Need help with some music.

TrueGrit

Purple Belt
Reaction score
So I've always enjoyed older music, but never really knew where to look or who to search. When I watched the movie Looper last night this song was played while the credits rolled, and I just sat back and relaxed while it played.

So basically my question is, what other artists would you suggest I look up in order to find music similar to this? Any and all suggestions are appreciated, thanks.

That I did, thanks. See the problem is even when I recognize a song, I don't know much about the artists back then. Probably my fault more than anything.

Rolling Stones, Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Beach Boys, Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix, Bob Dylan, the Doors, the Who, Rush, AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Van Halen, Aerosmith, Chicago, Deep Purple. Good places to start.

Also, I love 50's oldies - ie "Runaround Sue", "Runaway", "Dream Lover", etc. There are too many to name and many were one hit wonders. There are also quite a few one hit wonder songs from the 60's and 70's (ie "American Pie") that are too numerous to mention.

Rolling Stones, Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Beach Boys, Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix, Bob Dylan, the Doors, the Who, Rush, AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Van Halen, Aerosmith, Chicago, Deep Purple. Good places to start.

Also, I love 50's oldies - ie "Runaround Sue", "Runaway", "Dream Lover", etc. There are too many to name and many were one hit wonders. There are also quite a few one hit wonder songs from the 60's and 70's (ie "American Pie") that are too numerous to mention.

i thought he was looking for soul/funk/r&b

Thanks for the recommendations, but I pretty much know all the artists you listed. And like another poster already said, I'm looking more for soul/R&B/jazz type stuff. I'll check out some of the ones you listed from the 50's though, thanks.

I love the Temptations but im sure youve heard of them.

I love thier rendition of earth angel.

Believe it or not I haven't heard of them. That's what I mean when I say I'm fairly clueless when it comes to these kinds of artists. Good song as well, thanks.

Back