Media Nate Diaz pocketed a $250,000 disclosed payday at #UFC263 (not including any bonuses and PPV points)

That will be has last paycheck of that size .. his trickle effect from Conor’s red panty night has ended .. he’s a bum level fighter who can take a beating but isn’t a top 10 fighter nor a contender . Masvidal wrecked him and edwards picked him apart.. Masvidal is a gate keeper at best while edwards , has he ever fought a top 5-7 guy ? Lol

Diaz would have certainly made the biggest paycheck on the card. Likely only Conor and Khabib make more.

I believe both Adesanya and Figueirdo got points on PPV buys, the question is at this point did Nate get points.

Buys are ESTIMATED to be around 600K.

If we go by the old points contract, it's $1.00 for every PPV sold between 200,000 and 400,000 buys, between 400,000 and 600,000 is $2.00 each and buys sold over 600,000 are $2.50 each.

Adesanya = 500,000 + (1 x 200,000) + (2 x 200,000) = $1.1M

Anyone care to correct this?

I don’t know if using the old system is accurate. Jon Jones said he was making 5 million per fight but using old system we come up with a sum around 1 million. Which was 4 million than what he admitted he was paid.

Adesanya has been pulling in bigger numbers than Jones there is no reason to think that he isn’t being paid more as well

Yeah Nate's contract is a peach. He's one of the most underrated businessmen in the fight game. He has one fight left on the contract i hope he's not waiting 1.5 years again to get in there.

Izzy and Marvin bout to buy alot of nice shit too
He won’t, I honestly believe he is gonna fight again soon to finish that contract he could easily get in one of these sideshow boxing matches for millions after that

I believe both Adesanya and Figueirdo got points on PPV buys, the question is at this point did Nate get points.

Buys are ESTIMATED to be around 600K.

If we go by the old points contract, it's $1.00 for every PPV sold between 200,000 and 400,000 buys, between 400,000 and 600,000 is $2.00 each and buys sold over 600,000 are $2.50 each.

Adesanya = 500,000 + (1 x 200,000) + (2 x 200,000) = $1.1M

Anyone care to correct this?
Nate probably got more PPV points than Adesanya because the buys are coming from Nate's value.

Adesanya still sells good, just not as good as nate.

Nate probably got more PPV points than Adesanya because the buys are coming from Nate's value.

Adesanya still sells good, just not as good as nate.

Bold claim. Do you have any facts to back that?

Adesanya is estimated to have done 700k and 800k in his last two shows

What is the most Nate has done without Conor’s help!

Bold claim. Do you have any facts to back that?

Adesanya is estimated to have done 700k and 800k in his last two shows

What is the most Nate has done without Conor’s help!
Whatever Masvidal vs Nate did.

I don't have any facts - I'm just speculating. Nate's popularity is more than Israel's is.

Even if he did lose, its better to lose making millions than lose making a quarter of a million.
Very true. That would be the smart move for Nate after his contract is up. Actually maybe even both of the Diaz bros. Not sure how many fights is left in Nick's contract, but if they both box on the same card that would draw a lot of interest and should sell well.

BC is wrong. It would take one fighter with a bank statement claiming that something not recorded somewhere in the financial statements was paid to them, and the UFC would be sunk.

They don't have to disclose everything to the public after events. They do have to disclose it to he courts when called. There is also a 0% chance that Endeavor would even entertain buying a stake in the UFC if there was a hint that wads of cash were given out without being recorded in the financial statement.

It may not be labeled under fighter compensation directly under an event, but not only is it in the financial statements, it is also explained to the courts where any fighter pay is.

BC is goofy and funny and has fun takes on things, but this one is silly and him not understanding just how big of a business venture or legal matter we are talking about.

so it’s not possible to a) pay cash that’s off the books, b) pay through an account that’s not tied to the ufc, c) pay through a third party like a sponsor?

Every single dollar that Lorenzo Fertita ever distributed to fighters is recorded on a UFC spreadsheet. I find that almost impossible to believe.

Here we go again. Everyone knows Diaz is not fighting for 250k. No matter how many stars will tell you disclosed is not anywhere near how much they make people will still believe that is all they are making. I mean GSP just told you this within the last week. Jones said he got paid 5mil+ for a fight he had 500k disclosed. The UFC would rather take the PR hit for disclosed pay than reveal the actual pay so all this is on them.
No way Nate fought for less than a million. Disclosed pay does not tell the whole story. You are correct, GSP said that in an interview recently. Nate most likely got a cut of the PPV.

Last edited:
I don’t know if using the old system is accurate. Jon Jones said he was making 5 million per fight but using old system we come up with a sum around 1 million. Which was 4 million than what he admitted he was paid.

Adesanya has been pulling in bigger numbers than Jones there is no reason to think that he isn’t being paid more as well

Well, if that's really what it is, the old standard is way off but we can take a stab and work out a guess. Jones base pay for the Cormier fight was $580,000. PPV buys estimate was 900K. If we change the numbers to:

$5.00 for 200,000 and 400,000
$6.50 between 400,000 and 600,000
$8.00 buys sold over 600,000

$580,000 + (5 x 200,000) + (6.5 x 200,000) + (8 x 300,000) = $5.3 M

Too many variables to say for sure, and these guys could be blowing smoke and/or including some other sort of income like sponsorships beyond the stupid Reebok/Venum money.

Brad Riddell 4-0 in the UFC making 20k + 20k.

Movsar Evloev 5-0 in the UFC making 18k + 18k lol holy fuck.

Embarrassing sport. I thought intro contracts were typically 3 fights?
Erm Diaz has been in the UFC since TUF 5 which = like 14 years. Also a draw. The UFC pays pretty decent for fighters who have been there for a while. Maia got 175k to lose for example. A lot of the fighters take short notice fights for a guaranteed 4 fight contract, not sure if that's the case with them. Either way better than making 4k at Bellator.

That's alot of weed cigs for him and his homies.
He doesn't pay for weed anymore.
Him and his brother have their own strains and are Cali weed celebrities.

Not sure how Endeavor would deal with it, but if the "secret" bonuses are off the books, meaning they're not reported to the IRS as income paid, there's going to be some serious IRS problems. Not only for the UFC, but for the fighter as well.

Not sure how Endeavor would deal with it, but if the "secret" bonuses are off the books, meaning they're not reported to the IRS as income paid, there's going to be some serious IRS problems. Not only for the UFC, but for the fighter as well.
They are not doing that.

Back