Nate should've saw this coming.

They matched him with Poirier on purpose

So if he wins and Conor wins they can justify the trilogy fight after

Two big ifs though as both he and Conor will be underdogs
Rubber match is usually enough justification, especially since they were both ridiculously exciting fights.

What 3 rounds did he lose though? That's the issue with scoring it for Nate. If you're scoring it Pride style and want to say he won the feel of the fight, that's fine, I don't agree, but I could get on board with that. It makes sense to me that people would see it that way and imo is pretty fair. But if you look at it round by round scoring it for Nate just becomes unfeasible imo. He got dropped and outstruck in both of the first two and got outstruck pretty handily in the 4th in spite of Conor running and Nate taunting him a bunch. His leg was pretty badly compromised at that point and instead of chasing Conor down like he did in the third he just limped after him talking shit with Conor dictating and winning the exchanges.

Every round of the fight has a clear winner and a clear loser and 3 of the rounds are Conor's. You can give Nate the 3rd as a 10-8 if you're liberal with 10-8s but then if you're being fair you kind of also have to give Conor a 10-8 in the round he almost KO'd Nate

Nope using the rules we had in place at that time, no pride rules, no new 10-8's and 10-7's that we have now just old rules.

I had it 1,2 for Conor and 3,4,5 for Nate or I could concede to a 10-10 in the 4th.. resulting in a draw. Didn't like what I saw near the end there, Conor avoiding the fight and looking tired.

I got no problem with others that give the nod in 3 rounds for Conor cool do that but in the same time don't be surprise if I saw it going the other way or at the very least a draw.

Nate isn't this super hard fight either, you have so many options to take him out: leg kicks, wrestling, clinching.. this is why them Diaz bros can't win any belts they get exploited in those weak areas they have.. they are really good even elite but that's their max top 3-6 depending on matchups any solid elite well rounded fighters should find a way to decision them.

Last edited:
I thought Nate wanted another fight with Conor?

He's given probably his easiest match up at 155 in Porier.

If he wins he's almost guaranteed a shot.

I don't get why he's upset.

I thought Nate wanted another fight with Conor?

He's given probably his easiest match up at 155 in Porier.

If he wins he's almost guaranteed a shot.

I don't get why he's upset.

Cause he only wants Conor. Trying to get another fat check. He thinks the UFC was gonna grant him another fight with Conor the minute he got back but that didn't happen.

Cause he only wants Conor. Trying to get another fat check. He thinks the UFC was gonna grant him another fight with Conor the minute he got back but that didn't happen.

But I'm assuming he accepted the Porier fight? lol

Long time fan of the Diaz brothers they are my favorite fighters, but I’m starting to feel like a Trump supporter lol It’s getting harder and harder to like them all they do is complain and say delusional things which is all fine when they were down to fight anyone and always stayed active.

Assuming he will win and Conor would wait for him so they can fight again.

<{cruzshake}>

I don't know why he'd assume that.

The thing is, he could probably fight Conor regardless of if Conor wins of loses.

If Conor wins, Nate gets to fight for the belt

If Conor loses to Khabib, he still gets a big pay day

I think Nate just threw a tantrum because they promoted Conor at the end of "his" presser.

Shows up 40 minutes late and cries when the conor fight is announced. Never seen such a tough mother f”er in the cage such a whiny bitch outside it
Him and Nick are not the same it’s sad I love those guys, but I don’t see this ending well for them. Usually you want fighters to leave the game after awhile but they both need to fight regularly again they’d make serious cash and they be happier. They need fighting and fighting needs them.

Him and Nick are not the same it’s sad I love those guys, but I don’t see this ending well for them. Usually you want fighters to leave the game after awhile but they both need to fight regularly again they’d make serious cash and they be happier. They need fighting and fighting needs them.

These boys use to just fight for the hell of it. Money changed that.

<{cruzshake}>

I don't know why he'd assume that.

The thing is, he could probably fight Conor regardless of if Conor wins of loses.

If Conor wins, Nate gets to fight for the belt

If Conor loses to Khabib, he still gets a big pay day

I think Nate just threw a tantrum because they promoted Conor at the end of "his" presser.
He also complained about being under promoted after taking two years off and giving short sentence answers to every question.

Nate just need to focus on fighting fuck money fuck promotion fuck being jealous of Conor. He needs to do what he was born to do and fight that’s how he expresses and promotes himself.

What a whiny baby. Act like a man and not a teenage girl who wants attention.

I don't know why he asking for all these demands and holding on to that Conor win when he lost the 2nd fight (controversial decision which I don't agree with) which is why the UFC and Conor was able to move on. While he was too busy waiting, Conor got a gifted title shot, won, did the boxing thing even though he lost and now fighting a nightmare match with an undefeated champion (Khabib).

He said so himself that the UFC don't give a fuck about him and yet he is still trying to use leverage with that Conor win when they don't care because of the 2nd fight. Why don't he get that?

Because Nate whooped Conor the first time and knew he could, made millions the second fight and even was a guest on Conan while also being interviewed by several major networks. When that happens, a fighter tastes the spoils of war and tend to overestimate their drawing power.

I love Nate, but without a dance partner, he can’t carry a PPV event alone.

These boys use to just fight for the hell of it. Money changed that.
You’re right, Conor gets slot of hate but imagine if they had his level of wealth it’d be 1000x worse. Conor is motivated by money of course but you can still tell be the best and winning is his #1 source of motivation. You have to respect that man, most unique athlete of my generation.

I got it, it just doesn't apply to that fight
It´s your choice, mine is simple:I dont give rounds to someone who´s constantly runnin´away & lookin´at the clock. You want out? Just leave the cage/ring.

Because Nate whooped Conor the first time and knew he could, made millions the second fight and even was a guest on Conan while also being interviewed by several major networks. When that happens, a fighter tastes the spoils of war and tend to overestimate their drawing power.

I love Nate, but without a dance partner, he can’t carry a PPV event alone.
tenor.gif

Rounds 1 & 2 go to Conor easily due to the knockdowns (no Nate's flurry of mostly missed shots at the end of the 2nd does not trump 2 knockdowns… if anything that final flurry stopped round 2 from being a 10 - 8 for Conor)

3 & 5 go to Nate...

Round 4 is the only round in question, so I watched it in Slow motion while taking notes & pausing & rewinding as needed (took forever) so that I would know exactly what happened. I also watched round 4 many times in full speed.

Conor not only out struck Nate overall in round 4... he landed 13… "power" shots (to Nate's 3 power shots) & Conor wobbled Nate twice... with one of his leg kicks & another with a rib kick.

Outside of Nate's few power shots, he mostly landed glancing shots & like 10 very light "hits" while in the clinch. Even if I generously count the pitty pat shots Nate threw a lot of in the clinch... Mac still landed more shots overall as well as the stronger shots.

All Nate did waz hold him against the fence for 1 minute without capitalizing on anything. You cannot score that higher than Mac wobbling Nate twice & also landing 10 more power shots. It's not even close.

1,2 & 4 for Mac.

Nate should have seen it coming. The UFC should have seen his response coming.

A Diaz brother claims they won a fight that they didn't. Shocker.

Dude's comical.

Turns up late like anyone gives a fuck.

Everyone was tuning in to see if McGregor-Khabib got announced or were there no one could care any less if Nate was there or not.

Back