Nate rolling with a legit black belt

conorgoat

KOfinger is my little bitch
@purple
Reaction score
That guy...damn high level grappling right here buddies. Who is that blonde goy, anyone?

So many beautiful transitions, both these guys are beasts.

Both would make Conor cry uncle on the ground.

Flow rolling (i.e. neither guy is resisting much and they are letting transitions happen etc). Cool to watch though.

You guys realize they are just flowing with zero force?

I can't take grappling with a Gi seriously.
You should. I used to feel the same way til I started training in one. While it's far different from MMA, gi grappling is as close as it gets to a street confrontation. Very useful when it comes to that.

I can't take grappling with a Gi seriously.

Why? People wear jackets and pants so it's pretty practical from self-defense point of view.

Although I must admit that personally I find rolling and watching no-gi more enjoyable.

Why? People wear jackets and pants so it's pretty practical from self-defense point of view.
Yup. It has helped me in the couple of "confrontations" I have had. Like you said a jacket or long sleeve and pants is quite close to a gi. Training in a gi teaches you about grips and hand holds. Very practical.

Yup. It has helped me in the couple of "confrontations" I have had. Like you said a jacket or long sleeve and pants is quite close to a gi. Training in a gi teaches you about grips and hand holds. Very practical.

Yeah, I've trained no gi a lot more than gi jiu jitsu and it was super frustrating at first how your opponent can neutralize you with good grips on sleeves and collar.

mcgregor-668x668.jpg

I don't know much about BJJ sparring, but is that just a drill? Seems like there was zero commitment and anything they were doing.

Yeah, I've trained no gi a lot more than gi jiu jitsu and it was super frustrating at first how your opponent can neutralize you with good grips on sleeves and collar.
Same. I started in no gi, I have only been rolling in a gi about 3 years. But you're right, the grip fighting is an art onto itself.

If you want to be proficient at rolling with a gi, you have got to learn to defeat your opponents grips. It's that simple.

I don't know much about BJJ sparring, but is that just a drill? Seems like there was zero commitment and anything they were doing.
Basically yes. They are just flowing. That allows you to drill position and technique, as well as allow you to transition naturally.

lol, you have never done bjj

I did years ago. I was a lot better without the Gi. I would wreck certain fools in no-gi, then get tapped out by some bitch using their/my clothes against me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back