Need Gi shopping help.

Gsoares2-I am 6'1" 200-205lbs and a A3 fits me perfect. I wash the HCK and shrank it to fit me snug. I like you, like my gis to fit snug. Problem is that people will buy a A2 that may fit them but then they turn around and throw it in the wash with their jeans and then in the dryer; next thing you know the gi is way too small. The safe choice is a A3 and shrinking it down with the HCK. The Gameness is a different story, the top is pre-shrunk so if a A2 fits well then get the A2 but the pants will shrink so you have to wash it in cold and air dry it without any heat.

Every gi is different. I do like the old Mkimono gis a lot. I hope when Lu gets them back in that they are the same quality as the old ones.

www.SSFgear.com

Na Guarda Kimonos

Na Guarda Gis are ideal for you. You are serious about training and competing, and you demand quality and performance. Na Guarda Gis are pre-shrunk and made in single (Na Guarda Evolution), double (Na Guarda Competition Gi) and golden weaves (Na Guarda Supreme Gi).

Thank you,

Alex
www.naguardakimonos.com - 100% Jiu-Jitsu

I'VE narrowed it down to a single weave HCK and Atama. Still debating, but thanks alot you guys made it way easier for me!

Oh just so we're clear, I shouldn't use a Judo Gi for Jiu Jitsu right? I kinda like the idea of a roomier fit.

You can use a judo gi in Jiu-jitsu class but not the other way around. The judo gi will give your opt more handles to grab you by. HCK and Atama both make judo gis as well.

www.SSFgear.com

dont go judo.. you will be happy in the end that you didnt. you be wearing a smock while everyone else has on a jacket....

But then again maybe you like that... some guys are fine with it but i like the snugger fit... you stay much cooler.

SSF said:
Gsoares2-I am 6'1" 200-205lbs and a A3 fits me perfect. I wash the HCK and srink it to fit me snug. I like you, like my gis to fit snug. Problem is that people will buy a A2 that may fit them but then they turn around and throw it in the wash with their jeans and then in the dryer; next thing you know the gi is way too small. The safe choice is a A3 and shrinking it down with the HCK. The Gameness is a different story, the top is pre-shrunk so if a A2 fits well then get the A2 but the pants will shrink so you have to wash it in cold and air dry it without any heat.

Every gi is different. I do like the old Mkimono gis a lot. I hope when Lu gets them back in that they are the same quality as the old ones.

www.SSFgear.com

Your absolutely right.. My atama fits me perfect for an a3 i dont think i could fit an a2 in atama. But i def think i could wear in A2 dragao.. i so wish i wouldnt have got an A3 from them. When i get pulled into spider guard sleeve consumes my hand.

Dragao did not shrink at all, and my atama shrank alot.

I just tried on my friends Atama, and all I have to say is wow....That jacket is thick and heavy. What the hell are those collars made of? We were rolling a little bit and honestly it felt indestructible. I can't wait to order mine.

OH yeah I got tossed into a wall tonight. It fucking sucked, we were doing hip tosses and instead of him bringing me to the ground he threw me in to a wall. It was kinda funny since everyone stopped and everything they were doing to watch me crawl back to my feet. I felt like a dork.

w-181b.jpg
Just curious, is it true that Woldorf gets their Gis from the same man. as HCK? I know you can't tell but heres the link and a couple of pics? Has anyone ordered one before? I'm not ordering it, because its pretty overpriced and out of my budget. Plus if its true, then that makes the HCKs look even better. Link: http://www.woldorf.com/Shop-read-131.html
w-182.jpg

Woldorf gis are total junk. I've seen a few pairs at our school and I can't believe how bad they are. HCK are great top notch gis.

www.SSFgear.com

Hmm I'm now disturbed since my buddy was told that they got it from the same manufacturer and ordered one for pretty cheap as a backup. I don't think I have the heart to tell him this.

He has an atama single weave too though.

ClampXVII - whoever told you Woldorf gets their gis made by me is a liar. Woldorf is a cheeszy low budget outfit out of Pakistan. My uniforms are manufactured for me in China to my specific design, fabric choice and construction requirements. The original contract factory I used also sewed for Mizuno and Addidas, but I switched 5 years ago when this contract factory gave away my design secrets to Mizuno and Addidas. So the Adidas JJ Machado Signature and Rickson Gracie Mizuno gis are actually my designs. I have been using a better and more reliable factory since then. And yes, HCK is universally acknowledged as the World's finest grappling uniform. Established in 1997.

Howard Liu

HOWARD COMBAT KIMONOS

Hmm I'm glad we cleared things up, unfortunatley my friend bought one of theirs and now I feel a little bad since that happened. Thanks HCK!

Yeah this is what we were talking about when my buddy and I placed the bid. He doesn't have a Paypal account so I placed it for him. I'm glad I got the bidder to cancel my bid. I've aleady bought my gi on the net. Its a single weave HCK. I guess my buddy was looking for something cheap because he only has one gi.

Back