Negative fight IQ

Holland chose to engage in a fun striking battle. It had a bit of everything on the feet. Had Holland kept grappling early, half the forum would called him a scared panic wrestler. You “fans” don’t appreciate a fight for what it is.

Holland's priorities in MMA have always seemed off. Like he's trying to prove something or put on a show instead of just fighting to win.

He needs to find the balance between being a showman and actually being a serious fighter.

Too cocky. Didn't think an almost 40 year old Thompson could hang with him on the feet. He found out the hard way that UFC wins aren't easy no matter how talented you think you are.

They had a gentleman's agreement to keep it standing. It's not a matter of "fight IQ", it's more about pride. Maybe you could call that "low IQ", but it's not like Holland didn't know he probably would have fared better on the ground

They were both asking for a striker, they got what they wanted.

I'm a black belt and I just took Wonderboy down.

Ima let him up and kickboxing with him.

Derp.
He had a broken hand likely in the second round. And a destroyed hand by the fourth. How can he wrestle if he can barely throw that hand anymore?

I'm a black belt and I just took Wonderboy down.

Ima let him up and kickboxing with him.

Derp.
He'd already decided before the fight he wasnt going to grapple him. The entire reason he asked for Wonderboy is because both of them were sick of people just grappling them.

He was always going to stand and trade with WB tonight. He was just banking on WB being more over the hill than he is.

Holland and Thompson had publicly agreed not to grapple. Holland is a man of his word.

A) potentially beating the #6 ranked fighter in the world.

B) keeping your stupid promise to not use the advantages you have to try to win within the rules of competition

Choose wisely.

They had a gentleman's agreement to keep it standing. It's not a matter of "fight IQ", it's more about pride. Maybe you could call that "low IQ", but it's not like Holland didn't know he probably would have fared better on the ground
"Pride" and "stupidity" can often be interchanged

Back