Media Nate Diaz posts "it's time" hours after Dana made UFC 300 fight announcements

Who do you think booked Nate vs Khamzat in the first place? The tooth fairy?
UFC did. Standard MO to execute a fighter on his way out to hurt his drawing power.

UFC reversed course when they saw all fan sentiment and media sentiment was pointing out it was an execution and bullshit and it became a PR disaster for them that turned Nate into a martyr against the company. So they engineered a Khamzat "weight miss" that made no sense (no fighter on Earth would NOT be way over the limit after being ordered to rehydrate), and an alternate fight that made no sense: to justify Khamzat vs Kevin they said the worst brawl, most violent in UFC history happened with Khamzat vs Kevin that involved half the fighters at the event yet not a single photo, video in an area saturated with cell phones and video cameras, not a single injury or single scratch to back that up. Tony, who mysteriously and inexplicably was fighting for the first and only time at WW in ages beforehand, was conveniently there to fight Nate at WW. Li, mysteriously the person with the least drawing power on the main card was the only person fucked over to weigh in at 170 but fight someone who is 180. Kevin inexplicably fighting beforehand at 180 at an imaginary weight vs the guy Li ended up fighting at that imaginary weight, coveniently fought Khamzat at same imaginary weight (180). What a save UFC! Definitely not pre-planned! Praise be to UFC! Boo Khamzat!

You know the rest. One of their biggest prospects (Khamzat) has been hated ever since and UFC took zero flak for the entire event. Drunken UFC fans don't pick up anything, continue to praise a company that sees them as morons (with justification).

Conor Nate trilogy?

<{natewhut}>{<Mcgoat}
This trilogy is like a UFC savings bond (or something better; I don't know shit about finance) waiting to mature. You know they have never abandoned that idea.

Is he the main event with ppv points, I'm intrigued to know why he choose the ufc over 10 mils to get bent by Jake in MMA

Nate Vs Conor. Chandler deserves compesation. Give Chandler half a mil to fight someone on that card

Conor v Nate trilogy at 170 is probably the most sensible thing for the UFC to do to squeeze maximum value out of McGregor at this stage.

It's a winnable fight that will do big numbers and provide them with cover to catapult McGregor into a WW title fight for one more big hit before he gets into the territory of seriously washed and buys start to decline. Dana's ideal world would probably be Islam winning the belt at WW so they can make that fight.

Chandler getting totally shafted in all this would be kind of funny in a sad way.
agree.

UFC knows that Chandler very likely to squash McG and that will not be good for milking max dollars from the little Irishman's final sad run.

Nate Diaz IS a more competitive fight for little Irishman and if he wins then UFC can milk some more $$ from some other fight. They won't mind paying Nate a few million (quite a LOT I'd imagine) and they know Nate isn't gonna leg-kick McG and he can be, ahh, encouraged to not take it to the mat. So.... Nate vs McG I can see happening, sometime in 2024.
So Mr Chandler once again is the bridesmaid, never the bride. Oh well.

Last edited:
Who do you think booked Nate vs Khamzat in the first place? The tooth fairy?

Dana. The fight booking shined light on Khamzat who is a rising superstar. This allowed everyone to do big ppv buys, only to change two fights up at the last minute. And they were good fights, so not many complained.

4d chess bro, you're a few steps behind. You're still in 3d.

Yeah, all the washed fighters fighting get me so excited, not.
For real, such a shame cuz at one point I really did want to see that trilogy but it's been nearly 8 fucking years since the second fight.
It's not even interesting to me anymore, both are old and way past it. Nate especially, dude has looked terrible in his last few.

Conor Nate trilogy?

<{natewhut}>{<Mcgoat}
Not a fan of either guy but it's going to be good, clean fun watching two guys with careers that are inconsequential to no weight class' title picture duke it out and pretend they're somehow relevant championship-wise.
Totally harmless carnival ride this will be.
Let's go!

lol imagine if conor justt says fuck the chandler fight.
I wouldn't be surprised as it sounds like that's been his plan for a while. He will get his ass kicked pretty badly at this point in their careers.

This would get me the most hype:

Jones vs Lesnar
Khabib vs GSP
Nate vs Conor 3

Back