Media Nate Diaz pocketed a $250,000 disclosed payday at #UFC263 (not including any bonuses and PPV points)

Cool we least got partial numbers with an accurate base.

Far, far better than whatever fucky math they were using before...

I'm not a fighter salary guy but I do want to see MMA and fighters succeed (outside the UFC as well). So many fighters vie for those contracts. Can't see the UFC or any secondary org down the line changing their ways much.

Here we go again. Everyone knows Diaz is not fighting for 250k. No matter how many stars will tell you disclosed is not anywhere near how much they make people will still believe that is all they are making. I mean GSP just told you this within the last week. Jones said he got paid 5mil+ for a fight he had 500k disclosed. The UFC would rather take the PR hit for disclosed pay than reveal the actual pay so all this is on them.

You realize the pay has been disclosed, to the penny, as a result of the class action litigation?

The UFC has been paying an average of ~18% of revenue to fighters. That includes every single penny spent: bonuses, PPV points, even the cost of running the Performance Institute and the insurance policy.

Diaz is grossly under paid, its just that he is one of the less underpaid guys. These fighters are exchanging brain damage for table scraps.

Nice1 @estranged good thread :) haven't seen any numbers for a while after the PPVs so that was an interesting read!

Nate deserved that money!

Meanwhile, over in the NBA, Theo Maledon, a benchwarmer for the OKC Thunder and statistically the worst NBA player in terms of plus-minus ratings, has a 3 year contract worth $5.9 million.

Here we go again. Everyone knows Diaz is not fighting for 250k. No matter how many stars will tell you disclosed is not anywhere near how much they make people will still believe that is all they are making. I mean GSP just told you this within the last week. Jones said he got paid 5mil+ for a fight he had 500k disclosed. The UFC would rather take the PR hit for disclosed pay than reveal the actual pay so all this is on them.

I’m too lazy to make a thread these days but I wanted to poll Sherdog after a Morning Kombat episode last week. Luke and BC have a long running argument that they continued for about 30 minutes.

Luke insists that no fighter has ever been paid a dollar that wasn’t recorded on the UFC’s financial ledgers. It would be illegal and could sink the whole company so they would never risk paying someone without a record of the transaction and they would rather publicize fighters making that money than ever keep it secret for any reason.

bC insists that this makes Luke one of the most naive simpletons alive.

Is side with BC.

I guarantee he made more then that Diaz seems like the type that won’t fight unless they give him money he deserve he made a fuck load more then that vs Connor wasn’t it like 5 mill

after taxes and paying trainers i wonder how much he took

How did Deiveison Figueirdo make almost as much as Nate? If just being a Champion earns you that much then no wonder we see fighters who just dive for the legs right from the start.

Just being a champion? Figueiredo was a very exciting and active champion who provided a ton of brutal finishes.

He would make a fuckton more by boxing Jake Paul.
True. But going by his previous fight with Edwards, Jake Paul would win that fight and most likely stop Nate Diaz.

Poor Leon is on a 10 fight streak and only making 30k more than Lauren Murphy on paper here. Jesus.

Yeah the Conor fight will always be out there. I think that's the fight that's going to happen
Yeah I see that being the next fight if Conor losses to Dustin. It'll either be that or Masvidal. I can see him moving to WW if he loses the trilogy fight.

True. But going by his previous fight with Edwards, Jake Paul would win that fight and most likely stop Nate Diaz.
Even if he did lose, its better to lose making millions than lose making a quarter of a million.

I’m too lazy to make a thread these days but I wanted to poll Sherdog after a Morning Kombat episode last week. Luke and BC have a long running argument that they continued for about 30 minutes.

Luke insists that no fighter has ever been paid a dollar that wasn’t recorded on the UFC’s financial ledgers. It would be illegal and could sink the whole company so they would never risk paying someone without a record of the transaction and they would rather publicize fighters making that money than ever keep it secret for any reason.

bC insists that this makes Luke one of the most naive simpletons alive.

Is side with BC.
BC is wrong. It would take one fighter with a bank statement claiming that something not recorded somewhere in the financial statements was paid to them, and the UFC would be sunk.

They don't have to disclose everything to the public after events. They do have to disclose it to he courts when called. There is also a 0% chance that Endeavor would even entertain buying a stake in the UFC if there was a hint that wads of cash were given out without being recorded in the financial statement.

It may not be labeled under fighter compensation directly under an event, but not only is it in the financial statements, it is also explained to the courts where any fighter pay is.

BC is goofy and funny and has fun takes on things, but this one is silly and him not understanding just how big of a business venture or legal matter we are talking about.

Poor Leon is on a 10 fight streak and only making 30k more than Lauren Murphy on paper here. Jesus.

Another person who didn't read the article. Those are only the show payments. Leon made $220K with the win bonus. Murphy made $140K.

Brad Riddell 4-0 in the UFC making 20k + 20k.

Movsar Evloev 5-0 in the UFC making 18k + 18k lol holy fuck.

Embarrassing sport. I thought intro contracts were typically 3 fights?

40k is just his show money

He also got a 40k win bonus, a 50k FOTN bonus, and 4,500 sponsorship pay.

He made a total 134,500 is disclosed pay and may have made additional pay in discretionary bonuses. And he has only fought once this year

I believe both Adesanya and Figueirdo got points on PPV buys, the question is at this point did Nate get points.

Buys are ESTIMATED to be around 600K.

If we go by the old points contract, it's $1.00 for every PPV sold between 200,000 and 400,000 buys, between 400,000 and 600,000 is $2.00 each and buys sold over 600,000 are $2.50 each.

Adesanya = 500,000 + (1 x 200,000) + (2 x 200,000) = $1.1M

Anyone care to correct this?

Back