Nate Diaz is literally one win away from a title shot

Gun to my head, I'm going Gillespie and Cowboy.

But Cowboy is clearly not elite anymore and can't be trusted to stay in the fight if he ends up taking just a couple mean punches, I don't see him or Morono on the roster much longer. Morono struggles against sophisticated strikers who can mix it up and lacks the fight IQ to consistently win close fights at the highest level, neither guy is a bet you can really trust, but I'll go Cowboy because of veteran savvy, I don't think either guy will look too impressive during this contest, If there's a finish it'll be Cowboy getting dropped.

CDF vs Gillespie is a total crap shoot, Gregor is coming off a ridiculous layoff where he was last scene brutally KO'd by Kevin lee, and CDF is aging fast and hasn't show reliable defensive ability to save his chin. CDF's previous wins either haven't aged well or haven't had time to, he's due to have his chin cracked again for his reckless style. Gregor is better than he showed against Kevin lee, and I believe he was clearly winning the striking exchanges before he was KO'd. Gregor should control CDF fairly well during their grappling exchanges to stay out of danger, and should land the more accurate and damaging punches on the feet, but his layoff and age means he might not be anywhere near the guy he was a couple of years ago.

I'm staying away from both of those fights btw, None of those 4 can be trusted at the moment.

Some of my money makers this year have been Black Beast over Bladyes, Dustin over Conor, and Jan over Izzy. But I don't bet on every card, fights like those I'll stay away from.
Fair one, thanks.
I’ve gone with CDF and Morono, lol.
My MO is to find the outsiders with the best chance of winning. So many fights are basically 50/50 after the first few mins that it seems the most logical way to bet to me..
I rarely bet on favourites, and the double offers good value I thought, 5.5/1 so €30 wins approx €195

Is there any other fighter that gets bashed for a decision loss from 10 years ago like Nate? Lol also gets bashed for a doctors stoppage with all of his wins and performance bonuses being ignored. It’s kind of crazy.

I love Nate but he is fucking insane for this. Even if he beats Leon which I highly doubt, why does he want to make his run at welterweight? Surely lightweight is better in every way for him

A semi final he cannot win. He can dream though.

Not as ergeious as people who would inevitably clamor for Nick to get a title shot with a win over condit

Nate Diaz is literally not a fighter any more. He's Jonesing us, so is Nick.

But that one win would need to be over a top 3 WW, not like he'd get it off beating some bum. If he can go in and beat Leon thats impressive as hell and he'd def be right up there for a title shot after Colby who should get it next.

As a Diaz Bros. fan I must say, I have very little optimism for Nate in this one. But Nate has won some before where I've said the same thing. So we'll see.

Nate will be fortunate to even leave a mark on Leon. No way he is competitive in this fight outside of something like Leon breaking his ankle.

Unfortunately this is true, as Usman only wants easy fights like Jorge, Nick, & Chiesa. Nate would definitely qualify as an easy win were he to miraculously beat Leon.

Although Ali did say that you need to be on winning streak to fight Usman, but I'm sure they would change their standards just like they did for Jorge.

Rory hurled Nate around and he was fresher at that point, this is a non-fight. Should be Leon vs Colby.

Yeah and he would make a lot of sense for the UFC to book Usman vs Diaz.

Back