Nate Diaz is below the elite and can't beat Conor

I think thats bullshit. I think Nate takes his training very seriously...he just has a style which has many flaws,which get more and more exposed over time,and he is gonna stick with what brought him to the dance. You could say that about most fighters at some point in their careers.

It's not bullshit, I don't think. I think Nate's only flaw is that he is in so much love with his boxing and JJ that he does not spend as much time on wrestling. His boxing is great, Andre Ward seems to agree with that, who am I to argue that point.

Diaz with TDD and ability to block leg kicks is a nightmare for anyone between 155-170.

It's not bullshit, I don't think. I think Nate's only flaw is that he is in so much love with his boxing and JJ that he does not spend as much time on wrestling. His boxing is great, Andre Ward seems to agree with that, who am I to argue that point.

Diaz with TDD and ability to block leg kicks is a nightmare for anyone between 155-170.

Not everyone is going to be great at certain areas. Nogueira was never a great wrestler,he'd be the first to tell you. He trained it but it wasnt something he could do at an elite level. Its probably the same for the diaz bros. His stance,which he has used his whole career makes it virtually impossible for him to check kicks,with his lead leg so far out. He is obviously tough enough and talented enough to win fights without doing that...so hes going to stick with what got him this far. Not everyone can be GSP.

I see Conor beating Diaz but I'm not 100 percent as anything can happen in MMA. I thought Anderson was unbeatable until Weidman

DidntReadLOL.gif~c200

I actually believe that Nate can be champ if he actually takes it seriously. It seems that MMA is second to a lot of things in the Diaz camp.

He could do, yes. I take it you noticed the difference between the shape he was in against Anthony Johnson to the shape he was against Rafael Dos Anjos? If Nate can get his act together he would make some waves.

He could do, yes. I take it you noticed the difference between the shape he was in against Anthony Johnson to the shape he was against Rafael Dos Anjos? If Nate can get his act together he would make some waves.

I take it you mean Michael Johnson. Meh, I am a big believer in styles make fights and I don't know any shape of Nate Diaz, at this time that could have fared better against RDA. Not a detriment to Nate, a testament to what a monster RDA has become.

That title is ridiculous... the Diaz brothers are top fighters in their respective divisions. Tough as nails, elite BJJ and boxing.

Not everyone is going to be great at certain areas. Nogueira was never a great wrestler,he'd be the first to tell you. He trained it but it wasnt something he could do at an elite level. Its probably the same for the diaz bros. His stance,which he has used his whole career makes it virtually impossible for him to check kicks,with his lead leg so far out. He is obviously tough enough and talented enough to win fights without doing that...so hes going to stick with what got him this far. Not everyone can be GSP.

Glad you bought up Nog. I think that the JJ MMA fighters follow that blue print of Nog that it's a detriment to their advancement, Nate included. They fall in love with the almighty JJ that they leave out wrestling.

Glad you bought up Nog. I think that the JJ MMA fighters follow that blue print of Nog that it's a detriment to their advancement, Nate included. They fall in love with the almighty JJ that they leave out wrestling.

I dont think everyone can become a great elite wrestler. Nog could work on his wrestling all he wants,but its not going to matter if he is trying to take down a guy with awesome TDD. its just NOT his forte and it never will be. Some guys play to their strengths

I take it you mean Michael Johnson. Meh, I am a big believer in styles make fights and I don't know any shape of Nate Diaz, at this time that could have fared better against RDA. Not a detriment to Nate, a testament to what a monster RDA has become.

RDA is obviously well conditioned but the difference your condition will make is the tempo you compete at. If you're at your physical peak you don't have to pace yourself as much as you would coming in a little soft and if Nate can compete at the tempo as can RDA then RDA will have less time to be as tactful as he was against Nate when mixing things up.

Hi Sherbros. I've been thinking about the upcoming fight between Nate Diaz and Conor McGregor and rewatching Diaz' fights. After watching all his fights from Thomson to Johnson, I have to say it's definitely very unlikely that Diaz will represent any kind of danger to McGregor. Worse than that, I don't think Diaz is capable of being competitive against the top fighters anymore, as he has been decisively dominated by elite competition in the past 3 years.

Diaz has very solid boxing and jiu jitsu skills. He uses his reach advantage to constantly punch opponents in the face. In the fights I saw he rarely clinched, but when he did he was successful. I only saw a single takedown from him against Josh Thomson. His BJJ is rarely used as he never tries to get into a grappling match and is more often than not on his back if the fight ever goes to the floor. He seldomly throws leg kicks, but no other kicks. He is slow and a very easy target, as he is constantly overreaching his punches and exposing himself for counters. He is vulnerable to kicks in general. Doesn't check many leg kicks and also has problems defending head kicks. He doesn't attempt takedowns and I don't know much about his wrestling.

