Name me one MW that Silva ducked in his career.

We will soon look back at the idea of Nate Diaz being the "bigger" guy than Conor with the utter laughter is deserves.

Nate Diaz being a few inches taller doesn't escape the fact they are virtually the same size and fight in the same division.

You're completely delusional if you think they were the same size in the rematch. Conor walked into the ring at 167. Nate was AT LEAST 180, if not heavier. He was bigger than Nick at the presser.

We will soon look back at the idea of Nate Diaz being the "bigger" guy than Conor with the utter laughter is deserves.

Nate Diaz being a few inches taller doesn't escape the fact they are virtually the same size and fight in the same division.
He was clearly bigger than Conor in those fights, to what degree is the only thing that is arguable

but his av needs to go now.
My AV is top tier, buddeh

Chris Weidman.

And don't even tell me he didn't duck because they fought twice because so did Tito and Chuck.

Also he ducked the LHW division (not counting 2 cans and a gatekeeper).

Last edited:
Sakuraba and minowa-man but I don't blame him after his record against Japanese fighters far inferior then those two legends.

He didn't duck Filho, but I believe Filho (before he lost his mind) would have been a really bad match up for Anderson. Arona as well, although I'm not sure Arona could make 185........
Filho and Arona didnt make it to the UFC though so....

None. And he defended his belt for years.

Silva is still in the game today so idk why guys say he ducked Jacare, Rcokhold, or Moose.

Plus he didn't duck Nick Diaz or Forest Griffin.

Actually he ducked and avoided everything Griffin threw

Ducked nobody, but the division wasn't as strong as it is now. Silva in his prime my favorite to watch.

Now you'll get an actual accurate answer.

Silva ducked Chael Sonnen. It was so bad that the UFC had to actually trick Silva into thinking they were in Brazil for a press conference about TUF, but it was actually a press conference to promote Chael vs Silva 2. They locked Silva in a back room for 2 hours and more or less FORCED him to fight Chael.

Silva also tried to duck Chris Weidman prior to facing him the first time.

.Other than that he took on all comers.

But make no mistake. He DID in fact try and duck out of some fights .
How much of that is true?!

Anderson strategically befriended Machida and brainwashed him to stay at LHW so he'd never have to fight him.

He flirted with going up to fight at 205 only to duck decent competition (griffen and bonnar). Yes griffen was 1 fight removed from a title but the division was weak and he was tailor made from anderson silva. Then he ran back to MW. MW was the weakest division in the UFC for a long time. Fighters were getting title shots off of 1 or 2 wins. Unlike GSP at WW.

Then there are the steroids...

GOAT TOP 3:

1. Conor
2. GSP
3. Cruz

He never fought either of these 2.

1055.jpg

Weidman killed Munoz on his way to the title fight. How would Munoz have been in the picture after getting beat that bad ?

Munoz went 2/6 including the loss to Weidman. To finish his career. And didn't fight for a whole year after the Weidman fight. I liked Mark, so don't get me wrong. But, I don't even know WTF you are talking about.

Am I missing something here ?

Yes,Roy Jones Jr style.

I honestly didn't think Silva would every have a performance that was as one-sided and destructively complete as his fight against Leben. But time abd time again he went out and proved me wrong.

I honestly didn't think Silva would every have a performance that was as one-sided and destructively complete as his fight against Leben. But time abd time again he went out and proved me wrong.
Don't forget when he destroyed Okami like he was a rookie.

I went with my head instead of my heart, but I picked Griffin to win and that was the only time I was happy to be wrong.

Destroys the FW GOAT without breaking a sweat = ducking the FW division

Sherdog.
I don't think anyone would/would've complained if Conor had beaten Aldo and then left for LW without tying up the belt. Aldo and Edgar were scheduled for 200 alongside Conor. Think about that. An interim fight for a division in which the champion was gonna fight AT THE SAME EVENT. The way Conor went about the whole thing is what makes people mad. He's destroying the actual sport legitimacy of the UFC.

You're completely delusional if you think they were the same size in the rematch. Conor walked into the ring at 167. Nate was AT LEAST 180, if not heavier. He was bigger than Nick at the presser.

No Conor walked into the ring over 170 and Nate said he was about 175....

But feel free to use your imagination to make up more stuff.

Lol. Anderson beat everyone. He beat the MW GOAT (Hendo) to become the undisputed MW GOAT. His win over Vitor was also gigantic.

It is also amazing he moved up to LHW and absolutely clowned Forrest and the Sandman.

He was so damn skilled it didn't matter what weight class he was in.

He was clearly bigger than Conor in those fights, to what degree is the only thing that is arguable

Taller is not bigger.

The idea that Nate is this gigantic man Conor took on is nothing short of hilarious. He is an average sized LW, and so is Conor....

Only a few lbs separate them....They are virtually the same size and they fight in the same division.

Back