• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Nakamura - Sink Or Swim?

I don't think you can separate a wrestling problem from an audience problem. The workers try more so the fans expect more...it's all related...a vicious cycle where no one wins and you get guys life Jeff Hardy who are my age but move like my grandmother.

Which I think proves my point about strong style not in itself being a problem. AJ and Nak are exactly the same age as Jeff. Nak was fighting Brock in Japan while Jeff was jumping off ladders in the US.

and Daniel Bryans favorite wrestler

LOL.

Strong Style doesn't mean it's a worked shoot. That's shoot style. You don't know shit about shit in wrestling. Stay down jabroni.

Oh', do explain how Daniel Bryan's favorite wrestler isn't simply discussing basic ring psychology. Sorry bud, but all that stuff about where the match begins, builds and ends isn't anything special.

Strong Style is widely recognized as a worked shoot, that incorporates martial arts maneuvers, and the words of Daniel Bryan's favorite wrestler doesn't change that. Now, I'm sure to some, "Strong Style" is a way of life that transcends mere definitions maaan, but to everyone else, it's idiots in the ring stiffing the shit out of each other.

LOL.

Oh', do explain how Daniel Bryan's favorite wrestler isn't simply discussing basic ring psychology. Sorry bud, but all that stuff about where the match begins, builds and ends isn't anything special.

Strong Style is widely recognized as a worked shoot, that incorporates martial arts maneuvers, and the words of Daniel Bryan's favorite wrestler doesn't change that. Now, I'm sure to some, "Strong Style" is a way of life that transcends mere definitions maaan, but to everyone else, it's idiots in the ring stiffing the shit out of each other.

https://storify.com/reasonjp/yuji-nagata-on-shibata-never-strong-style

Here is the transcript.

If you go by Tanahashi it's working stiff, along with Nagata's explanation.

http://yottsumepuroresu.blogspot.com/2014/05/njpw-hiroshi-tanahashi-talks-about.html

Anti Strong Style
I’ve always thought, “Pro-wrestling is not supposed to choose their viewers”. This is what I’ve learned through my experience from Lucha Libre in Mexico. From children to the elderly of all ages can enjoy and get excited when it comes to Lucha. The masked wreslters high in the air, the excited old woman cursing at Rudos (heels), and children running around the venue cheer and applaud brightening their eyes for the climax of the match.
“Pro-wrestling is mass entertainment. This is the original scenery of wrestling.”
We’re not some dining run by an opinionated old man, and should never be that way. We shouldn’t put our product in the audience’s face and rant, “This is how we do it! And you should appreciate it!” We should make it enjoyable for everyone.
But when I came back to Japan, everything was still the same, people claiming, “We’re going with strongstyle!” Punching each other in the face until either one coughs up blood, kicking someone in the face, taking things beyond the ring and resulting in title matches ending in a muddled way. Having the fans all going home with gloomy mood.
Would they ever want to come back for another show after what they’ve seen? How are the first-timers supposed to enjoy all of that?
And when I look around the venue with that in mind, I noticed that all the kids and female fans that once flooded the venue were all gone.
That’s why I decided that the first thing I'd do was get rid of Strong Style. I ventured to say, “Strong Style is only a word. It’s a curse.”

And around 2007, I removed the large portrait of NJPW’s founder Antonio Inoki from the dojo. My excuse was “Now that he’s not here anymore, why don’t we take it off already?” (Although it’s a common notion that “Tanahashi removed the portrait”, it was actually the manager of the dojo Kuniaki Kobayashi who had done it.)
My actions aroused severe criticism among the OBs and old fans.
“How dare he get rid of Strong Style.”
“Tanahashi does not deserve Strong Style.”
So I asked them back,
“What exactly is this ‘Strong Style’ that you speak of?”
No one was able to give me a clear answer for my question.
A little while ago, when I talked with Inoki for a magazine interview, I asked him in person
“What exactly is ‘Strong Style’? ”
Inoki answered
“It’s something that people around me brought up on their own.”
I responded, “I figured.”
Pro-wrestling is “Image industry” in a way. Inoki professed “Strong Style” to generate such a big boom, and created “Inoki believers”. My father and I both love Inoki. Now that I think about it, Inoki should have brought that Strong Style with him (when he left NJPW).
It is without a doubt that the image of “NJPW as strongest” helped gain popularity for the company. And even after the Strong Style has lost its magical power, people were clinging on to it.
That’s why I appealed, “We can’t go on like this.”
And in that same interview, Inoki also stated
“When are you going to stop scrambling for a pie that I made so long ago!?”
So I promptly answered,
“I’m going to bring a new pie on the table!”
Inoki grinned and replied,
“I like that. Let your seniors retire already!”

