Need to lose the gut for summer :)

Wild Dan Hibiki

Black Belt
Reaction score
Sounds lame but it'd be nice to show off a six pack for once in my life. Should i stick to my weight program:

Monday:
Pectoralis major

Like you said your diet is average. Improve that and you will get the results you want. List your current diet and I will do my best to help you improve it. Also have you looked at the guerilla cardio threads on here. Try building your way up to that.

i cant really post what i eat because it varies (my mom makes dinner so yeah LOL). i know what to get rid of and stuff so i should be able to handle it.

i havent eaten deep fried/fatty foods for about 6 months now with the exception of my cheat days which i have something bad like once or twice. im gonna try and drop white rice and bread from my diet too.

you can't post what you eat? Alright I'll post my diet then. I hope it helps:

breakfast:
oatmeal
3 egg whites

lunch:
turkey, tuna, or roast beef on whole wheat bread

snack:
yogurt or nuts and fruit

dinner:
salad with oil and vinegar dressing
piece of chicken, steak, or fish
veggies

snack (I don't always have this):
yogurt

Try to eat several small meals a day. For carbs, eat the complex type: anything thats whole grain, oatmeal, brown rice is good I heard. Avoid refined carbs: pasta, starches. drink plenty of water and eat fruit when you're hungry and its in between meals.

thanks for that, i'll kinda use that as a template. its funny how you never actually do something until you see it written down in front of your face. i'll add protein shakes in there as well.

so you reckon i can get buff if i stick to this kinda diet and my weight routine in 3 months?

Timbaland said:
breakfast:
oatmeal
3 egg whites

lunch:
turkey, tuna, or roast beef on whole wheat bread

snack:
yogurt or nuts and fruit

dinner:
salad with oil and vinegar dressing
piece of chicken, steak, or fish
veggies

snack (I don't always have this):
yogurt

That's only roughly 1600 calories. An active male who wants to lose weight should probably eat about 2200 cals per day.

Bob, well taking into account the size of the portions I eat, I get in 2400 to 2500 calories a day.

Wild Dan, adding protein shakes in there would be good. You should definitely be able to get results from this diet over a period of 3 months, especially if you're eating fast food, fried food, candy, etc right now. I would work out abs more than once a week. I train abs 3 days a week.

b0b said:
That's only roughly 1600 calories. An active male who wants to lose weight should probably eat about 2200 cals per day.

Larger portions..It will cover the calories your nmot getting by meal frequency

I skip breakfast. Some say this is a good idea (intermitant fasting) and other say its not so smart. I do it because I'd rather sleep the extra 20 minutes which is sad.

For lunch, I bring a chicken breast that I cooked the night before, raw cut up veggies, fruit and some peanuts. Just try to avoid high glycemic index carbs.

For dinner, I also eat whatever my mom cooks me but I cut out any potatoes, rice or anything like that and get filled up on vegetables instead.

Also, try a fat burning pill. Get one with caffiene and ephedrine mixed. They work surprisingly well.

yeah i gotta wake up really early for uni (college for the american kids) and i miss out breakfast a lot. i'll try and get some oatmeal and have that for breakfast though

TapDG said:
Larger portions..It will cover the calories your nmot getting by meal frequency

The advice I have been given is that your metabolism is like a fire. If you keep adding small logs frequently, it will burn hot and clean. If you put a big lump of wood on it, it will cool down and not burn all the way through. This may or may not be correct, I am not a dietictian, scientist, or even close to an expert on the subject, but the analogy makes since to me.

Wild Dan Hibiki said:

I don't understand why you have so much weights on your schedule and not enough running..

You said you wanted a 'six pac' correct?

