Nate Diaz: "I took the 155 fight"

I believe Nate - I think the UFC would prefer this to be a catchweight or welterweight bout. On the chance that McGregor loses to Nate they don't want that loss to be at 155 because it would kill the Dos Anjos fight.

The UFC doesn't really care about legitimacy, but it would be hard to sell McGregor as a lightweight contender when he's lost his one and only lw bout in the UFC.

What Nate should have done with his 3 days to get in fight shape is to have to cut that 20 pounds too. That seems like a legit request. Derp derp

And before anyone chimes in with "Nate stays in shape", yes he does stay in shape as do I and many other people. "In shape" is NOT "In fight shape". Only tards who've never trained and who don't know anything about how the body works make this argument.

Well there is being in shape and being in elite fighting shape which will take 6-10 weeks of hard training for a already in shape person to be in.

What do you mean? Why wouldn't he take the fight at 155 if it was for the belt and more money?

What I gather from this topic is that UFC didn't want to pay him as much to make 155.
ok i understood it the other way around --" anyways this is pure speculation so

At 155 they can cancell the RDA fight

At 170 they can book a match with lawler and the RDA fight if he loses - its all protecting conor

could be if at 155 they made it for the interim belt
What interim belt lol. Dos Anjos just defended it 2 months ago. It's not like he's gonna be out for 12 months.

Another thing you haters will cling onto for dear life. Lol. I think I would get pretty heated if someone accused me of steroids.
Im very good at reading people. Its an ability i have over years by playing poker

I don't think Nate has any idea what his manager does.

Bottom line, It's silly. There is nothing else to do at this point but to cut weight.

What interim belt lol. Dos Anjos just defended it 2 months ago. It's not like he's gonna be out for 12 months.
interim belt to sell more ppv, business logic, wasn't me who thought about it, dana white said that it was a possibility (i think that it would have been a travesty but this is the ufc so)

If i got accused of robbing a bank I would laugh out loud and call the accuser mentally retarded. Not huff and puff and say how im so against robbing banks.

Robbing banks and steroids have no relation when it comes to the situation. Especially when a lot of fighters are being accused.

I think to jump to Nates weight is a bad choice for McGregor

its possible,but alot of people said he shouldnt have taken the mendes fight,and look how that went. It is damn hilarious for some other people to talk shit about that like Conor didnt come out of that like shimmering gold for passing that test.

I think that's nonsense. No you didn't Nate, or else this fight wouldn't be at 170.
I think he did. Otherwise, Conor would have said, "Alright, let's change it and make this a 155" to shut him up. But he didn't and he said, "No, you just get comfortable at 170"

I think Nate is telling the truth, and for whatever reason it was actually Conor who wanted it at 170. For a potential Lawler fight at UFC 200 maybe? Cuz he is so confident? IDK...But Nate was speaking the truf

He accepted the 155 fight and 165 fight but wanted way more money for it.
Exactly, that's probably what happened and makes the most sense. Conor says Nate declined twice. Nate says he asked for more money. He probably declined those weight and asked for more money.

Figuring he meant he would fight him at any weight just not on 10 days notice

I think he meant he accepted at 55, then realized why should he. Conor needs him to save the card and get paid.

So he said 165 because thats one less thing to do is cut down when he feels more comfortable and obviously less work to get down to 55. Then conor said lets just do 70.

Nate here is calling the shots if you cant tell. He got the money he asked for and the weight he asked for. Why not? He would be dumb to drop the weight only to benefit conor. Fuck that, lets fight where im walking at right now. Lmao

I think that's nonsense. No you didn't Nate, or else this fight wouldn't be at 170.

Or maybe the UFC couldn't afford to give him the time he needed to lose that much weight???

You're not the sharpest tool in the shed now are you...

Well this is your word against his..... Soooooo.....

Back