Conor McGregor has absolutely all the tools to destroy Nate. Nate is slow, while Conor is very fast. Nate doesn't defend well against kicks, Conor throws many kicks. Nate gets punched a lot and Conor's punches are deadly. Nate doesn't shoot for takedowns and doesn't try to wrestle his way into any grappling position. Nate rarely tries clinching. If he stands and bangs with McGregor, he is going down. In all the fights I've seen he never tried anything different, so I bet this time won't be the case.

But worse than simply not being a match for McGregor, I have my doubts Nate can really be competitive against the top anymore. RDA absolutely picked him apart. Benson won all 5 rouns so I bet that was a one-sided beating too. Thomson beat him standing for two rounds until the TKO. His only wins since 2013 are Gray Maynard and Michael Johnson. Johnson looked bad against him, and they both just stand and bang all three rounds. Gray was past his prime already and Nate has a gigantic reach advantage over him, which plays right into Nate's game. I don't mean to completely downplay Nate's wins but they were really unimpressive and say nothing about his ability to beat very competent opposition. I see Nate being easily picked apart and TKO'd by Conor at some point during the match.

I can be an idiot talking shit too, so let's talk about it if you will.

That was a fair assessment I share many of the same observations regarding Nate he'll never wear a belt but always game for a fight I think people are drawn to him and his brother for their realness & rawness and I don't give a f*k about you attitude more than their fighting prowess. This fight is for entertainment purposes only, with that said if Nick could get Conor into rd3 or better yet championship rds Conor may start to lose the sting & power of his one good hand and also test Conor's gas tank which rarely if ever gets past three. But all that work would take a full camp of work not 8 days and counting...

Nate is mean and tough enough to beat fighters who he should lose to.

Conor vs Diaz is the fight that should have been made in the first place. Conor should count his blessings.

While I agree Diaz isn't at the top of the pack, I am not sold on Conor like others. He had two elite matches. One a guy had two weeks to prepare for him and the other he KO the long time champ in a short period of time and we didn't get to see what else he can do. We all already knew he can hit hard.

Conor vs Diaz is the fight that should have been made in the first place. Conor should count his blessings.

While I agree Diaz isn't at the top of the pack, I am not sold on Conor like others. He had two elite matches. One a guy had two weeks to prepare for him and the other he KO the long time champ in a short period of time and we didn't get to see what else he can do. We all already knew he can hit hard.
I think we can give Conor props in the Aldo fight. It just shows how dangerous he is. I'm not sold on him being better than Aldo or beating him in a rematch either, but Aldo is an extremely dynamic, competent fighter. Nate Diaz brings the same abc facepunching game to the table, while being slower and predictable. Even if Conor isn't the absolute top of the pack, his whole style is one that Nate will suffer against. If you watch the Thomson fight or the RDA fight, you'll see Diaz being picked apart by kicks for instance. Johnson was successful with leg kicks too in his loss. It's just something he always fails against as of late. Conor might not be proven on WW or whatever but we know how dangerous and dynamic he is standing. I think it's a bad match up stylistic for Nate (not that he'll find any good stylistic match up in the top LWs either).

Conor should win, but if he gets tired trying to finish Nate, then he's gonna get submitted.

I think we can give Conor props in the Aldo fight. It just shows how dangerous he is. I'm not sold on him being better than Aldo or beating him in a rematch either, but Aldo is an extremely dynamic, competent fighter. Nate Diaz brings the same abc facepunching game to the table, while being slower and predictable. Even if Conor isn't the absolute top of the pack, his whole style is one that Nate will suffer against. If you watch the Thomson fight or the RDA fight, you'll see Diaz being picked apart by kicks for instance. Johnson was successful with leg kicks too in his loss. It's just something he always fails against as of late. Conor might not be proven on WW or whatever but we know how dangerous and dynamic he is standing. I think it's a bad match up stylistic for Nate (not that he'll find any good stylistic match up in the top LWs either).

He deserves props for the quick KO of Aldo for sure. But at the same time there is still allot we don't know about Conor. I wasn't indicating that Diaz beats him.

I don't think he's going to beat Conor, but he definitely can beat him.

Much crazier things have happened in MMA.

Back