Nate Diaz's boxing coach talks about Nate having a full camp for 2nd fight with McGregor.

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
"See, people are talking about McGregor, but what about Nathan? He's got a training camp too, so why are they making McGregor look like he's going to be better when he already got whooped in eight days? They can't see that Nathan is going to be in better shape, you know, have better tools? No, that's wrong. But that's the media, that's what they do."

"The way I see it is that Nathan is going to get the win. I feel that Nathan's going to be better and I feel that McGregor is going to be in trouble. Because from eight days to a full training camp is totally different from Nathan. He's going to come out a lot sharper, faster, quicker and he's going to have more energy. McGregor's going to have the same thing he had the last time. He trained hard for the last fight before Dos Anjos got hurt, so he was already training. No matter if it was a tall guy, short guy, he was still training to fight. Nathan wasn't. So that tells you a lot. That tells me a lot. He's fighting a guy that's a lot better than him, a lot stronger than him. So that's what I don't understand why people are favouring McGregor."

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/8/8...coach-interview-training-camp-boxing-mma-news

wait....is he backing his own guy? shocking

Full camp Nate should be on-point.

This rematch is going to be fun.

rockhold fought like a complete dumbass. most likely nate won't underrate connie. I hope so

Not saying Connie will KO Nate, but you can't dismiss the chance of Conor winning a decision. It's there & we already got enough evidence about MMA being unpredictable sports, So this possibility should always be in our consideration.

People said the same thing about Rockhold- Bisping 2.

I'm a Diaz fan, but I'd like for Conor to win this time so we can see INSANE AMOUNTS of trash talk for the third fight :)

But Rockhold Bisping was a different animal. Both guys are in the same weight class, and Rockhold wasn't on his vacation the first time they fought.

Nate is just bigger and has better cardio. And this time he has a training camp as well.

Unless Nate feels generous and allows for a trilogy I don't see Conor winning.

What reasonable human is favoring Connie in the rematch? This is going to be a beatdown.
all the hespect to Mr. Perez but he has that boxing mentality this is an MMA match i know he won't steer Nate wrong and i hope Nick,Schilling,Shields or Kron won't steer him wrong. Conor is still dangerous. anyone counting him out is just as stupid as the people who counted Nate out in the first fight. anything can happen just root for your guy and hope for the best. Nate is not taking him lightly but i don't think he's training as hard or as focused as he should with all the media shit. I am just as nervous for Nate as i was the first fight, his fight with Johnson, his fight with RDA, his fight with Cerrone,Benson and Guillard. but somehow he rises to the occasion. my loyalty lies with Nate but he has a tough fight ahead of him.

Not saying Connie will KO Nate, but you can't dismiss the chance of Conor winning a decision. It's there & we already got enough evidence about MMA being unpredictable sports, So this possibility should always be in our consideration.
that's how i feel about MMA i just root for my guy (Nate) and just hope he gets some Stockton slaps in and gives Conor a fight.

decision is the least likely outcome. oh, barring a connie sub. can't see both happening
there is not a possibility that connie cant outcardio nate. while maybe he can employ a good kicking game and make him more stationary and and easier fighter to beat going into the rounds, nate can check a kick how we have seen against johnson

I can't wait to see Conor gameplan this time around.

I believe he wil fight like Condit Vs Nick to try to win a decision...

i think no camp Nate (Stamina plus iron chin) is better than full camp Nate with lots of pressure and expectation, it'll be an interesting fight.

"See, people are talking about McGregor, but what about Nathan? He's got a training camp too, so why are they making McGregor look like he's going to be better when he already got whooped in eight days? They can't see that Nathan is going to be in better shape, you know, have better tools? No, that's wrong. But that's the media, that's what they do."

"The way I see it is that Nathan is going to get the win. I feel that Nathan's going to be better and I feel that McGregor is going to be in trouble. Because from eight days to a full training camp is totally different from Nathan. He's going to come out a lot sharper, faster, quicker and he's going to have more energy. McGregor's going to have the same thing he had the last time. He trained hard for the last fight before Dos Anjos got hurt, so he was already training. No matter if it was a tall guy, short guy, he was still training to fight. Nathan wasn't. So that tells you a lot. That tells me a lot. He's fighting a guy that's a lot better than him, a lot stronger than him. So that's what I don't understand why people are favouring McGregor."

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/8/8...coach-interview-training-camp-boxing-mma-news

What a load of bullshit. He's underestimating Conor already. That's a bad sign.

This would be even worse than him panic wrestling.

Natural Born Runner v2?

This guy fails to understand that conor was training for a 155lb fight. Not a 170lb fight. 15lbs, when it comes to lean fighters makes a huge huge difference. If people don't think adding that kinda weight in that short amount of time isn't going to affect certain things. they are pure haters or delusional, take your pick.

Well Conor said this a few days ago

"This time, I'm still going to march forward, I'm still going to press him, I'm still going to bust him. There's just going to be a lot more in my tank. I'm just going to be a lot more prepared for a man who can stay in there with me, but even still, I struggle to give him past round three. If I was to make a prediction, which I will right now, I believe I will repay the favor and KO him inside the second round."

Conor has no intention to escape or run in circles around Nate. He will pressure him against the fence and put some clean shots on Nate's chin. That's the way i see this rematch going

What reasonable human is favoring Connie in the rematch? This is going to be a beatdown.

If you honestly believe this fight isn't going to be extremely competitive, you're delusional or an idiot..

What a load of bullshit. He's underestimating Conor already. That's a bad sign.

Guys still thinking short camp or full camp makes any bit of difference. Tell rockhold how short camp bisping is going to be a pushover. haha When will people learn, that short camps can often times be very beneficial for a fighter, and they can actually perform better. Now obviously this is not always the case but many times it can be.

Back