Nate should've saw this coming.

Nate couldn't see a bus coming if he was standing in the middle of the road with a timetable and a pair of binoculars

What I find so annoying about fans is that fight was one of the best of all time in the UFC. But instead of talking about how great the fight was, people just want to argue about who won?
Probably the best fight owing to the back story, the hype and how it played out and delivered. When events are that highly hyped, they rarely last a round, sometimes only go 13 seconds, at other times just suck (i.e. DC Jones 1/MayPac) and at other times end in controversial manners (i.e. DC JJ 2 - shit boxing decisions). Rarely do you get a five round back and fourth stand up war that sold near 2 mill PPV.

All Nate has to do is not die within the next year and him and McGregor will fight again win or lose.

Probably the best fight owing to the back story, the hype and how it played out and delivered. When events are that highly hyped, they rarely last a round, sometimes only go 13 seconds, at other times just suck (i.e. DC Jones 1/MayPac) and at other times end in controversial manners (i.e. DC JJ 2 - shit boxing decisions). Rarely do you get a five round back and fourth stand up war that sold near 2 mill PPV.

Agreed. With the hype, the story, the event, that to me might be the best fight of all time in the UFC.

i don't think people realize that nate now officially, "moves the needle". notice how the crowd reacted when the announcement came out that nate was in the building? the crowd exploded. and also when he walked out. in this business, it's all about leverage. he has leverage, and the ufc knows it. the ufc will bend if it means nate fights, because he makes the ufc money.
He's a needle mover, but the question is, is he a PPV mover. We have no idea what he can sell, and imo, it was dumb af for the UFC to not main event him. Nate vs Joe Blow sells more than probably JBJ vs Gus.

Eh people had different opinions on who won especially that it was very close. Calm down.

i don't think people realize that nate now officially, "moves the needle". notice how the crowd reacted when the announcement came out that nate was in the building? the crowd exploded. and also when he walked out. in this business, it's all about leverage. he has leverage, and the ufc knows it. the ufc will bend if it means nate fights, because he makes the ufc money.

Well he is on the MSG card that is pretty much their biggest one of the year. But I would want he and Dustin in a Main Event honestly. I want 5 rounds and Nate needs 5 rounds IMO..

Yeah the more I watch it (and I've watched it a lot, it's an awesome fight just like the first one) it becomes more clear Conor won 3 rounds and Nate won 2

I just can't see a logical argument for Nate winning. It was a very close fight, in that the only reason Conor won was that 4th round where he caught a second wind and picked up a round against the flow of the fight but Conor clearly won in the end

The only controversial thing was Diaz not finishing the fight when he had the chance, but he had millions of reasons for that.

If he had finished Conor again, Conor's stock would have tanked and there wouldn't have been much chance of a third fight with the golden goose.

He's probably pissed because he thought the trilogy would have happened by now, and he's been waiting all this time not taking any fights that might take his shine away. He's probably thinking he should have just gone ahead and finished Conor and moved on.

Well he is on the MSG card that is pretty much their biggest one of the year. But I would want he and Dustin in a Main Event honestly. I want 5 rounds and Nate needs 5 rounds IMO..

i agree. based on the other fighters who get main event slots, nate definitely warrants it. and yes, five rounds is definitely better for nate. poirier seemed to want that as well. a better chance for there being an, "epic war".

Other fans? Hell sherdoggers were arguing about it for weeks.
Fans wtf I thought you meant media members or someone credible. Most sherdogger are trolls.

Anyone with any understanding of MMA judging and semblance of intelligence knows Conor won 1, 2 and 4.

Simple. No controversy.

I guess having a kid brought him to his sense. So much for 20 million. haha

Everybody had a different opinion on who won. It was a close fight.
This is the reason I pay no heed to everyones opinions on who wins a fight.
I remember in school I'd get in some punch up with another boy. The fight would be broken up with no end to it.
Everyone who was friends with my opponent would say he won.
Everyone who was my friend sided with me saying I won.
Same with fighting sports.
So, disregard everyones opinions on who they thought won. The ref and the scorecards give some finality, even if the scorecards are shocking in some respects.

The only controversial thing was Diaz not finishing the fight when he had the chance, but he had millions of reasons for that.

If he had finished Conor again, Conor's stock would have tanked and there wouldn't have been much chance of a third fight with the golden goose.

He's probably pissed because he thought the trilogy would have happened by now, and he's been waiting all this time not taking any fights that might take his shine away. He's probably thinking he should have just gone ahead and finished Conor and moved on.

Trolls are getting better and better these days. I almost bit...

Trolls are getting better and better these days. I almost bit...

tenor.gif

Fans wtf I thought you meant media members or someone credible. Most sherdogger are trolls.

Anyone with any understanding of MMA judging and semblance of intelligence knows Conor won 1, 2 and 4.

Simple. No controversy.

Alright man

The Diaz Brothers are just ridiculous. When Dustin took this fight so quickly, most assumed that was the final sign that Conor/Khabib was done. So Nate had to know. To act like he didn't know is him just trolling and lying. If Dustin knew, so did Nate.

I'm not sure this is the issue.

I suspect Dana is giving out a PPV share to Nate and he let it believe Conor is on the card to main event NY so the card will do good business. Then Nate went bananas when he realized it's on another card. What you think about this theory ? (or just Nate salty and drama to squeeze a little extra)

I got it, it just doesn't apply to that fight

I guess I'm weird here.. cause I had that fight for Nate or a draw.. I didn't see Conor like the clear winner.. can't refuse the fight and run around at the end and start saying you won the fight, he started really good and finished poorly, I can't give him 3 rounds.

Dana's just confirmed that GSP is the alternate and is in training for this fight if either Khabib or Conor drop out due to injury. So you need to drop the Nate fill-in fantasy.

I guess I'm weird here.. cause I had that fight for Nate or a draw.. I didn't see Conor like the clear winner.. can't refuse the fight and run around at the end and start saying you won the fight, he started really good and finished poorly, I can't give him 3 rounds.

What 3 rounds did he lose though? That's the issue with scoring it for Nate. If you're scoring it Pride style and want to say he won the feel of the fight, that's fine, I don't agree, but I could get on board with that. It makes sense to me that people would see it that way and imo is pretty fair. But if you look at it round by round scoring it for Nate just becomes unfeasible imo. He got dropped and outstruck in both of the first two and got outstruck pretty handily in the 4th in spite of Conor running and Nate taunting him a bunch. His leg was pretty badly compromised at that point and instead of chasing Conor down like he did in the third he just limped after him talking shit with Conor dictating and winning the exchanges.

Every round of the fight has a clear winner and a clear loser and 3 of the rounds are Conor's. You can give Nate the 3rd as a 10-8 if you're liberal with 10-8s but then if you're being fair you kind of also have to give Conor a 10-8 in the round he almost KO'd Nate

Back