Need help w/ forearm training

cosism

Custom User Title
@Green
Reaction score
I have pussy forearms. With that said, how often can I train them? Wrist curls with DBs and wrist curls behind-the-back with a BB. I have read in here that building a wrist roller kicks ass. Thursday I will build one of 2" steel pipe. I have all the shit I need at work. Now that I will soon have a roller for forearm thrashing, can I work it more than once a week?

You can train your forearms anywhere between 1 and 20 times a week... but you need to do something different each time and it really depends on your own ability to recover and current level of forearm conditioning. If those are your only methods of training your forearms I reccomend doing one forward curling movement and one reverse curling movement twice a week to start with. even still that's a pretty shitty workout. Have you read the You have pussy hands?

Consider plate curls, thickbar work, farmer's walks, block weight exercises, heavy grippers (COC, Beef Builder, etc.), sledgehammer levering, etc. There's way better exercises to use for grip work, though if you're looking for size gains, wrist curls may be as good as it gets.

i train my forearms while i'm wathing t.v or when im at school i grip the desk

I'm with Urban, high volume works for grip and forearms. For forearm size nothing beats wrist rolling!!

wrist curls are the way to go, and also as the forearms are made up of a nubmer of small muscles you can train this area every other day for maximum results. training them 20 times a week would be overtraining though lol

try zottman curls

also use the straight bar instead of easy curl bars when doing barbell curls

extra tip
when your going into the negative phase of a barbell curl and as the barbell reaches bottom let it roll to your finger tips (as that your hands are no longer in a fist but flat with only your fingertips holding the weight). then as you go for your next rep start curling the bar back into your closed fist as you bring the weight to positve

I've got to go with the wrist roller but I would also strongly consider working grip if I were you. Plater curls and farmers walk are also good for building incredible strength and some mass in the forearms. Strongmen have huge forearms and I doubt they sit around doing wrist curls. Just a thought.

Rope climbing will strengthen your forearms considerably as well as "de-vaginize your paws." Urban's as-many-climbs-as-possible-in-20-minutes protocol suits me just fine when I climb. If I could only do one exercise for grip and lower arm strength, rope climbing would be it (a quick caveat: I haven't tied any block weight work yet but I intend to soon. From what I hear, it might usurp rope climbing as my choice for most effective grip training).

I really would encourage you to give it a try if you can get a hold of nice, thick rope. I also would echo some of the previous opinions in this thread and recommend farmer's walks and some sort of heavy crushing-grip exercise.

My question for the rope guys...where the hell do you hang a rope?? I dont have 50 ft trees and have a 8 foot ceiling...I do wrist curls and havent seen much gain except up near my elbow...

Thanks for the replies fellas. It seems I am on the right track. I have been doing 3X10 M-W-F for the last week. Honestly, my grip("crushing") is quite strong for my size. I am one of those with a firm handshake. I am mainly working on size. I do not use the easy curl bar, I use the straight one. I will continue the wrist curls, and add in reverse wrist curls. As well as twists. Tomorrow night I will make my wrist roller. Does anyone have pics of thier wrist rollers? I am thinking about using a 2" steel pipe that is 12" in length. I can get any 2" pipe from 1" to 12" long only, but have couplings if it needs to be longer than that. I was going to drill a hole and get some rope with a knot on the end, as well as a washer to keep the knot inside. I am on my way to real you have pussy hands. Thanks again guys!

this is kinda of a throwback to dinosaur training but if you really want to get jacked forearms take a job where you have to lug around cinderblocks

Reverse curls (I'm not talking wrist curls, although they are very good) using a straight bar work well. As far as rollers go, I used PVC since it is easier to drill a hole in, then I attached a foot of small link chain with a carabiner at the end of my rope so it was easier to change weights.

johnnynoname said:
this is kinda of a throwback to dinosaur training but if you really want to get jacked forearms take a job where you have to lug around cinderblocks
Negative good buddy. My career right now is going awesome. I am one of the youngest technicians my company has ever seen. I am in the same spot as guys w/ more than 20 years seniority than I do. Thanks though.

wasptrash said:
Reverse curls (I'm not talking wrist curls, although they are very good) using a straight bar work well. As far as rollers go, I used PVC since it is easier to drill a hole in, then I attached a foot of small link chain with a carabiner at the end of my rope so it was easier to change weights.
I like this idea. Although PVC will cost me money, although not that much, I get the steel for free. Also, I have a badass drill my pops bought me for christmas. I will try to find some chain.

playing metal/death metal guitar is an awesome workout for the forearms \m/

A guy on here said to pick up the heaviest dumbbells you can in each arm, and walk at a slow pace around a track. Not sure on the intervals or anything, but he said it builds forearms nicely.

Huntor said:
playing metal/death metal guitar is an awesome workout for the forearms \m/

That makes my mind go a dizzy one. The hardest I go is SOAD and some lod hardcore punk rock, other than that, no bueno.

b0b said:
A guy on here said to pick up the heaviest dumbbells you can in each arm, and walk at a slow pace around a track. Not sure on the intervals or anything, but he said it builds forearms nicely.
Farmer's walk.

Freestyler said:
My question for the rope guys...where the hell do you hang a rope?? I dont have 50 ft trees and have a 8 foot ceiling...I do wrist curls and havent seen much gain except up near my elbow...

I have a 25 ft rope. I tied a knot in one end with a small loop (tie it so that the loop will not tighten unless you plan on leaving the rope there for a while). I merely walk around the park, woods behind my apartment, or my campus until I find a suitable tree limb. Then I shimmy up the tree, wrap the rope around the limb, pass the opposite end of the rop through the loop, and then swing off the tree trunk Tarzan style with a suitable yell and climb down.

I can only imagine all the strange looks people must give you. You're lucky no one's called the cops to report someone attempting suicide.

Back