Nate Marquardt wants winner of GSP-Diaz or Hendricks-Ellenburger

He looked great recently but I think Rory or Condit beats him.

This....seems to crap the bed when big moments are at hand....i like Nate but think top5 beats him most nights....GSP, Hendrix, Condit, Diaz, Rory...yep I said Rory....duck....

I think Marquardt will make waves in the WW division. Always been a fan of his because he takes people out. He should fight Diaz, Koscheck or Fitch.

Anything more current? That article is from July.

He's a Jackson fighter. If I was GSP, I would seriously cut ties with them, if they want to keep lining up their fighters to challenge him. How does a normal conversation between GSP and Greg go? "You're like family to us Georges, and wish you the very best. So maybe for your next fight, we can help you with a gameplan, buddy. This one, we want your head on a platter."

That seems awkward

Just..I don't get it.

He's mostly training at Grudge last I heard. Jackson also recused himself from the Condit/GSP fight.

The only top WW that I would favor Nate against is Diaz. He is going to have a much rougher time of it at WW than at MW

Maia, Fitch, Condit, Hendricks, Rmac, beat 2 of those guys then GSP.

He should fight winner of Condit/Rory.

I think, rather than say "I'd never fight my friend etc" you're doing both yourself and your friend a favour in taking a big big fight against each other. Both of you can come away with higher profiles if you commit to put everything on the line. The exposure for a champ and challenger in that situation, especially if they promote the hell out of it, really is nothing but win win and bank for both parties.

If I'm champ, I'd want my friend to fight me, because I want him to have that exposure, headlining a PPV with me. We both give it our all, and celebrate together as friends once the final horn sounds. Hell. You can even make a friendly wager that loser has to pay for the vacation afterward.

Real, solid friendships aren't deterred by things like this. It's business and it's ego and it's hard work and a sometimes bloody fight to see which fighter is best that night. At the end of the day though, real friendship rises above all those things, and both fighters do themselves a disservice by not fighting each other, especially when it does nothing but help them become better (and richer).

no one cares that he's fighting Tarec Saffiedine.....smh it's gonna be a semi close fight stylistically imo and i'm right A LOT.

Nate is a beast at 170. As an mma fan, I'd like to see all of those fights.

I'd pick Nate against almost anybody at WW. Even gsp

I'd pick Nate against almost anybody at WW. Even gsp

then you are insane. He was just in a shoot out with Tyron Woodley. Sure Woodley has underrated striking defense but Nate isn't an elite striker. He puts together some amazing combos but people constantly overlook great offensive fighters defensive flaws.

Not that it matters as he's not getting a title shot and if Hendricks wins he deserves a title shot.

I dont think Condit can stop Nate from getting his hands on him, and when Nate gets him to the ground he's staying there. I don't see Condit sweeping him and he def. isnt subbing him. Nate has a good, smart ground game.

Condit is a much better technical striker and is very good with his footwork, staying outof range, and using his combos at the range he's comfortable with. He also varies up his strikes perhaps as well as pretty much any WW in the world. Also Condit has a fuckin beard as good as anyone, so even if Nate does get his hands on him, it's not like he can't take a shot...Nate would need to get on the inside but Condit could make that tough with his footwork. Marquart is no where as close to as quick at closing distance as GSP to get inside whenever he wants. His takedowns are not on GSP's level and his ground game overall isn't any better than GSP's, it is actually sub par to GSP's, so I don't really see any thing Nate brings that Condit can't handle.

The up coming fight with Saffiedine will show Nate isn't as good as people think he is.

Last edited:
Back