Nate: Skipping one dinner will get me to 170-lbs at this point

And you don't think that's a little dishonorable? McGregor could've set the fight at 155 too, but the agreement was to replicate the first fight - which was two light weight fighters agreeing to skip the weight cut. Now Diaz is taking advantage of that to blow up to proper Welter Weight size, no longer making it a replication of the first fight. It's just a dirty move.

Nate asked for 155. Conor and Dana picked the weight class. Nate is doing nothing wrong as long as he makes weight. There was no gentleman's agreement in place regarding fight night weight. It is what it is.

We will have to agree to disagree on this one.

And if you look into this a little deeper it is actually Dana who picked 170 so blame him. Conor had eventually conceded to his team's wishes and agreed on 155 as well.

Last edited:
so he's 800 cals away from 170
sounds legit

Yeah... that's not what he said.

Food and water actually have mass. They have a weight while they sit in your gut. You pack 2 or 3 lbs of food in you stomach and it will add 2 or 3 lbs to your weight on the scale, even if that food contains virtually 0 calories.

And you don't think that's a little dishonorable? McGregor could've set the fight at 155 too, but the agreement was to replicate the first fight - which was two light weight fighters agreeing to skip the weight cut. Now Diaz is taking advantage of that to blow up to proper Welter Weight size, no longer making it a replication of the first fight. It's just a dirty move.

latest

This fight is between a Natural LW vs. Natural LW. It is ridiculous Dana keeps saying that Conor jumped up 25 pounds in weight. If Conor faced a legitimate WW in Wonderboy/Condit/Lawler/Woodley, then Dana and Conor could use that weight excuse. Conor would get destroyed by a real WW. Now a LW will take him out again on Saturday.

It's so fucking funny that he hit him five times. My god, Conor ate so much of his trash talk in that fight. Panic wrestler, count to five, other stuff I'm not remembering. Shit like that almost makes me believe karma is a real, measurable thing, haha.

Dirty move? Since when making the agreed weight is a dirty move? Jesus Christ. I thought even Conor fans had limits. This is ridiculous even to their standards.

Honestly judging from the recent pics, there's no way in hell he's right at 170lbs. Looks at the very least 180lbs.

Dirty move? Since when making the agreed weight is a dirty move? Jesus Christ. I thought even Conor fans had limits. This is ridiculous even to their standards.
They intentionally made it a no weight cut fight by setting the weight limit close to their current weights, so things were fair. One fighter abusing the no weight cut agreement to make himself as heavy as possible so that he can go through a weight cut when his opponent is not is a dirty move. He'll literally be a weight class above McGregor for this fight. How can you even argue that that is not the case?

They intentionally made it a no weight cut fight by setting the weight limit close to their current weights, so things were fair. One fighter abusing the no weight cut agreement to make himself as heavy as possible so that he can go through a weight cut when his opponent is not is a dirty move. He'll literally be a weight class above McGregor for this fight. How can you even argue that that is not the case?

Are you aware that it was McGregor who proposed a 170lbs fight both times? If he didn't want a 170 lbs fight, he shouldn't have asked for one. Last time McGregor was the heavier man in the cage anyways.

Last edited:

There was never a "no weight cut agreement". I don't know where you are getting this from. The only agreement is that they both weigh in at no more than 171.

I'm disappointed, I thought he was around the tree fiddy range.

Nate has never missed weight before at LW or WW, so I am sure he will be fine.

That guy wasn't actually Nate's boxing coach. That was misinformation. Look it up.

Yeah, this whole " His boxing coach said " thing is TMZ like levels of journalism.

I could claim to be Nate BJJ coach and that he is 300lbs and those "facebook feed news sites " would "report it trying to rack up ciicks..

look at him in recent pics and vids, that's not a 170 lbs guy

Yes that is a 170 freedom weights guy. He is just tall and lanky and you get the ilussion he is thicker. Put him next to Lawler who is shorter and he ll look like a lightweight.

Back