Nate Diaz is literally one win away from a title shot

Rajon Rondo

Can you even see my profile picture?
Banned
Reaction score
Let's not kid ourselves, Diaz is definitely getting a fu**ing title shot if he beats Leon Edwards and snaps the winning streak he's on. He probably won't beat Edwards but who knows what can happen Also Diaz fighting for the title would do huge buys.

Last edited:
Sure, if he beats Edwards and Colby, he'll deserve a title shot. I agree. I just don't see it. At this point I would bet Colby will outstrike Nate. He is way past it.

Nate is about to get brutally beaten, the only way he escapes with his consciousness is a stoppage by cut.

Even if he pulled off a miracle and beat Leon, he'd have to be high as fuck to sign a contract against Usman.

I don't wanna see Nate take this beating, but he's asking for it. These guys never save their money, they always end up being a laughing stock in their late 30's.

If he was to beat Leon and Colby he would be deserving of a title shot. How can anyone even argue with that?

Let's not kid ourselves, Diaz is definitely getting a title shot if he beats Leon Edwards and snaps the winning streak he's on. Also Diaz fighting for the title would do huge buys

Casuals gonna casual lol dumb fans will eat that shit up but we all know Usman beats Nate like he owes him money, and Leon likely runs through him anyway so hopefully this circus doesnt come to fruition

I like Nate, but the fact the UFC is still convincing people he has any chance at holding a title is pretty hilarious

Nate is about to get brutally beaten, the only way he escapes with his consciousness is a stoppage by cut.

Even if he pulled off a miracle and beat Leon, he'd have to be high as fuck to sign a contract against Usman.

I don't wanna see Nate take this beating, but he's asking for it. These guys never save their money, they always end up being a laughing stock in their late 30's.
How would you rate Nate compared to Belal?
I know it’s fashionable to shit on Nate around here for reasons unknown, I am just genuinely curious as to how low he can be rated by someone whilst keeping a straight face.

How would you rate Nate compared to Belal?
I know it’s fashionable to shit on Nate around here for reasons unknown, I am just genuinely curious as to how low he can be rated by someone whilst keeping a straight face.
I think Belal would outstrike him and bully him when necessary to a UD.

I don't think Nate is a top 25 WW, the only reason he managed to get his ranking is because Pettis pulled off a miracle against Wonderboy and threw the division into craziness. I'm a fan of Nate, but I'm not blind either.

The last time I checked the line was +450 for Leon, but in actuality he should be around +900 or more. Has Nate ever in his entire career beaten a real Welterweight?

Leon at +450 is still good grounds for a bet. Leon is bigger, faster, stronger, and a more skilled striker who's going to have more motivation than ever before. It's going to be hard to watch, so honestly I'll probably skip this fight.

I for one hate seeing OG's take a beat down.

Last edited:
Let's not kid ourselves, Diaz is definitely getting a fu**ing title shot if he beats Leon Edwards and snaps the winning streak he's on. He probably won't beat Edwards but who knows what can happen Also Diaz fighting for the title would do huge buys.

I don't think Nate is a top 25 WW, the only reason he managed to get his ranking is because Pettis pulled off a miracle against Wonderboy and threw the division into craziness.
Amazing.
It’s almost as if you have never seen Nate win a fight before..

So we just disregard the results that don’t suit the narrative, Pettis v WB being the obvious one.. I guess Michael Johnson v Poirier would be another, seeing as Nate schooled Johnson.. hmm which others can be neatly swept under the carpet as flukes? How about all the times Oliveira got submitted? Would that also help? Perhaps these fights should be deemed no contests as they are clearly such anomalies.

I don't think Nate is a top 25 WW, the only reason he managed to get his ranking is because Pettis pulled off a miracle against Wonderboy and threw the division into craziness.
Pettis is such a legend. Hespect.
upload_2021-5-6_12-55-22.jpeg

Amazing.
It’s almost as if you have never seen Nate win a fight before..

So we just disregard the results that don’t suit the narrative, Pettis v WB being the obvious one.. I guess Michael Johnson v Poirier would be another, seeing as Nate schooled Johnson.. hmm which others can be neatly swept under the carpet as flukes? How about all the times Oliveira got submitted? Would that also help? Perhaps these fights should be deemed no contests as they are clearly such anomalies.
I rarely miss when it comes to MMA predictions.

I'll post my bet slip on fight night.

It'd be incredible if Nate could survive all 5 rounds, I'd prefer that to seeing him seriously hurt and KO'd. But there's just no way he isn't going to take major punishment here, guess it'll come down to that 36 year old chin. The fight should be 3 rounds, that way he can plan to survive 3 rounds and keep his persona.

I can see this coming a mile away, it's one of the easiest predictions of the year.

Sure, if he beats Edwards and Colby, he'll deserve a title shot. I agree. I just don't see it. At this point I would bet Colby will outstrike Nate. He is way past it.
Colby obviously outstrikes Nate, he's a much better fighter in every area. Nate was never championship level.

I rarely miss when it comes to MMA predictions.

I'll post my bet slip on fight night.

It'd be incredible if Nate could survive all 5 rounds, I'd prefer that to seeing him seriously hurt and KO'd. But there's just no way he isn't going to take major punishment here, guess it'll come down to that 36 year old chin. The fight should be 3 rounds, that way he can plan to survive 3 rounds and keep his persona.

I can see this coming a mile away, it's one of the easiest predictions of the year.

Did he seriously pick Diaz over Leon??

But if Diaz wins and does get the title shot then he’s not literally one shot away.

it’s like girls saying “omg I’m literally dead”

He’s boxing Jake Paul next, that’s the money fight

I see everyone talking about Nate getting a title shot if he wins except for Dana.

Back