Media Nate Diaz pocketed a $250,000 disclosed payday at #UFC263 (not including any bonuses and PPV points)

But what’s disclosed to the AC isn’t always the full pay the fighters receive.

But it is part of the fighter payroll that totals 19% reported on the Ufc income statement.

Last edited:
so it’s not possible to a) pay cash that’s off the books, b) pay through an account that’s not tied to the ufc, c) pay through a third party like a sponsor?

Every single dollar that Lorenzo Fertita ever distributed to fighters is recorded on a UFC spreadsheet. I find that almost impossible to believe.
It is possible, there just isn't enough incentive to do so. It would only benefit the UFC in this case to claim as much money paid as possible. Claiming every dollar that they possibly can, they get it 18%. These fighters have to pay taxes as well. An audit would light this up completely. It hasn't.

Like everyone else has said, Nate should run down his contact (1 more fight) and fight one of the Paul brothers. I can easily see a 10 million+ payout for him.

I"m surprised how many people on here hate capitalism

so it’s not possible to a) pay cash that’s off the books, b) pay through an account that’s not tied to the ufc, c) pay through a third party like a sponsor?

Every single dollar that Lorenzo Fertita ever distributed to fighters is recorded on a UFC spreadsheet. I find that almost impossible to believe.

The good old locker room bonuses...
"With a check for $250,000 in hand, White goes off looking for Shogun."
"When the defeated challenger sees the boss enter his dressing room, he rises shamefacedly from his bench"

"We paid the taxes," White reiterates. Maybe he didn't understand? He points to the check again. "That's the real number there. That's take-home pay."
https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/1/8/1240677/how-dana-white-handled-the-lyoto

UFC does not fuck around with taxes.
Sure they might pay fighters in different ways but they would never ever fuck around with taxes. Because that shit can bite you in the ass like nothing else.

Like everyone else has said, Nate should run down his contact (1 more fight) and fight one of the Paul brothers. I can easily see a 10 million+ payout for him.
I think that's his plan. Leon was a weird fight for Diaz to take and now he's saying he wants to fight again around October. Looks like he's trying to finish his contract and either do celebrity boxing or use it as leverage to get a better contract

If ufc was really as low balling as people say. Why arent other orgs fronting the money to poach ufc top stars?

Bloody Elbow suggests that both Figueiredo and Adensanya got PPV points (around $600k each) and that Adesanya also got a side letter of $1.75 million and Diaz had one for $750k-$1 million.

Nate flew in on a private jet and was staying at a mansion instead of the fighter hotel. He got way more than 250k.

I suspect the reason his fight was 5 rounds was that you have to be scheduled for 5 rounds to get PPV points.

Back