Naked, Unarmed Man Tripping on LSD Mauled by San Diego Police Dog

Split second decision? You know he's not concealing a weapon.

Or, they could've let him continue to wander around harmlessly in the canyon. Either way.

Maybe.

But I don't know the full story before the cameras started rolling.

I just can't even get behind the idea of LE using dogs to attack people regardless of whether they pose a serious threat or not.

Its barbaric and should have no place in our society, especially against our own citizens.

I agree.

We should just use hand-grenades when they barricade in spider-holes, attics, and garages.

Oh, so an officer should have to fight someone tripping on LSD?

After the pepper-spray and tazer failed to stop the attacker, it was either,

A.) Go hand-to-hand with some drugged up lunatic who is apparently immune to pain, and risk life and limb.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/12/1...-after-woman-kicks-him-during-dui-arrest.html

B.) Release the hound.

Good police work. Good dog.
Yes, they should have. There was no effort to de-escalate the situation. They gave one command and sent in the dog. I have worked in a prison and talked down schizophrenics with violent histories. All it takes is time and patience and you can get them to agree to come peacefully. They got the guy to climb out of the canyon and just gave up from there.

Yes, they should have. There was no effort to de-escalate the situation. They gave one command and sent in the dog. I have worked in a prison and talked down schizophrenics with violent histories. All it takes is time and patience and you can get them to agree to come peacefully. They got the guy to climb out of the canyon and just gave up from there.

When you worked "in a prison" (Wisconsin), did you commonly second-guess other officers split-second decisions?

You sound like a real joy to work with.

Maybe.

But I don't know the full story before the cameras started rolling.

I agree.

We should just use hand-grenades when they barricade in spider-holes, attics, and garages.

Not maybe. He was walking around in the canyon, and they ordered him up the side of the hill. There was no reason to have him come up unless they were going to give him a robe and some water or something. Committing violence against the citizens you are supposed to be protecting for no actual defensible reason of any kind is madness.

Oh, so an officer should have to fight someone tripping on LSD?

After the pepper-spray and tazer failed to stop the attacker, it was either,

A.) Go hand-to-hand with some drugged up lunatic who is apparently immune to pain, and risk life and limb.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/12/1...-after-woman-kicks-him-during-dui-arrest.html

B.) Release the hound.

Good police work. Good dog.

Are you kidding me? He was unarmed, and they had the numbers on their side.

When you worked "in a prison" (Wisconsin), did you commonly second-guess other officers split-second decisions?

LMAO @ "split second". What danger was there? He was naked. No chance of him having a weapon, they could see his hands as well. Stop boot licking, bruh.

Yes, we did because doing shit like that (using more force than necessary) creates climate issues and causes violence (inmate on staff, inmate on inmate) to increase and makes the job more dangerous. Using the least amount of force necessary is the best practice and those idiots went right to deadly force on a naked man they out numbered.

Byron Carter seems like one of those GWB era neocons who would love to live in a police state.

Absolutely disgusting actions by these cops. They are cowards and should be punished for their overreaction.

Full video found here
http://www.nbclosangeles.com/on-air...Naked_-Unarmed-Man_Los-Angeles-406134876.html

http://reason.com/blog/2016/12/16/police-dog-mauls-naked-unarmed-man-lsd

Officer justified K-9 attack because the man was on drugs and thus had "a high tolerance to pain,"
But-but, Sherdog tells me I should try LSD at least once!

Give that dog a @&$%# medal!

CnKru1vXEAAor15.jpg

Bouncers in a night club have a tougher job than police.

They actually have to remove people themselves. Not with guns and other weapons. In this case a dog.

And bouncers deal with everyone who is on drugs or fucked up drunk

Hahaha. He went from "NO NO NO!" to "ok" pretty quick.

They actually have to remove people themselves. Not with guns and other weapons. In this case a dog.

Lol. You're quite the gem.

Don't worry we don't have to worry about your 150lb wet and wearin' boots ass.

Lmfao

Wish I could fight you irl

Yeah I'm pretty sure he didn't have a gun hidden anywhere.

That was fucked up beyond words. That guy was no more a threat to the police than a sleepy toddler.

You hear the one cop yelling to secure his nearly gnawed-off leg "so he doesn't kick me"? Kick you? The dude isn't even moving a muscle, just laying there bleeding out. That's like when they empty their clip into somebody's chest, then roll him over and handcuff him. Lol I don't think he's going anywhere buddy.

Are you kidding me? He was unarmed, and they had the numbers on their side.

Back