Need help w/ forearm training

Yeah, I try to keep out of sight of people when I am marching around with 25 feet of rope around my shoulder and a sledgehammer in my hand, but I live on campus so there's only so much I can do. I've also taken to lugging discarded chunks of concrete from a nearby construction site because I figure I can use them in lieu of medicine balls and kegs (I know they're not a perfect substitution but I am a broke, broke bastard). All this activity could be the reason I sit alone in the cafeteria. I dunno.

wasptrash said:
I can only imagine all the strange looks people must give you. You're lucky no one's called the cops to report someone attempting suicide.
Good call..... It's all good to workout like that but I would love to see the expressions on peoples faces when they see you walking by climbing up a tree with a rope at your age. Again, i'm not criticising you, I would do the same if i did not have a place to hang a rope.

My buddy and I used to go outside to my old gyms back yard with a 45 lb plate and do throws from the ground (throwing it over my head backwards as far as I could) to finish our back work. The yard was connected to the parking lot for a reception hall. I loved it when there was a wedding reception beginning and I got to witness the puzzled (sometimes scared) looks on the guests faces. We had an empty keg that we used to throw as well.

wasptrash said:
My buddy and I used to go outside to my old gyms back yard with a 45 lb plate and do throws from the ground (throwing it over my head backwards as far as I could) to finish our back work. The yard was connected to the parking lot for a reception hall. I loved it when there was a wedding reception beginning and I got to witness the puzzled (sometimes scared) looks on the guests faces. We had an empty keg that we used to throw as well.

HAHAHAHAHA!!! Awesome!

do farmers walks, sledgehammer levering, and use a Formulator.... if you train all 3 your forarms will definitely blow up if you have proper nutrition and sleep enough

Lard-ass said:
Hey cosism, like your avatar.

LOL! I was just thinking the same thing before I read this post. Mega Man rocks!!!!! Brings back memories of playing Metroid, Mario, and Mega Man on the old NES.

Of a more on-topic nature...I too have pussy forearms. Maybe we should form a support group.

Dash_Riprock said:
LOL! I was just thinking the same thing before I read this post. Mega Man rocks!!!!! Brings back memories of playing Metroid, Mario, and Mega Man on the old NES.

Of a more on-topic nature...I too have pussy forearms. Maybe we should form a support group.
The rirst step to recovery in Puny Forarms Annonymous is admitting it. You have taken the first step brother......

step 2, grab a sledge and start levering, in a couple months: bend something!

What is the third step? Playing mercy with your mom?

rickdog said:
What is the third step? Playing mercy with your mom?
You've been through the program before.

Thanks for the comments on the av. I got it from slumlord, but it was made by the equalizer. I told slumlord I was a big fan of megaman, and he did not know who megaman was, lol, so he gave me the av. BTW, megaman owns! BTW, I have drilled the holes in both my 1 1/2" and 2" pipes already. They are both 12" in length, but I added coupling on the ends to add a little weight to them. I am going to the hardware sstore and sportmart to find a chain/rope and weights, respectively. I will posts some shots fo my homebrew equipment when they are done.

can anyone link the PUSSY HANDS thread? i searched for it and it didnt come up, but to search again i have to wait 60 seconds..

Get a bucket and fill it with rice (an 8 kg bag should do the trick. Make a fist and stick your hand as deep into the bucket as you can. Open your fingers as wide as possible, and then grab a handful. Let go, and remove your hand. Repeat as necessary.

This is kind of reppy, and you'll probably outgrow the resistance fairly quick. Switch to sand when the reps get too high, and add water to the sand down the road for further resistance. I'm not sure how much strength you'll add doing this, but it works your hands and lower arm like nothing else. I use this for conditioning/active recovery more than anything else, but my forearms ballooned after a few weeks.

Back