Nassordine Imavov - Discount Gegard Mousasi?

Lmao, the guy gives you a concise refutation and you immediately resort to ad hominem instead of an actual point. Jacare and Machida were top fighters at the time and you conveniently forget the fight in Dream where he KO'd Jacare?
Only on Sherdog will you have a discussion with people arguing "Yea Gegard wasn't really that good"
<Fedor23>
Crazy Gegard fan number 2. How the hell was any of that "concise"? I didn't forget the upkick KO but what we saw in the rematch, was who is the better fighter.

You dont tell me nothing, dude.
Why would I care about changing your mind.
I refflected on your point built around the Kingo Mo fight and there is that
Again, Gegard has had multiple chances to show he was the great fighter you all claimed. He usually ended up losing.

Yeah but IIRC you are one of his crazier fans so a sensible discussion isn't possible and I didn't nitpick a single fight but called a few. You go ahead and think what you want, you have about as high of hope of changing my mind as I do yours.

My guy people make one comment and they are 'crazy fans' - you sound like you want to argue about a stupid point you made about a fighter who's resume and overall standing in MMA is far above YOUR OPINION of his. Nobody cares about changing your fucking mind LOL - we dont care if you have a stupid fucking opinion.

My guy people make one comment and they are 'crazy fans' - you sound like you want to argue about a stupid point you made about a fighter who's resume and overall standing in MMA is far above YOUR OPINION of his. Nobody cares about changing your fucking mind LOL - we dont care if you have a stupid fucking opinion.
Well I am on a forum in a discussion about both Gegard and Imavov and everyone else is taking offense. I'm sure your instinct for survival will kick in shortly.
<Fedor23>

I also think they're somewhat similar, even tho as some have already said moose was flat footed and more boxing oriented while nasourdine's more nimble. They are both lackadaysical af.

Gegard left the UFC on a 5 fight winning streak.

He was 9-3 in the UFC with 3 wins over guys who were UFC champions and avenged one of the losses.

To say he failed in the UFC, or that he was a can or whatever is just being a hater.
Mousasi's UFC wins over Hendo and Belfort, both over 40 and off TRT, need an asterik next to them. They were both WAY past their primes. That's like giving Bader and Mitrione full credit for beating Fedor. Mousasi's resume has a ton of no-names and over-the-hill fighters with some elite opponents here and there.

I also think they're somewhat similar, even tho as some have already said moose was flat footed and more boxing oriented while nasourdine's more nimble. They are both lackadaysical af.
Masvidal was like that as a LW as well. He finally lit a fire under himself and started getting some nice finishes and more aggression as WW in this mid-30s, knowing he didn't have much time left (Till, Askren, Nate, etc.). But he looked like he wasn't even trying when he fought Gilbert Melendez for the LW strap in Strikeforce and managed to lose an SD to Al Iaquinta in a fight he dominated early. He coasted in too many fights.

Again, Gegard has had multiple chances to show he was the great fighter you all claimed. He usually ended up losing.

I mean, Mousasi TKO'd Dan Henderson, Thiago Santos, Vitor Belfort, Uriah Hall, Chris Weidman, and Rory MacDonald, beating a bunch of other high-level fighters too.

I'd say Mousasi proved he was a very good fighter.

Again, you say nothing.
Nitpicking the King Mo fight and now a vague talk about "showing greatness". Full sherbro

Well I am on a forum in a discussion about both Gegard and Imavov and everyone else is taking offense. I'm sure your instinct for survival will kick in shortly.
<Fedor23>

No one knows who you are. We dont care about your opinion.

Everybody is a discount Mousasi
2hp0uub_medium.gif

- Mousasi improved his wrestling since Mo figh

- Not many MWs, particularly of that generation, would get better odds vs King Mo at LHW

- its nitpicking a single fight out of one of the deepest resumes ever.

- Others tried to replicate similar game as King Mo on Mousasi and failed miserably, such as Weidman, Muñoz or Lafiti just to name a few from his UFC tenure

- There is a reason why Khabib Nurnagomedov, among many other elite fighters and pundits, called Mousasi the most underated fighter and praised him highly
100%

Maybe but thats not even a bad thing imo.
Mouasasi at his absolute best was a pretty amazing fighter.

I never saw what others saw in Mousasi and every time when it seemed like he had a chance to shine he lost. We'll see how far Nassordine goes.
Mousasi trained with Fedor a couple times and then people started thinking mousasi was cut from that same cloth. While very talented, I’m not sure mousasi was quite fedor’s level, though.

Kinda like them Canadians like Mallott being discount versions of Rory Macdonald.

Don't make fun of Imavov though. Strickland got a titleshot after beating that guy

I mean, Mousasi TKO'd Dan Henderson, Thiago Santos, Vitor Belfort, Uriah Hall, Chris Weidman, and Rory MacDonald, beating a bunch of other high-level fighters too.

I'd say Mousasi proved he was a very good fighter.
Already dealt with that. Belfort and Vitor were both over 40, off TRT and shells of their former selves. Weidman was on a 2-loss streak and Rory was a freakin' WW whose soul was already taken by Robbie. He had no business fighting a MW/LHW. You can't just look at a list of fights on here or Wikipedia without considering the context.

Gegard left the UFC on a 5 fight winning streak.

He was 9-3 in the UFC with 3 wins over guys who were UFC champions and avenged one of the losses.

To say he failed in the UFC, or that he was a can or whatever is just being a hater.
the mousasi myth
bro if he was this good he would have been the ufc champ
he has like 12 fights in the ufc but cant get the gold

i could mention alot of fighters like mousasi thats elite for sure
but wasnt a champ material

im not a hater im just being realistic

Back