Need Gi shopping help.

I have heard the orgin of the regulations about the GI was the old HCK GI`s, that soooo lame (of HCK).

ClampXVII said:
Yeah this is what we were talking about when my buddy and I placed the bid. He doesn't have a Paypal account so I placed it for him. I'm glad I got the bidder to cancel my bid. I've aleady bought my gi on the net. Its a single weave HCK. I guess my buddy was looking for something cheap because he only has one gi.

iam sure you will like the new gi clamp, tells us if you like it when you get it.

??? No seriously it wasn't for me! ehhhh..... I'm not that big of a cheapskate!

Attn HappyCamper - CBJJ alwasy had gi measurement regulations. The original regulations were what was called "the 4 finger in the cuffs rule". HCK have always followed these rule. In 1998, the IJF (Intl Judo Federation) instituted new uniform measurement and color rules for the 2000 Summer Olympic Games. The CBJJ, wanting to follow a protocol to enhance BJJ's chances of becoming a true international sport and hopefully be considered as an Olympic entry in the future, adopted similar measurement rules instuted by the IJF. The differences were the CBJJ allowed for a more tailored uniform vis a vis the Judo uniform. HCK, along with all other uniform manufacturers followed these new rules.

That's so lame of you to start false rumors and attempting to slander HCK.

Don't worry bro I'll make up for it by purchasing a Gi from you guys. :D

Just wanted to hear what you had to say about it. The old doubble weave HCK is just one strange creation.

ClampXVII said:
??? No seriously it wasn't for me! ehhhh..... I'm not that big of a cheapskate!

No, i was under the impression that you ordered a HCK single weave....thats what I meant. :D and if you havent yet, you should get one. You cant go wrong for the price.

just curious how many oz. are gi tops and pants usually? My friends is pretty heavy, his is an Atama single weave. He trains with BTT in LB and those things are pretty hefty.

The atama single weave is alot lighter than all the other GIs i have had. Mine is an A2 and weigh about 2,2 kg i think. Thats nice for competitions :p

The reason I asked where I was just browsing around Gis still and just wanted to check out Judo gis and some were listed as 20oz.: http://cgi.ebay.com/580-Gm-White-Si...itemZ7186328813QQcategoryZ73986QQcmdZViewItem and 37 oz. : http://cgi.ebay.com/1050-Gram-White...itemZ7185880647QQcategoryZ73986QQcmdZViewItem are they light or heavy compared to BJJ Gis? I mean I honestly can't imagine one thicker than my buddy's single weave, and I don't know how much my HCK single weave is going to weigh. Oh yeah this Gi kicks ass! :
event-3-part-2.jpg

What? I heard that karate gis are really thin compared to judo gis.

for a double weave that looks like a really good deal. But I'm still curious about the weight of gis in general. I'm looking for a really thick one so that way I can get my sweat on like a mofo. What I'm planning is that I'm going to get a moderatley priced training gi(my Hck I ordered), a cheap back up one so that way I don't offend anyone with my man scents, and maybe down the line a competition gi(I'd like to go a tourney to know where I stand). I have one and and I'm just doing some research for another one, but like I said before I want a cheap thick ass alternative, And those ones I listed above don't seem to bad.

Clamp-I don't know anything about the gis that your have link on ebay. I have a lower priced double weave gi made by Fuji that is of high quality, it too is a judo gi. The collar is very close to that of a HCK gi. Anyway, you can see it here http://www.scientificstreetfighting.net/index.cfm?fuseaction=detail&id=31291&product=80 Iwill back this gi 100%. IF your not happy with it I'll give you a full refund and pay shipping both ways. Best of all you know where I'm at so you can always get ahold of me if something is wrong.

www.SSFgear.com

I love my atama single weave. I'm planning to get a korl when I have the money.

Back