Need to lose the gut for summer :)

farmboy said:
I was reading up on the Guerilla Cardio, and according to the article I read, if done correctly an entire session should only take you about 12 minutes total, including warm-up and cool down. So, get up 20 minutes early before you have to head to school and do it then, preferably on an empty stomach. I just finished reading the article last night, and plan on starting the plan this coming Monday. I'm going to rearrange my entire weightlifting regime around it. I figure I'll give it 8 weeks and see what happens.

link please

Wild Dan Hibiki said:
cant follow that routine, i leave for uni at 6.QUOTE]

Again I was just giving you my routine that I have.. Obvioiusly modify it to your liking..

What you need to do (if you want a six pac) is do more running, dieting and weighted/non-weighted ab workouts..

If you want to lift weights, cool.. If not make sure you eat enough protein to keep what muscle you have.. but if you want a 'six pac' concentrate on running, dieting and ab workouts (if you do weighted workouts do like M,W,F..

im gonna try out guerilla cardio first thing tomorrow morning to see how that goes and if it goes well i'm gonna chuck it into tuesday, thursday and saturday.

Not trying to piss on anyone shoes here, but apparently the two different schools of thought have completly different ideas on how to be cut. Right now, even if you lost your gut you are not going to have monster looking cut up six pack. To see muscle you need to build it.

Try this routine, it has worked for alot of people

Edit - Forgot to mention this routine should only take about an hour each gym trip

Monday
Squats-5x5(Do four progressively heavier sets of 5 with the 5th set being your 5RM.)
Deadlifts-5x5(Do the same)
Bench Press-5x5(Do the same)
Incline DB Press-2x12-20

Wednesday
Light Squats or Lunges-4x8 each leg
Good Mornings-3x8-12
Shoulder Press-5x5 or Dips-4xmax until you get 12 each time. then add weight.
Pullups-4xmax

Friday
Squats-warmup to a 3 reps with 5 more lbs than you used on Monday. On the following monday use this weight for your 5th set.
Bent Over Row-5x5
Incline Bench-5x5
Tricep Extensions-2x12-20

(^^^This being the hard part. I assume since this is a MMA forum people are ready to get their hands dirty and do some work, but im always suprised by how everyone wants the easy way out all the time. The god damn truth is no pain, no gain)

I personally add abs to all of these days. Basic crunches, leg lifts, yada yada. Start by going to failure the first few times then section up the routine to sets of 20 and work your way up.

I like the analogy of the burning fire. The same way that your metabolism burns the more little pieces you throw on, your muscles work the same way. Lean muscle mass will continue to burn up fat all day just sitting on your body. Jogging on the other hand is the best thing you can do for cardio, but not the best for weight loss. Also get that protein shake going, most places I have seen say 1g per lb of body weight for an active male.

Diet is at least 60% of the game here, and most people shrug it off. If you want to be a 280lbs power lifter keep eating pizzas and twinkys. Otherwise keep that shit it check, allow for a day a week, or every other week for alittle slpurge. With a solid diet in conjunction with a good weight lifting routine your body will into a fat buring machine.

i'd rather not do all 3 main lifts in one day. its most likely gonna hampen my progress cause im gonna be fatigued to the max if i do it all in one day. i've based my original routine around the upper, middle, and lower body template. i've stopped the white processed carbs (which is pretty hard being asian, cause all we eat is rice).

hey guys is it normal to have the top 2 abs larger than the bottom 4?

they're visible as we speak and from what i can see, they seem to be more built than my other abs...

Wild Dan Hibiki said:
hey guys is it normal to have the top 2 abs larger than the bottom 4?

they're visible as we speak and from what i can see, they seem to be more built than my other abs...

I don't think they are necessarily larger, I think it has to do with that fact that there is more fat stored around the lower abs, making them harder to see.

Floppycheif said:
Not trying to piss on anyone shoes here, but apparently the two different schools of thought have completly different ideas on how to be cut. Right now, even if you lost your gut you are not going to have monster looking cut up six pack. To see muscle you need to build it.

Try this routine, it has worked for alot of people

Edit - Forgot to mention this routine should only take about an hour each gym trip

Monday
Squats-5x5(Do four progressively heavier sets of 5 with the 5th set being your 5RM.)
Deadlifts-5x5(Do the same)
Bench Press-5x5(Do the same)
Incline DB Press-2x12-20

Wednesday
Light Squats or Lunges-4x8 each leg
Good Mornings-3x8-12
Shoulder Press-5x5 or Dips-4xmax until you get 12 each time. then add weight.
Pullups-4xmax

Friday
Squats-warmup to a 3 reps with 5 more lbs than you used on Monday. On the following monday use this weight for your 5th set.
Bent Over Row-5x5
Incline Bench-5x5
Tricep Extensions-2x12-20

If you're gonna post Bill Starr's exact routine, at least credit the man with it.

I like the analogy of the burning fire. The same way that your metabolism burns the more little pieces you throw on, your muscles work the same way. Lean muscle mass will continue to burn up fat all day just sitting on your body.

Metabolism doesn't change on a meal to meal basis. 3 big meals vs. 8 small meals means fuck all.

my big toe said:
I don't think they are necessarily larger, I think it has to do with that fact that there is more fat stored around the lower abs, making them harder to see.

So true

o ok i guess that makes sense, and i guess its gotta have something to do with the organs behind that muscles that affect its placement

so how accurate is that article's claim that Guerillia Cardio doesn't burn away muscle?

Its one of the reasons I've avoided doing HIIT.

Hybrid_Killer said:
so how accurate is that article's claim that Guerillia Cardio doesn't burn away muscle?

Its one of the reasons I've avoided doing HIIT.

I wouldn't worry about it if you are eating enough protein and have a good strength training routine.

Yeah, I would think that you'd have to worry more about burning muscle in longer distance cardio.

Back