News Nate Diaz vs Jorge Masvidal 2 in the works... boxing match

Who wins if they box?

• Total voters
This is what confirms the false news, why would they allow Masvidal to go make someone else money? Fighting Nate Diaz to begin with, they could easily make this fight happen in the UFC, easy.

"Confirms the false news" Lol not at all. UFC has been known to give permission to those they are on good terms with. For those not aware, UFC has to allow their retired fighters the ability to fight elsewhere (at least within a few years of their retirement) when the fighter retires with fights still left on their contract.

Obviously UFC doesn't want to rock the boat with Nate Diaz too much so it makes sense they'd allow Masvidal to go fight him. Also UFC had to sign off on Chad Mendes going off to fight in BKFC.

On the other hand, they stopped GSP from doing that boxing exhibition match with Oscar De La Hoya.

to stop the exodus to boxing the ufc have decided to take a cut, probably for the best

Nate wins, Jorge doesn't have the cardio or the finishing power

Nate enters the punching bag part of his career. Actually did since like 3 fights ago.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Lets put teh BMF belt on teh line yeah!!!

I wonder if they're going to do their own promotion. Most likely... but I wouldn't mind seeing a boxing match in teh UFC cage. (lol)

I don't typically enjoy watching "beyond prime" fighters return to combat, but in this case I'm interested because I felt like something was off with Nate when they fought for teh BMF belt. Even Nate's cardio gave out & that's a huge red flag.

"Confirms the false news" Lol not at all. UFC has been known to give permission to those they are on good terms with. For those not aware, UFC has to allow their retired fighters the ability to fight elsewhere (at least within a few years of their retirement) when the fighter retires with fights still left on their contract.

Obviously UFC doesn't want to rock the boat with Nate Diaz too much so it makes sense they'd allow Masvidal to go fight him. Also UFC had to sign off on Chad Mendes going off to fight in BKFC.

On the other hand, they stopped GSP from doing that boxing exhibition match with Oscar De La Hoya.
Considering Nate Diaz is another MMA guy that very well could return to the UFC (Conor trilogy) and Masvidal was still PPV co-main in his last fight i would´ve expected similar threatment from the UFC if this particular rematch were to happen, so this would happen on his own promotion similar to Roy Jones Jr vs Anthony Pettis?

I know they have allowed fighters to fight in other places when retired, but Masvidal was still a decent name.

Well, alrighty then......I mean, I'll probably watch on a second monitor if I'm awake at the time, not gonna lie :D

Sounds kind of fun actually. Masvidal's advantage in MMA I think was partly owing to his greater completeness, kicking, physicality, so I could see Nate having a shot here. Prefer this to young kids smashing either of them.

He isn't as washed as Nate. Jorge had at least some competitive fights in the 4 fight losing streak. Nate is not there for his fights and he looks out of shape. That stuff he does in the middle of the fight isn't showboating. He is just trying to catch his breath.

Nate stunning current WW champ Edwards 2 years ago is more impressive than anything Masvidal has done since 2019. Burns is 37 and also past his best days, and Masvidal could do nothing to him.

They're both washed. Best to leave it at that.

Glad both guys are getting a pay day I guess, but kind of a completely meaningless fight. Both of them are slow, old, and shop worn.

they will learn that they are not a draw without the UFC hype machine... this will do dismal numbers.

Nate stunning current WW champ Edwards 2 years ago is more impressive than anything Masvidal has done since 2019. Burns is 37 and also past his best days, and Masvidal could do nothing to him.

They're both washed. Best to leave it at that.
Oh stop it. Nate did nothing for the Leon fight outside of that punch. He was getting embarrassed in almost every facet of the game.

Oh stop it. Nate did nothing for the Leon fight outside of that punch. He was getting embarrassed in almost every facet of the game.
LOL at "oh stop it." Masvidal has done nothing noteworthy against his last 4 opponents either. They're both washed and Mas is older than Nate. The End.

Back