***NBA Thread v2: Peng Shuai > Qing James***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well obviously. The main difference between the two teams is one has a cheap owner and other doesn't. The best teams right now are all in the tax. Warriors, Nets, Suns will be when they resign Ayton, Clippers, Lakers, Nets, Bucks, and Jazz. All tax teams. I think Philly is too and they were the best team until they were hit by the injury bug. The days of broke boy teams doing anything in the league is over.

There are no broke boy owners though which makes the entire thing suck. Cuban is worth billions, but as you say, he's a cheap ass. Dirk probably could have won more than his miracle 2011 Chip if he didn't have to play his entire career with mostly mid-tier guys. Luka probably won't be as loyal as Dirk was so I fully expect Dallas to lose him at some point. Cuban has been down here talking about leaving the American Airlines center and building his own place also with a practice facility, so I know he will spend money on some things. Maybe he'll wake up and get some players to Dallas.

There are no broke boy owners though which makes the entire thing suck. Cuban is worth billions, but as you say, he's a cheap ass. Dirk probably could have won more than his miracle 2011 Chip if he didn't have to play his entire career with mostly mid-tier guys. Luka probably won't be as loyal as Dirk was so I fully expect Dallas to lose him at some point. Cuban has been down here talking about leaving the American Airlines center and building his own place also with a practice facility, so I know he will spend money on some things. Maybe he'll wake up and get some players to Dallas.

Are you sure this is accurate? Didn't he have a deal in place to get Kobe before Buss changed his mind?

Also when he got Kidd in 08 that was sort of a big deal even though by 11 he was more of a role player. Big players aren't available all the time in the NBA and a lot of teams clear cap space for free agents who never come.

Are you sure this is accurate? Didn't he have a deal in place to get Kobe before Buss changed his mind?

Also when he got Kidd in 08 that was sort of a big deal even though by 11 he was more of a role player. Big players aren't available all the time in the NBA and a lot of teams clear cap space for free agents who never come.

I heard Kobe actually called Dirk and tried to get him to L.A. but Dirk told him no.

Orlando is pretty terrible

Jonathan Isaac please come soon they're barely hanging on

@faustian

Every league needs a bunch of cities that are perpetually bad to elevate other teams. A league can't have 30 Harlem Globetrotters, its hard to build elite brands like this. It's more compelling watching two 60 win teams have a match up than to see a 38 w franchise taking on a 33 w franchise.

Sac
Minny
Orlando
Charlotte
Pelicans

In essence these franchises exist to serve as perpetual tomato cans to be crushed and pad records for the teams that play on national TV. They also serve as a feeder league to develop talent that will eventually leave for good teams.

Every league needs a bunch of cities that are perpetually bad to elevate other teams. A league can't have 30 Harlem Globetrotters, its hard to build elite brands like this. It's more compelling watching two 60 win teams have a match up than to see a 38 w franchise taking on a 33 w franchise.

Sac
Minny
Orlando
Charlotte
Pelicans

In essence these franchises exist to serve as perpetual tomato cans to be crushed and pad records for the teams that play on national TV. They also serve as a feeder league to develop talent that will eventually leave for good teams.

That's just sad, although I can't disagree with it. In this last off season the Lakers were able to sign 10 players. They basically retooled their entire team in about 2 months. Meanwhile, a team like the Mavs who have Luka, were only able to pick up a couple mid-tier players like Reggie Bullock. I've watched it happen over and over. Some will say that the Lakers could only do that because they have Lebron but the Lakers have always been able to do this shit, they did it when they had Kobe, they did it when they Had Magic. Its always seems there is an uneven playing ground and teams like the Lakers have an unfair advantage over most teams. Maybe that's why so many delight at every loss they take.

Good win for the raptors tonight

Trent Jr is skilled bulldog, he is always active on defense, and never scared to shoot

Ouch the Bulls losing to the Rockets. Well Lakeshow got the win but still struggling to put away bad teams.

I don't understand stand it being a Troll on Butler if people think he banged some weird Red Head from ESPN

NBA has done some great things with officiating but they need to get rid of this dumbass charging rule. It could seriously hurt the airborne player too and just kills exciting plays. Its fake defense.

Why don't you just roll out a red carpet in the paint as well.

Meh only James Dolan and Dan Giblert have spent more on the luxury tax than the Cubes

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/cba/tax/

Dallas was constantly looking to add firepower throughout Dirk's prime in the 2000s, problem was the roster construction in that their pieces didn't fit well and they were too offense-heavy. There's a difference between bad spending and unwillingness to spend

Even post-Dirk, the Porzingis trade only happened because Dallas was willing to max extend him while NY wanted to dodge that bullet

Meh only James Dolan and Dan Giblert have spent more on the luxury tax than the Cubes

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/cba/tax/

Dallas was constantly looking to add firepower throughout Dirk's prime in the 2000s, problem was the roster construction in that their pieces didn't fit well and they were too offense-heavy. There's a difference between bad spending and unwillingness to spend

Even post-Dirk, the Porzingis trade only happened because Dallas was willing to max extend him while NY wanted to dodge that bullet

Yeah they made odd choices, After the Title Win not really re- signing Tyson Chandler was one , he was literally the Corps of their defene in their Title run, and fell off significantly in that aspect when he left.

I don't understand stand it being a Troll on Butler if people think he banged some weird Red Head from ESPN
Because Butler is supposed to be able to pull better than Rachel Nichols, especially in Miami where they have pretty hot women. Look at who Spolestra is banging and he's the coach.

Jimmy can and does bag hotter.

But if Rachel is around wanting to suck your dick your probably not saying no

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back