Nate Diaz is literally one win away from a title shot

If he beats Leon, the most logical numero uno contendero right now - of course he deserves the title shot.

I rarely miss when it comes to MMA predictions.

I'll post my bet slip on fight night.

It'd be incredible if Nate could survive all 5 rounds, I'd prefer that to seeing him seriously hurt and KO'd. But there's just no way he isn't going to take major punishment here, guess it'll come down to that 36 year old chin. The fight should be 3 rounds, that way he can plan to survive 3 rounds and keep his persona.

I can see this coming a mile away, it's one of the easiest predictions of the year.
Wow, predicting a heavy favourite to win. That’s impressive.

Let me guess, you predicted Nunes would win her last fight too? Mystic Mac watch out, Gamer007 is Sherdog top seance!

But seriously, I agree with you 100% Leon will be too accurate and slick for Nate. However, to completely rule Nate out is something none of us should do. How many wars against stalwarts like Diaz has Edwards been victorious in? I’m gonna go with zero.
So somewhat uncharted waters for the Brit, whereas he doesn’t really offer anything Nate hasn’t at least faced before if not defeated.

(and slightly off topic, but would you share which underdogs, or heavy underdogs you correctly picked, recently? And lastly who are you picking for CDF v Gillespie, and Cowboy v Morono? Reason I ask is I have money on both fights as a double and am curious as to how Sherdog Seance sees the fights going? Both draws maybe? Fingers crossed....

I'm thinking if he beats Edwards he'll be given another fight against someone in the low top 15 (maybe Belal if he beats Maia) and then the title shot. PS: I think Nate is going to be mauled btw.

IF he beats Leon and Burns beats Wonderboy then maybe he would get the TS

Wow, predicting a heavy favourite to win. That’s impressive.

Let me guess, you predicted Nunes would win her last fight too? Mystic Mac watch out, Gamer007 is Sherdog top seance!

But seriously, I agree with you 100% Leon will be too accurate and slick for Nate. However, to completely rule Nate out is something none of us should do. How many wars against stalwarts like Diaz has Edwards been victorious in? I’m gonna go with zero.
So somewhat uncharted waters for the Brit, whereas he doesn’t really offer anything Nate hasn’t at least faced before if not defeated.

(and slightly off topic, but would you share which underdogs, or heavy underdogs you correctly picked, recently? And lastly who are you picking for CDF v Gillespie, and Cowboy v Morono? Reason I ask is I have money on both fights as a double and am curious as to how Sherdog Seance sees the fights going? Both draws maybe? Fingers crossed....

Gun to my head, I'm going Gillespie and Cowboy.

But Cowboy is clearly not elite anymore and can't be trusted to stay in the fight if he ends up taking just a couple mean punches, I don't see him or Morono on the roster much longer. Morono struggles against sophisticated strikers who can mix it up and lacks the fight IQ to consistently win close fights at the highest level, neither guy is a bet you can really trust, but I'll go Cowboy because of veteran savvy, I don't think either guy will look too impressive during this contest, If there's a finish it'll be Cowboy getting dropped.

CDF vs Gillespie is a total crap shoot, Gregor is coming off a ridiculous layoff where he was last scene brutally KO'd by Kevin lee, and CDF is aging fast and hasn't show reliable defensive ability to save his chin. CDF's previous wins either haven't aged well or haven't had time to, he's due to have his chin cracked again for his reckless style. Gregor is better than he showed against Kevin lee, and I believe he was clearly winning the striking exchanges before he was KO'd. Gregor should control CDF fairly well during their grappling exchanges to stay out of danger, and should land the more accurate and damaging punches on the feet, but his layoff and age means he might not be anywhere near the guy he was a couple of years ago.

I'm staying away from both of those fights btw, None of those 4 can be trusted at the moment.

Some of my money makers this year have been Black Beast over Bladyes, Dustin over Conor, and Jan over Izzy. But I don't bet on every card, fights like those I'll stay away from.

