Name a better title fight than Gus v Jones

There were better fights than this one both title and non-title ones but its the best title fight in a while

Hendo vs rampage at ufc 75 i felt was comparable to this title fight.

I was there, loved that fight, but I'd have to say no.

The skill level in jones vs gus was on a much higher level and was so much more dramatic imo

It was the best fight I've ever seen. Gus taking down Bones, Bones struggling to take down Gus, a virtually unknown dude taking it to the #1 pound for pound fighter, Bones coming back in a round and almost finishing the standup fighter in the standup after looking like he could barely see and them just continuing to beat the crap out of each other while it looked like their bodies could not go on anymore. It was amazing.

And other little things like Gus throwing Jones' spinning elbow. But the kind of punishment Bones was taking and was coming back from and nearly finishing the fight really shows that he indeed has the heart of a champion.

It was the best fight I've ever seen. Gus taking down Bones, Bones struggling to take down Gus, a virtually unknown dude taking it to the #1 pound for pound fighter, Bones coming back in a round and almost finishing the standup fighter in the standup after looking like he could barely see and them just continuing to beat the crap out of each other while it looked like their bodies could not go on anymore. It was amazing.

And other little things like Gus throwing Jones' spinning elbow. But the kind of punishment Bones was taking and was coming back from and nearly finishing the fight really shows that he indeed has the heart of a champion.

In b4 shitstorm that you called Gus unknown, but I know what you mean, to the casual fan not many would know who he is.

Fedor vs Nog 1! That's how you treat the number 2 guys if you are number 1 :).

Kidding and bs decision aside this fight was absolutely fantastic. FOTY so far for sure.

Cant. Maybe Pettis vs Benson 1 or Frankie vs Gray 1 or 2.

Back