• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Name fighters you believe are over-rated Sherdog

Every fighter is overrated by his fanatics, and underrated by his detractors. That's par for the course...

That being said, I would say the current iteration of shogun is massively overrated by his fans. Every time he gets a win it's the same shit. "Title run 20XX!!!!"

Or jacare for moo sauce eeee
He beat Jacare before he became a good striker. Once Jacare rounded up his game, he beat Moose convincingly. Now if they fought, Jacare is getting old and Moose would probably win, but that's a common theme for him

He beat Jacare before he became a good striker. Once Jacare rounded up his game, he beat Moose convincingly. Now if they fought, Jacare is getting old and Moose would probably win, but that's a common theme for him
But he beat him from his back?

I'm triggered asf.

Esplain yourself young man.

Screen-Shot-2016-08-15-at-6.53.04-AM-300x218.png
Yeah, I knew it would trigger a few. Which part bothers you the most?

Kevin Lee - completely unproven yet always mentioned among the elite
Kelvin G- 7/10 of his wins are over retired guys ffs; incredibly inflated record
DC - People rank him as a HW GOAT contender which is almost as laughable as the desperate attempts to act like the Jones fights were close
Stipe - Also laughably considered a HW GOAT contender but really just benefited from a time in the division where top guys were winding down and yet still he lost multiple times in his prime
Ortega - Super tough guy but he was losing all of his UFC wins except Edgar which is not sustainable
Woodley - He has benefited from a streak of favorable match-ups but he is not, nor will he ever be, the WW GOAT which many people think
Till - Treated as if he is some "quality" win for Woodley but in reality the guy only got a title shot because he is from the UK and besides a win over an aging Cowboy and a "win" in a godawful "fight" against Wonderboy, he has done nothing
Luke Rockhold - No notable wins since 2015, wins are mostly outdated now, incredibly inactive
Alexander Gustaffson - Barely ever fights, virtually no notable wins and best performances were close losses
Mighty Mouse - fought embarrassing level of competition from 2014 on; is not even top 20 all time IMHO

Max Holloway, Amanda Nunes, and Tony Ferguson are all a lesser tier of overrated as I feel they all currently deserve their rankings but feel that they haven't fought certain styles of opponents I feel that would be dangerous to them and thus believe they could lose shortly

Last edited:
Many prospects tend to get over-rated. Logic is often no match for hope.

Sagat

Dudes a can crusher, beats up veterans, sumo wrestlers and asian girls, all to help out a despot. And he only knows ONE UPPERCUT!

Bj Penn..

Dude's been overrated his entire career. Well before he ever even started losing he was the most overrated hype job in MMA history.

All because he could jump out of a 3ft pool standing.
<mma4><mma4><mma4><mma4><mma4>

Shogun altho I've grown to like him more

Back