Nate Diaz: "I took the 155 fight"

I believe that's called an analogy.

It doesn't even apply to the situation in where most fighters are getting accused of steroids and fans will be quick to believe it, as it somewhat plaques the game of MMA. Steroids are not out of the norm in MMA , being accused as a bank robber is. Horrible analogy. I believe it's called doesn't make sense.

interim belt to sell more ppv, business logic, wasn't me who thought about it, dana white said that it was a possibility (i think that it would have been a travesty but this is the ufc so)

Yeah I think they realized they can only go so far. If they made that fight to be for the interim title it would set a bad precedent and they'd face pressure to make every other fight in similar circumstances an interim title fight.

If Conor lost to Diaz at 155 the RDA fight would be scrapped. Conor and the UFC wanted the fight at 170 to keep that fight a possibility even if Conor loses.

The best thing about a Nate Diaz matchup is that Nate's paths to victory (points or submission) isn't the sort that would do too much damage Conor's marketability. Conor could just call him a *ussy for not fighting like a man like the diaz's do in all their losses.

On the one hand I see what you're saying. On the other hand it's going to be very hard to sell McGregor vs RDA if Conor loses to Nate in any capacity, even at 170lbs. RDA beat the brakes off Nate a little over a year ago.

Yeah I think they realized they can only go so far. If they made that fight to be for the interim title it would set a bad precedent and they'd face pressure to make every other fight in similar circumstances an interim title fight.
Exactly but lately they have made a lot of precedents so I would not been so surprised (just a little bit outraged). They are still setting a precedent though, with Conor fight being the main event without belt even if there is a championship on the card

Back