Nate Marquardt wants winner of GSP-Diaz or Hendricks-Ellenburger

I think he'd smash Condit.

He might have a little bit of trouble with some of the elite wrestlers of the division.

Winner of Rory/Condit imo

Hendricks deserves the next shot

Agreed. I think Nate will do well at welterweight, but he can't come over and get an immediate title shot. Then the UFC would take a lot of heat for not giving other Strikeforce champs title shots immediately.

Sorry, who the fuck has he beat in the UFC at 170. Nate needs to get in line. He also needs to worry about Saffiedine because he could seriously end up getting his ass beat in that fight.

Watch Hendricks blast Ellenberger, only to see Marquardt get the title shot before him.

"Dana White: Nate Marquardt is the number two welterweight in the world, he is the Strikeforce champion and people want to see this fight!"

Poor Johny.

I don't like Nate's story very much . . . It'd be hard for me to feel like his wins at WW were legit . . . That said, he's an instant contender for sure.

I think he'd smash Condit.

He might have a little bit of trouble with some of the elite wrestlers of the division.

A blanket like Woodley almost knocked Nate out with below average stand up. I don't see how Nate would smash Condit in anything. Condit is a way better overall striker and his guard and ability to defend on the ground is exceptional.

He looked great recently but I think Rory or Condit beats him.

Didn't he almost get KO'd? I wouldn't say that looks great...but I guess whats considered great varies from person to person.

I think Nate would beat all of those guys aside from GSP.

considering how spectacular he looked in his beatdown of woodley, i'd say he had a pretty decent shot at GSP as well. i'd like to see him beat a few more guys at 170 first, so we know he can consistently make the weight and look good.

but he's an absolute monster at welterweight and could easily make a title run.

he is undeserving of a title or fight for #1 spot match.

he hasnt justified himself as a top five prospect in the division within the UFC.

and just becoming strikeforce champion in a lackluster performance does not give you entitlement.

What do you guys think of Marquardt at welterweight? He looked pretty awesome against Woodley and he looks HUGE at the weight. I think he could be a contender when he comes over from Strikeforce.

link - Nate Marquardt wants winner of St. Pierre-Diaz or Hendricks-Ellenberger next

Great post TS, in fact best white belt thread I've read in ages

I'd like him to have a big fight at 170 before he gets a contender/champ fight. There have been people queing for a bit. But I'd like to see him fight any of the above mentioned people, with a possible fight with GSP/Champ (if he goes on a tear)at the end of 2013/14.

My ideal fight for him would be GSP/Diaz loser or Condit/Rory winner. I think Fitch would be interesting as well (no one has ever said that sentence before).

Last edited:
Nate says he wants to fight at UFC 158, Erik Silva said he wants to fight in March. Marquardt vs Silva? the UFC tends to match UFC newcomers with a fighter that lost their last fight. Is Nate too much of a jump for Silva?

I say he gets the winner of Rory Condit for the next shot if Hendrix beats Ellenburger.
If Hendrix loses, I say give him the winner of GSP-Diaz. Marquardt at WW is very interesting.

I agree assuming a Hendricks win. If Ellenberger wins, I think Nate is deserving enough.

But if Hendricks wins, I love your idea of Nate vs. Rory/Condit winner. Either of those fights would be amazing.

Agreed. And then the winner of that can get the next next title shot

Nate says he wants to fight at UFC 158, Erik Silva said he wants to fight in March. Marquardt vs Silva? the UFC tends to match UFC newcomers with a fighter that lost their last fight. Is Nate too much of a jump for Silva?

Interesting. Hadn't thought about that but I like that match up. Esilva had a good fight against fitch. I know nate trains with gsp and rory so I tend to favor fights that are not buddy buddy match ups.

so hes back in the ufc? i thought he was out for life-

Back