Nassordine Imavov - Discount Gegard Mousasi?

Already dealt with that. Belfort and Vitor were both over 40, off TRT and shells of their former selves. Weidman was on a 2-loss streak and Rory was a freakin' WW whose soul was already taken by Robbie. He had no business fighting a MW/LHW. You can't just look at a list of fights on here or Wikipedia without considering the context.

- Itf Mousasi, who is a MW, gets grinded to a close dec by LHW King Mo, that's a big knock on him

- If Mousasi completely outclasses a WW in Rory, it counts for nothing

Typical sherdog.

good point, i also saw flashes of gegard, but they were very few. stance wise, a couple of punches thrown looked just like gegard. but imavov is not the same.

I feel like with Imavov's bouncy style he might be the type of guy to frustrate Mousasi.

Mousasi was elite but he had that Diaz like thing where elite fighters can gameplan and beat him pretty handily every time. If you didn't run into Moose's jab or get overwhelmed by his early blitzes he wasn't very good at making late fight adjustments and instead he sorta just got visably frustrated like he did against Jacare and Machida. Imavov still has much to prove but with his footwork he already has a skill that Mousasi was limited by.
Problem is Imavov gasses and his bouncy style disappears after 2 rounds...

Grappling wise Mousasi was light years above Imavov right now.

I mean, Mousasi TKO'd Dan Henderson, Thiago Santos, Vitor Belfort, Uriah Hall, Chris Weidman, and Rory MacDonald, beating a bunch of other high-level fighters too.

I'd say Mousasi proved he was a very good fighter.
I never said he wasn't though.
Again, you say nothing.
Nitpicking the King Mo fight and now a vague talk about "showing greatness". Full sherbro
No, I've been saying a fair bit but because it isn't bowing to your favorite fighter, you have taken offense.
No one knows who you are. We dont care about your opinion.
I love you too.

Mousasi trained with Fedor a couple times and then people started thinking mousasi was cut from that same cloth. While very talented, I’m not sure mousasi was quite fedor’s level, though.
I know he isn't on Fedor's level either. But to be fair, few are.

I never said he wasn't though.

No, I've been saying a fair bit but because it isn't bowing to your favorite fighter, you have taken offense.

I love you too.

You keep saying nothing, sherbro
And no, noboy cares about changing your simpleton mind nor takes offense from you

All of you saying Mousasi was a can or down playing his resume or his skills are absolute ignorants and stupid. He was a beast fighting anyone at any weight ask any fighter they would tell you.
60 mma fights
49 wins 9 losses
2 draws

8 kickboxing fights 8 wins

But he was a can...gtfo

Already dealt with that. Belfort and Vitor were both over 40, off TRT and shells of their former selves. Weidman was on a 2-loss streak and Rory was a freakin' WW whose soul was already taken by Robbie. He had no business fighting a MW/LHW. You can't just look at a list of fights on here or Wikipedia without considering the context.

Sure you can! It's still a list of legendary fighters, and yeah, context matters, but that's still awesome to be given those guys as opponents let alone TKO them all!

Problem is Imavov gasses and his bouncy style disappears after 2 rounds...

Grappling wise Mousasi was light years above Imavov right now.
He kept the pace against Curtis.
I think anybody who throws the output Imavov did against Dolidze would gas out like Imavov did.... to be fair though Moose probably gets the finish if he had Dolidze hurt like that.

You keep saying nothing, sherbro
And no, noboy cares about changing your simpleton mind nor takes offense from you
If that were the case you wouldn't be responding with a condescending manner, you'd simply ignore me yet you can't help yourself lol.

Looks just like him with the beard and height and the hunched back

Imamov is a gym beast.
It does not translate perfectly inside the cage cause he is too emotional.
Thats why he gassed himself after round 1 in his last fight, its a shame cause he was en route for a nice TKO win.
Mousasi to me is very different, calm, cool dude, tactical, everything that imamov is not.
Watch the buckley fight if you want another example of the difficulty nassourdine has to be relax inside the cage.

- Itf Mousasi, who is a MW, gets grinded to a close dec by LHW King Mo, that's a big knock on him

- If Mousasi completely outclasses a WW in Rory, it counts for nothing

Typical sherdog.
The Lawler fight changed Rory. He was a completely different fighter after. A win over post UFC career, born again christian, shell shocked Rory is not very impressive and was expected.

Side note remember when everyone on here thought Geard could beat Izzy at the ripe age of 35

The Lawler fight changed Rory. He was a completely different fighter after. A win over post UFC career, born again christian, shell shocked Rory is not very impressive and was expected.

It changed him, indeed
He was still the Bellator WW champ after making easy work of Daley and beating Lima, who was in his prime and is a legit fighter himself even at MW.

I see that, being Mousasi a fighter that took on all comers, with one of the deepest resumes ever, people so easily nitpick whatever they can to downplay his career.

It changed him, indeed
He was still the Bellator WW champ after making easy work of Daley and beating Lima, who was in his prime and is a legit fighter himself even at MW.

I see that, being Mousasi a fighter that took on all comers, with one of the deepest resumes ever, people so easily nitpick whatever they can to downplay his career.
Mousasi had a gazillion MMA fights and fought basically every style out there. Of course some were bad matchups for him and he lost.

Still his resume is incredible. Anyone with his amount of fights and the level of competition he faced would have lost some fights.

Back