Nate Diaz Fires Shots At Conor McGregor On Instagram

Gets knocked down 3 times and loses about 20 minutes of a 25 minute fight= getting robbed
Are you crazy mate?

He won Round 1, won majority of Round 2, lost Round 3 convincingly, close Round 4 where they both had moments of control and dominance and the 5th Round neither man did much other than the last 20 seconds of dominance for Nathan.

False narratives galore on these posts. It was a pretty even fight if you look at the TOTALITY of the fight. It's like acting like Gray Maynard vs Frankie Edgar was a robbery, Frankie out-worked Gray, knockdowns in the first/second round doesn't win you the fight automatically - there are 15 more minutes left.

Last edited:
Obsessed much Nate?

Conor has a 101 options, go make your own money and stop looking for Conor to pay your bills.

Are you crazy mate?

He won Round 1, won majority and Round 2, lost Round 3 convincingly, close Round 4 where they both had moments of control and dominance and the 5th Round neither man did much other than the last 20 seconds of dominance for Nathan.

False narratives galore on these posts. It was a pretty even fight if you look at the TOTALITY of the fight. It's like acting like Gray Maynard vs Frankie Edgar was a robbery, Frankie out-worked Gray, knockdowns in the first/second round doesn't win you the fight automatically - there are 15 more minutes left.

Wins 8 minutes of the first 2 rounds,regains his composure for beginning of the third wins the first half of it,nate has his flurry at the end of the round,he wins round 4 easily,nate was just trying to survive.Round 5 is arguably conors as well just the fact people dont need to claim it to support his win.

Either way conor won closer to 20 minutes of the fight then nate did 10 minutes

It wasn't a one sided beating, but it was Conor 1, 2, 4 clear as a day.
4 was not clear, if you actually score grappling - but it seems like the unified rules just get ignored.

Dan Henderson in many people's eyes did not win Round 2 of his fight with Bisping because Bisping dominated the whole round and then got dropped right at the end. Similar, but different scenario for Round 2 of Diaz/McGregor II, because Conor drops Nate twice but is running for his life at the end of the round and is catching blows. Diaz outstruck Conor in that round, but people forget that. Now am I saying it's a Nate round? Hell no, it's not, but could it be a draw? Sure, it could be.

The idea that it was a clear cut fight is hilarious to me. The clearest rounds were 1 and 5, Conor 1 and Nate 5. Round 2 could have been 10-9 Conor or a 10-10, Round 3 could have been a 10-9 or a 10-8 for Diaz, and Round 4 could have been a 10-9 for either man or even a 10-10.

Messy fight, great fight, not a robbery, but super close. People need to wake up and stop being bias. I GET CALLED BIAS for my opinion on this fight. I think I'm being pretty objective.

Lol Conor fans dont want him to fight Nate again.

Conor doesnt want to fight Nate again, he even said so himself.

Nate always gives him a fight. Nate never goes down easy and will make Conor work very hard for the win.

Am i the only rational person who kinda throws out the results of the first fight as a fluke?? I mean, i just dont weigh it as a proper representitive of eithers talents, because of the last minute Diaz replacement.

Nate goes in with nothing to lose, (which is a HUGE mental advantage), less weight to cut...

CM was prepping for a polar opposite opponent in regards to style, reach, etc... Then after mostly losing fat/muscle to get to 145, at the last minute fights at 170, without the proper S&C training, diet, etc...

So i get CM lost... But last minute opponents without a full camp??

I look at the 2nd fight as a MUCH better representitve for a result. And im just trying to be real...

Wins 8 minutes of the first 2 rounds,regains his composure for beginning of the third wins the first half of it,nate has his flurry at the end of the round,he wins round 4 easily,nate was just trying to survive.Round 5 is arguably conors as well just the fact people dont need to claim it to support his win.

Either way conor won closer to 20 minutes of the fight then nate did 10 minutes
What you count as "winning" is what I don't quite get.

If you are active for the first 2 minutes of a round and then you get hurt and you're running from taking damage and trying to get your breath back, do we then sit here and go "oh, but he did well to win the first 2 minutes" like does that even really matter? Fact is, Diaz almost stopped McGregor in the third round, Diaz had Conor in trouble in the second round, Diaz finished the fight on top in the fifth round where he essentially took no damage. So this claim that he won 5 minutes of the fight is just defunct. I'm not saying Diaz won, I'm not calling it a robbery, but it was close.

You use these canned Conor quotes like "he was just trying to survive".

Remind me, who finished the fight on their back? Who was the one running in the middle rounds? Who was the one who was warned by a referee that "you have to move or I'm going to stop it"? Who was the one smiling with their middle finger up in the middle rounds?

Yeah, he was really trying to survive. The guy is a fucking warrior, stop being a hater and give props.

Just saw that fight again just now:

1-Conor 10-9
2-Conor 10-9
3-Nate 10-8
4-Draw 10-10
5-Nate 10-9

Nate Diaz got robbed as he said when Joe interviewed him the UFC and the MMA community can't have someone like him ruining their WWEesque plans for Conor.

Conor won the 1st 2 rounds both 10-9 then the 3rd round was at least 10-8 for Nate because of the running...if Conor didn't run to buy time then he would have been finished late in that round....good call by that one judge...but the 4th round was a draw 10-10 while Nate won the 5th round 10-9.

Nate won 48-47

1-Conor 10-9
2-Conor 10-9
3-Nate 10-8
4-Draw 10-10
5-Nate 10-9

Nate Diaz got robbed as he said when Joe interviewed him the UFC and the MMA community can't have someone like him ruining their WWEesque plans for Conor.

