Need advice on workouts while also boxing.

the workout is do-able.

doesn't seem too extreme IMO.

as long as he's getting his rest and eating, he should be okay...

u should be tired if u are just starting this new routine (especially if u added more than your previous routine). just stick with it for another 2-3 weeks and it'll be normal to u.

Hello Everyone I have just started boxing, but when I workout in the week I notice I'am really tired when it comes time to do boxing.

I box 3 days out of the week and I workout 5-6 days a week
I have tried putting many different workout regiments together but I cant manage to make it work without being really tired when It comes time to box.

Can anyone give me some advice or their workout regiment and workouts that they pair with boxing in the week.

Thanks

Simple one,

Monday, boxing,
Tuesday, (prefer morning but no matter), 3 sets each of squat, bench and pulldown, 1 overhead press. Run in the evenng if you strengthed in morn or next morn if you strengthed in the evening.

...and then repeat. Sunday off or nice light run..

Ditch the weights..

Anytime u were gonna touch weights shadow box instead

Get in at least 3miles every morn for jog

Here's a sample of conditioning for boxing

10 sets of:
-pushups
-pullups
-dips
-leg lifts

Followed by 10 minutes of neck bridging

15mins skip rope

5days a week

Most of ur focus should be training skillz my brotha

Yeah. Ditch the weights. Shadow box with kettlebells. The extra wobbling will really confuse the muscles and work on balance. Totally functional.

Ditch the weights.

Anytime you were going touch weights shadow box instead

Get in at least 3miles every morning for jog

10 sets of:
-pushups
-pullups
-dips
-leg lifts

15mins skip rope

5days a week

Most of your focus should be training skills my brother

Looks better this way.

here is exact layout of extra conditioning at my boxing gym:

Morning:3-5 miles run 5 days a week

Afternoon:
-5sets of bench press with just an olympic bar for 3minutes,1 minute rest
-3sets of shoulder press with olympic bar for 3minutes,1minute rest
-300 jumps over 30ft long rope suspended a foot in the air,jump diagonally down the length of it...split the 300 into however many sets you need
-3sets of jack-knife situps for 3minutes,1 minute rest
-100-300 jumping jacks with 5 lbs weight in hand

try this one out too

I train chins and/or pushups after all my muay thai sessions (and sometimes also ligh weigh lifting)

Other than that i lift heavy( 5/3/1) 2 days a week.

1. Overhead press, Weighted chins. Ocasionally bench press/narrow grip bench press and bentover barbell rows.
2. Squats, stiff legged deadlifts and a whole lot of ab/core strenght exercices.

I was lifting every day in the past but i found this works better for me.

Hello Everyone I have just started boxing, but when I workout in the week I notice I'am really tired when it comes time to do boxing.

I box 3 days out of the week and I workout 5-6 days a week
I have tried putting many different workout regiments together but I cant manage to make it work without being really tired when It comes time to box.

Can anyone give me some advice or their workout regiment and workouts that they pair with boxing in the week.

Thanks

Ohh,, your workouts seems like you don't even get a single day of rest and that's not acceptable.
Just make sure that you arrange your workouts and boxing in such a way that you should be able to get at least a single day of rest like you may do 3 days workouts and 3 days boxing practice,,,with a single day rest(Any day from the week)
OR
Keep both things simultaneously like 2 hrs workouts and 2-3 hrs boxing(As per your schedule) but try to lift a little weight so that you'll get some strength for your boxing,,
I hope this would help,,
Details,,

You need to ask yourself whats your priority. You can't have a full time training program that doesn't take notice of your boxing, if you box. Your training needs to help you perform better in the ring, not the opposite. I'd suggest to make your boxing a priority and build your program around it. Slower the volume and increase the intensity. Don't burn your muscle out, keep the reps low, and try not going to failure, only while powerlifting. Also, try to not pattern overload, since you punch a lot, try doing a lot of pulling movements in the gym, strengthen your rear delts and middle back and stretch your front delt and pec major, you don't want fucked up shoulders. Pull-ups, Bent-over rows, Squats, Deadlifts, Lunges, Power Cleans, Overhead presses, Dips, Push-ups, i'd focus on these movements, with also a lot of core strength\endurance exercises such as gymnastics or yoga.

Last edited:
Ditch the weights..

Anytime u were gonna touch weights shadow box instead

Get in at least 3miles every morn for jog

10 sets of:
-pushups
-pullups
-dips
-leg lifts

15mins skip rope

5days a week

Most of ur focus should be training skillz my brotha
I tried something like this for a few months and lost ALL MY GAINZ and SWOLE. And even with the full dedication to boxing, I came to the painful realization that I will never be pro material.

So now I just do it for fun, and focus on lifting as well.

When I used to compete for boxing. i would train 5-6 days out of the week and try 2 sessions a days as much as i can for the week. Each session starts with 30 minutes of jump rope straight and few hundred sit ups pushups or whatever weird exercises the coach called out.

I felt strong in terms of bodyweight excercises and felt "in shape" but I kind of never had the energy left to lift and when I tried, I was very burnt out and felt running was more beneficial towards fighting rather than weight training. I never gotten into kettlebells, everytime i see a person doing it for cardio. I would think to myself that dude is gonna gas mad hard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back