Nate Diaz isn't beating a top 30 fighter ever again. He's past it and style has aged like milk kept in a box next to chicken.

Nate is about to get brutally beaten, the only way he escapes with his consciousness is a stoppage by cut.

Even if he pulled off a miracle and beat Leon, he'd have to be high as fuck to sign a contract against Usman.

I don't wanna see Nate take this beating, but he's asking for it. These guys never save their money, they always end up being a laughing stock in their late 30's.
Leon brutally beating someone? That'd be the day lmao

I think Belal would outstrike him and bully him when necessary to a UD.

I don't think Nate is a top 25 WW, the only reason he managed to get his ranking is because Pettis pulled off a miracle against Wonderboy and threw the division into craziness. I'm a fan of Nate, but I'm not blind either.

The last time I checked the line was +450 for Leon, but in actuality he should be around +900 or more. Has Nate ever in his entire career beaten a real Welterweight?

Leon at +450 is still good grounds for a bet. Leon is bigger, faster, stronger, and a more skilled striker who's going to have more motivation than ever before. It's going to be hard to watch, so honestly I'll probably skip this fight.

I for one hate seeing OG's take a beat down.

Edwards is -450 a huge favorite, +450 would mean he is a huge underdog. $100 bet would win you $122.

Diaz is +350, a rather sizable underdog. $100 bet would win you $450.

From bet365.com

Screenshot_20210506-085536_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg

Win or lose against Leon I can definitely see Usman praising the heck out of Diaz and how deserving he is of a title shot

Sure, if he beats Edwards and Colby, he'll deserve a title shot. I agree. I just don't see it. At this point I would bet Colby will outstrike Nate. He is way past it.

Colby will get lit up if they just stand and trade. He won't, though.

Also, Colby will duck any fight that isn't him getting shellacked by Usman.
Edit: So I my guess is that Diaz will get the title fight when Colby turns the fight down expecting his own 2nd shot at an Usman beatdown.

I am not a Nate Diaz fan, but if he fights Covington, it will be one of the best pre-fight verbal wars in MMA history!

Win or lose against Leon I can definitely see Usman praising the heck out of Diaz and how deserving he is of a title shot
If he wins sure, but Diaz isn't getting a title shot with any kind of loss bud. Usman already had one stupid money match up with a guy coming off a loss.

I am not a Nate Diaz fan, but if he fights Covington, it will be one of the best pre-fight verbal wars in MMA history!
You think? Colby will just try to awkwardly insert the word soy into everything as he's clearly just found out about that particular insult and Diaz will spend 90 percent of the time mumbling shit that no one will be able to comprehend.

Ladies, welcome to sports .........ENTERTAINMENT

You think? Colby will just try to awkwardly insert the word soy into everything as he's clearly just found out about that particular insult and Diaz will spend 90 percent of the time mumbling shit that no one will be able to comprehend.
YEAH, can't wait!<45>

Amazing.
It’s almost as if you have never seen Nate win a fight before..

So we just disregard the results that don’t suit the narrative, Pettis v WB being the obvious one.. I guess Michael Johnson v Poirier would be another, seeing as Nate schooled Johnson.. hmm which others can be neatly swept under the carpet as flukes? How about all the times Oliveira got submitted? Would that also help? Perhaps these fights should be deemed no contests as they are clearly such anomalies.
Diaz stands absolutely no chance against Edwards and is getting the fight on name value alone. He has no wins against legit WW’s and shouldn’t be ranked. Crazy shit happens but if Diaz beats Edwards it would be a far greater upset then Pettis Vs Wonderboy, Porier VS Johnson.

Unfortunately yeah I do see them giving Nate a shot if he somehow gets by leon. I dont actually see that happening and expect leon to run through him similar to how rory did. But shit can happen

I agree, they're 100% giving him a shot if he somehow manages to get by Edwards

He'll lose (likely) and act like he got robbed.

Or, he'll win (unlikely), get a title shot - then lose, and say he got robbed.

Same story.

Back