Conor won the 1st 2 rounds both 10-9 then the 3rd round was at least 10-8 for Nate because of the running...if Conor didn't run to buy time then he would have been finished late in that round....good call by that one judge...but the 4th round was a draw 10-10 while Nate won the 5th round 10-9.

Nate won 48-47

Terrible card.

Round 3 is nothing close to a 10-8 round. Nate still lost the majority of that round and didn't come close to stopping Conor. Big John Mccarthy is the best person to judge and he said it clear as day, you can't judge on something that doesn't happen, whatever you think would have happened if there was longer in the round is irrelevant. Big John wasn't close to stopping the fight, Nate was throwing arm punches and doing no damage, Conor was weathering the storm and waiting for the clock. You don't deduct points for 'running'. Did Gustafsson lose every round 10-8 against Cormier? He was doing the exact same Conor did only much, much more.

The 4th round is a clear Conor round. Nate doesn't do anything, Conor lands multiple left hands, lands repeatedly with the leg kick and barely gets hit himself. Nate scrapes the 5th with a last second takedown.

Nate had one clear round in the fight, the other he won with a last second takedown. Conor clearly won 3 rounds and was supremely dominated for two of them. Easy fight to score.

4 was not clear, if you actually score grappling - but it seems like the unified rules just get ignored.

Dan Henderson in many people's eyes did not win Round 2 of his fight with Bisping because Bisping dominated the whole round and then got dropped right at the end. Similar, but different scenario for Round 2 of Diaz/McGregor II, because Conor drops Nate twice but is running for his life at the end of the round and is catching blows. Diaz outstruck Conor in that round, but people forget that. Now am I saying it's a Nate round? Hell no, it's not, but could it be a draw? Sure, it could be.

The idea that it was a clear cut fight is hilarious to me. The clearest rounds were 1 and 5, Conor 1 and Nate 5. Round 2 could have been 10-9 Conor or a 10-10, Round 3 could have been a 10-9 or a 10-8 for Diaz, and Round 4 could have been a 10-9 for either man or even a 10-10.

Messy fight, great fight, not a robbery, but super close. People need to wake up and stop being bias. I GET CALLED BIAS for my opinion on this fight. I think I'm being pretty objective.

Agree it was a close fight, not a robbery by any means &most of media scored it for Connor but it could have gone either way.
I haven't watch the fight again lately but in my eyes it was really close just like Condit/Lawer, Bisping/Henderson or Shogun/C Anderson,...

BFD. Let me know when the Diaz bros stop being the Diva bros and sign a bout agreement.

1-Conor 10-9
2-Conor 10-9
3-Nate 10-8
4-Draw 10-10
5-Nate 10-9

Nate won 48-47
This is exactly how I scored it on a rewatch.

People's main counter-argument is that "how is Round 3 a 10-8, but Round 1 and 2 isn't?".

My retort to that is that Round 1 was pretty dull, with main offence being leg kicks, the knockdown happened but he recovered immediately and finished the round in decent fashion. Conor only out-struck him by 9 strikes, nothing crazy.

Round 2 was a clear 10-8 for Conor until he gassed out of nowhere and Diaz beat the hell out of him until the bell sounded. Diaz would have won this round if there had been no knockdowns, but they lost him the round.

Round 3 is a 10-8 because it's pretty much even, and then Diaz pours it on, the fight is almost stopped, and if there was no bell to save Conor he may very well have been stopped. The striking discrepancy is 32 strikes! When you compare that to the 9 of Round 1 and the fact that Nate actually out-struck Conor in Round 2 - there is no comparing these rounds.

Diaz won on my card, I can see a draw, I can also see a Conor win, anyone saying it was a one-sided fight is idiotic.

Nate knows where his money's at. He starts talking now and if Conor survives his next title defence then Nate is set up to be the next fight. Nate ain't dumb.

I'm a Conor fan 1st but Nate's still my boy. It is a bit cringe-worthy though every time I see Nate blast out on the media that he won that fight. Conor won 1,2, & 4 & those rounds weren't even close.

He beat you and knocked you down 3 times, pothead.

Mcphaggots are so delusional. Your boy barely squeaked by through tossing a couple punches or kicks then running like a scared bitch.

uuw4iKBZuerqU.gif
13rAVaFrumhUjK.gif
RqQF6BzaGgyXe.gif
efd4PI9JM812w.gif
opLdP3xvMMTQI.gif
GATiiFDOC1da8.gif

This is not fighting. It's avoiding just enough action to win a score card. Street fight rules Nate wins.

And never forget...

giphy.gif

I'd be saying all kinds of shit ...

Why not he got paid 2 mil purse plus buys so maybe 5 total ..

I'd wanna run that back too if I was him and then ride off into the sunset.

You can't give someone a 10 - 8 just because their opponent effectively scrambles out of danger. If there waz any 10 - 8 rounds it waz round 2 for Conor.

I am to understand you just re-watched the fight. I'll do you one better. I spent about 3 hours watching round 4 alone in slow motion... stopping & rewinding where needed, & taking notes.

Round 4 for McGregor & it wasn't even close.

Conor not only out struck Nate overall... he landed 13… "power" shots (to Nate's 3 power shots) & Conor wobbled Nate twice... with one of his leg kicks & another with a rib kick.

at best Nate landed only a few power shots but mostly glancing shots & like 10 very light "hits" while in the clinch. Even counting the pitty pat shots Nate threw a lot of in the clinch... Mac still landed more shots overall as well as the stronger shots.

All Nate did waz hold him against the fence for 1 minute without capitalizing on anything. You cannot score that higher than Mac wobbling Nate twice & also landing 10 more power shots. It's not even close.

Mcphaggots are so delusional. Your boy barely squeaked by through tossing a couple punches or kicks then running like a scared bitch.

"Running" and not getting knocked down > getting knocked down 3 times

But it was a close fight.

Back