Nate Diaz: "I took the 155 fight"

DaffodilMcWoozy

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I think that's nonsense. No you didn't Nate, or else this fight wouldn't be at 170.

Everyone calling Conor the GOAT for jumping up 2 weight classes and fighting a huge WW in Nate Diaz is more nonsensical imo.

So he gets less money for the same fight, but at a different weight?

Is that fucking real?

I think he meant originally, before they announced RDA, he wanted Conor at 155.

could be if at 155 they made it for the interim belt
What do you mean? Why wouldn't he take the fight at 155 if it was for the belt and more money?

What I gather from this topic is that UFC didn't want to pay him as much to make 155.

What Nate should have done with his 3 days to get in fight shape is to have to cut that 20 pounds too. That seems like a legit request. Derp derp

And before anyone chimes in with "Nate stays in shape", yes he does stay in shape as do I and many other people. "In shape" is NOT "In fight shape". Only tards who've never trained and who don't know anything about how the body works make this argument.

Everyone calling Conor the GOAT for jumping up 2 weight classes and fighting a huge WW in Nate Diaz is more nonsensical imo.

I wouldn't call nate a huge WW. A huge WW wouldn't be able to fight at lightweight. BUT, I do have respect for taking a WW fight after he just got the FW belt. You don't see the current FW champ fighting at WW a lot (never).

If Conor lost to Diaz at 155 the RDA fight would be scrapped. Conor and the UFC wanted the fight at 170 to keep that fight a possibility even if Conor loses.

The best thing about a Nate Diaz matchup is that Nate's paths to victory (points or submission) isn't the sort that would do too much damage Conor's marketability. Conor could just call him a *ussy for not fighting like a man like the diaz's do in all their losses.

What Nate was saying is that he took the fight when they contacted him earlier.

The whole point he was making is that they knew waaaaaay back that Conor vs RDA wasn't happening.

It makes perfect sense for him to want more money for fighting at 155/65 for the simple fact he only has less than two weeks he would spend that time time getting on weight and nothing else. Fighting at ww he had to cut what 5lbs if that and can come up with some kind of game plan and work his cardio the best he can. It's common sense but I swear you Conor stans make it seem like it's something it's not all the time smh.

Another thing you haters will cling onto for dear life. Lol. I think I would get pretty heated if someone accused me of steroids.

If i got accused of robbing a bank I would laugh out loud and call the accuser mentally retarded. Not huff and puff and say how im so against robbing banks.

So he gets less money for the same fight, but at a different weight?

Is that fucking real?
he probably said if you want me to kill myself by cutting to 155 then pay me a million or something like that. For whatever money they offered him, it wasn't enough to put himself through a hard cut

he probably said if you want me to kill myself by cutting to 155 then pay me a million or something like that. For whatever money they offered him, it wasn't enough to put himself through a hard cut

Isn't he making a million for this fight already?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back