Name a better title fight than Gus v Jones

Couture/Rizzo I, Ortiz/F. Shamrock, Rampage/Hendo, Machida/Shogun I, Silva/Sonnen I, Hughes/Sherk, Hughes/Trigg II, Hughes/Penn II, Edgar/Maynard I & II, Pettis/Henderson I, Wand/Rampage I & II, Wand/Hendo II, Nog/Sylvia, and Nog/CroCop were all awesome fights but Jones/Gustafsson is right up there with them.

I didn't see the fight but nothing is better than Edgar/Maynard III.

I was out of town for that fight and recorded it and had to wait three days to watch it. I was so fucking obsessive about not finding out what happened. Jesus Christ was it worth the wait.

Favorite fight of all time.

Great fight but I preferred JDS vs Cain 2.

That was such a one sided ass beating it can't even be talked about in this context. Great fights are close fights.

I loved Cain/JDS II also, because I am a Cain fan but no way does it rank in greatest title fights, imo.

JDS/Cain II was amazing in that we truly saw what Cain can do, but it wasn't competitive in the slightest. It was an absolute mauling. I like Gus/Jones because it had the surprise factor on Gus's part and was also crazy competitive. We saw Jones losing, and dig deep to turn around.

That was such a one sided ass beating it can't even be talked about in this context. Great fights are close fights.

I loved Cain/JDS II also, because I am a Cain fan but no way does it rank in greatest title fights, imo.

I was unaware that a good fight had to be a razor-close one.

Fedor vs crocop
Fedor vs nog 1 and 3
Sonnen vs. Silva 1
Jds vs. cain 1

Lulz at Noob OP getting many a answers to his dare.

Loved the fight last night but thought both Edgar/Maynard title fights were better. Couture/Rizzo is a good call as well. Finally, dont forget Hughes/Trigg (either one) or Ortiz/ F. Shamrock...

Last edited:
Bendo vs Showtime 1! both have been awesome

Are we talking fights that went the distance? or do finishes to exciting fights count?

Silva vs Rampage 2
Hughes vs Trigg 2

Back