NBC Poaches Seth McFarlane from FOX for $200 Million

There were a few years where Dave won but yeah Leno won the majority. But Fallon's ratings are decent and he's terrible

Yeah I personally prefer Letterman and Conan to Leno and Fallon but they obviously made the right financial decisions.

I think Seth Myers is much better than Leno or Fallon as well

Does anyone watch his shows anymore? I remember liking Family Guy for maybe a year around 2005 and then it’s just kind of like “oh yeah there’s the formula. Non sequitur followed by uncomfortable pause.”
I watch American Dad. That's it.

Orville should have been more like Star Trek.. He wanted it but chickened out a little.

Roger is better than any character on Family Guy.
Stan is better than Peter, Steve is better than Chris, Hailee is better than Meg, Lois and Franny are pretty close. The friend crew of Peter is really good, but Stan's CIA work buddies can occasionally bring it.

Surprisingly, his net worth is only around $300 million now while Matt and Trey are at $500 million each.
They outsmarted Comedy Central by holding out for digital rights at a time when the value of the market was not yet understood. It's similar to the ABA owners who held out for the TV/media rights from the NBA when the NBA bought them out. They ended up making hundreds of millions and then received a settlement from the NBA worth hundreds of millions on top of that.

Does anyone watch his shows anymore? I remember liking Family Guy for maybe a year around 2005 and then it’s just kind of like “oh yeah there’s the formula. Non sequitur followed by uncomfortable pause.”

And cutaway joke

Yeah I personally prefer Letterman and Conan to Leno and Fallon but they obviously made the right financial decisions.

I think Seth Myers is much better than Leno or Fallon as well

I feel like Letterman is iconic. I never had beef with Leno, as some do. To me, he was an affable, enjoyable host that appealed to a wide demographic and wasn't edgy. But Letterman and his show are the ones that really seemed to have influenced an entire wave of comics and TV performers afterwards. I was a big fan. I remember when he announced he was retiring. That bummed me out. So crazy to me that the retirement itself is going on 5 years now. I haven't caught his long-form interview show yet.

Conan is one of the best of all time in that role. He really seemed to get the short end of the deal with NBC. But I'm glad he's done well for himself with Comedy Central.

Just to go back to Leno and Letterman for a moment- the book The Late Shift about the battle to be Carson's successor is really great and I recommend it. But the point the book hammers home is that Letterman was generally considered by the powers that be to the high-level talent but that Jay was the company guy who was eager to please and would be willing to go travel the country and cut TV spots promoting affiliates and the like, which gave him an edge over the more standoffish Dave.

Yes. Orville is fantastic. The rest of his catalog is mostly catered to dipshits. He is like the white Tyler Perry.

And cutaway joke
source.gif

Stan is better than Peter, Steve is better than Chris, Hailee is better than Meg, Lois and Franny are pretty close. The friend crew of Peter is really good, but Stan's CIA work buddies can occasionally bring it.

forgot about this guy too!

j9DAqA6.gif

Seth MacFarlane does some of the most juvenile humor ever.

Matt Stone and Trey Parker might have won the battle, but it's looking like he's going to win the war.
this lil nugget is an early candidate for most cringe post of the year. what war is MacFarlane winning exactly?

gimme an @ when MacFarlane creates something as brilliant & successful as The Book of Mormon ya fuckin’ goof

this lil nugget is an early candidate for most cringe post of the year. what war is MacFarlane winning exactly?

gimme an @ when MacFarlane creates something as brilliant & successful as The Book of Mormon ya fuckin’ goof
I'm an enormous fan of Matt Stone and Trey Parker, and strongly prefer their content, although I adore The Orville. Exemplary Republicans.

It shouldn't be too difficult to deduce the imaginary "war" Seth's winning, you cowflower hobgoblin.

Surprisingly, his net worth is only around $300 million now while Matt and Trey are at $500 million each.
Did you Google that?

Because Google is hilariously unreliable with net worths. You should watch the chess player Hikaru Nakamura's reaction to discovering that Google says he is worth $45 million.

LOL @ NBC

What a fucking waste of money. But not surprising since they have a long history of choosingb terrible talent and driving their good talent away.

Choosing Leno over Letterman
Choosing Leno over Conan
Choosing Jimmy Fallon over anyone
Choosing Seth Meyers over anyone
Didn't Leno dominate Letterman in the ratings?
When it came to sitcoms and TV, Shit was good when NBC was on the top.
Look at the shows they had compared to everyone else. From Seinfeld to Friends to Fresh Prince to The Cosby Show etc...
After NBCs mid to late 90s run, is when CBS took over with all those shit NCIS shows and Big Bang Theory

I'm an enormous fan of Matt Stone and Trey Parker, and strongly prefer their content, although I adore The Orville. Exemplary Republicans.
<{Heymansnicker}>

It shouldn't be too difficult to deduce the imaginary "war" Seth's winning, you cowflower hobgoblin.
by all means then, please enlighten us, you pissed in puddle beneath a dumpster at a combination KFC & Taco Bell

Back