Listen to broomstick and Urban.. they've helped me alot.. here is my routine

9:30 a.m. Jog for 20-30 mins before breakfast
10:00 a.m. Oatmeal (nothing on the oatmeal just plain ass sick shit) Protein shake as well
12:00 p.m. Weights (Do excersizes that only work that muscle for the day.. tho some will disagree with me on this)
1:00 p.m. Lunch-tuna fish, protein shake and a protien bar
3:00 snack (apple, banana, peach .. ) just fruits in general
5:00 p.m. Dinner (Spinach salad, some graded cheese.. and a boiled egg)
6:30 p.m ride my bike

Urbans site (if you look in his profile) has a good running routine tho I'm not ready for it.. yet.

I do
Jog 60 seconds.. then full out run for 15.. repeat 4 more time

I wish I had the time you have, ObsceneJester. I have to be to work by 8:00. Here's my schedule for most weekdays.

5:00 or 5:30 : Wake up to lift weights.
7:00 : Wake up my son and start getting ready for work.
7:30 : Make breakfast for myself, my son, and usually my wife. I usually have a yogart and eggs or Raisen Bran cereal.
7:50 : Off to work.

Let me explain this. She gets up at 5:00AM to get ready for work, and leaves at around 5:30 or 5:45. Then, she gets a break for breakfast at around 7:30 and takes our son to school at 8:15.

10:00 : I usually have a protein bar, like and Detour or something. Anything that keeps me from eating too huge of a lunch.

Around 12:00 - 1:00 : Lunch, most often sushi. I know it sounds cheesy. Sorry.

Somewhere in the afternoon I try to have a small snack.

6:00 or 7:30 (depending on the day) : Off to class (MA).

After class I have a small dinner. It's hard to know what I'll have. It depends on what my wife wants.

My biggest problem is that I never really feel rested when I wake up and I always start feeling tired later in the day. I would think that 7 hours would be plenty of sleep for an average person.

I wish I had the time to dedicate my whole day to training, but between family and work, that's obviously not a viable option. So, until companies start sponsering 29 year old start-ups with 2 years training under their belts, I guess I'll just have to do what I can.

farmboy

Diet, lots of veggies, seesm weird but try to cut protein to 100g a day, at least for me it works, and eat some good carbs fiber cut out patatoes and pasta and all the white flour and bread.

If I were you I would start a Guerilla Cardio program and eat only fish, chicken, lean steaks, and all that healthy food, in a few months you will be god!

ObsceneJester said:
I don't understand why you have so much weights on your schedule and not enough running..

You said you wanted a 'six pac' correct?

Listen to broomstick and Urban.. they've helped me alot.. here is my routine

9:30 a.m. Jog for 20-30 mins before breakfast
10:00 a.m. Oatmeal (nothing on the oatmeal just plain ass sick shit) Protein shake as well
12:00 p.m. Weights (Do excersizes that only work that muscle for the day.. tho some will disagree with me on this)
1:00 p.m. Lunch-tuna fish, protein shake and a protien bar
3:00 snack (apple, banana, peach .. ) just fruits in general
5:00 p.m. Dinner (Spinach salad, some graded cheese.. and a boiled egg)
6:30 p.m ride my bike

Urbans site (if you look in his profile) has a good running routine tho I'm not ready for it.. yet.

I do
Jog 60 seconds.. then full out run for 15.. repeat 4 more time

cant follow that routine, i leave for uni at 6. so at best i can only fit in oatmeal for breakfast (btw is there a difference between rolled oats and oatmeal?). when i go to the gym at my uni i bring a protein shake with me so i can take it after i finish my workout. like i said, i do cardio for about 20 minutes after my weights. i pretty much do everything on your list after 3pm though. when im still at uni during around lunch time i usually just have a small sushi roll or a wholemeal bread sandwich

I was reading up on the Guerilla Cardio, and according to the article I read, if done correctly an entire session should only take you about 12 minutes total, including warm-up and cool down. So, get up 20 minutes early before you have to head to school and do it then, preferably on an empty stomach. I just finished reading the article last night, and plan on starting the plan this coming Monday. I'm going to rearrange my entire weightlifting regime around it. I figure I'll give it 8 weeks and see what happens.

Back