Sourced and Tana says it's a meme. It's not anything. So we have two guys who were at the top of the food chain who don't refer to it as a worked shoot.

You just have your stupid opinion.

Sourced and Tana says it's a meme. It's not anything. So we have two guys who were at the top of the food chain who don't refer to it as a worked shoot.

Worked shoot, working stiff....

Whatever the fuck you want to call it. Strong Style is when two guys beat the ever living piss out of each other for real, in a pro-wrestling match.

You just have your stupid opinion.

It's not an opinion. It's the widely accepted definition of the style.

You can go now.

Worked shoot, working stiff....

Whatever the fuck you want to call it. Strong Style is when two guys beat the ever living piss out of each other for real, in a pro-wrestling match.

It's not an opinion. It's the widely accepted definition of the style.

You can go now.

Working stiff is not the same as a worked shoot.

I don't care what you think is widely accepted by you and a bunch of plebs on the internet. I have indisputable words from the guys who work and were top guys in their respected craft. One of them rejected the idea the other whole heartedly accepted it.

Take a bump, lift some weights, hit the showers, and get a clue.

Working stiff is not the same as a worked shoot.

It essentially is. The term "worked shoot" is a bit of an oxymoron anyways.

I don't care what you think is widely accepted by you and a bunch of plebs on the internet. I have indisputable words from the guys who work and were top guys in their respected craft. One of them rejected the idea the other whole heartedly accepted it.

So it clearly is disputable then.

Regardless, all Nagata was doing was talking about ring psychology, and trying to make it sound unique to "strong style". Putting lipstick on a pig, if you will.

Take a bump, lift some weights, hit the showers, and get a clue.

When's your next match?

It essentially is. The term "worked shoot" is a bit of an oxymoron anyways.

So it clearly is disputable then.

Regardless, all Nagata was doing was talking about ring psychology, and trying to make it sound unique to "strong style". Putting lipstick on a pig, if you will.

When's your next match?

Next month

Big Nak making chicken salad out of chicken shit.

None of that says anything about what strong style is. It's a guy waxing poetic over typical booking of how a match goes. He's just talking about basic ring psychology, and pretending it's somehow more special when Japan does it.

Strong style is a worked shoot. It is indeed all Inoki. If you want to add some extra bells and whistles on the definition, go right ahead, but the general idea surrounding Strong Style is that it's a worked shoot.

I repeat, get a clue.

You know you're describing Shoot Style right?

BH is absolutely right, Strong Style isn't just working stiff and it's damn sure not simulating a shoot. Watch UWFi to see what shoot style actually looks like, and note the differences. One is representing wrestling as a structured martial art with varied techniques incorporated from real fighting styles, and the other is literally simulating a fight. They don't even look the same.

And aside from that, current day NJPW doesn't even to adhere to the Strong Style philosophy with the exception of some of the guys that have been around the block. They're basically running King's Road matches these days, just like Baba's AJPW. Come on son.

You know you're describing Shoot Style right?

BH is absolutely right, Strong Style isn't just working stiff and it's damn sure not simulating a shoot. Watch UWFi to see what shoot style actually looks like, and note the differences. One is representing wrestling as a structured martial art with varied techniques incorporated from real fighting styles, and the other is literally simulating a fight. They don't even look the same.

And yet, Nakamura is known as the "King Of Strong Style", and his matches are of the "shoot style" you describe.

Look, I'm not going to get into some nerdy metalhead type discussion, where we discuss the minute intricacies of two nearly identical styles. Literally nobody cares. Nak is known for "strong style" and strong style is gay.

And aside from that, current day NJPW doesn't even to adhere to the Strong Style philosophy with the exception of some of the guys that have been around the block. They're basically running King's Road matches these days, just like Baba's AJPW. Come on son.

Didn't some guy just headbutt himself into retirement in NJPW?

Anyways, who cares? Let's talk more about how Nak sucks, and is going nowhere in the WWE.

And yet, Nakamura is known as the "King Of Strong Style", and his matches are of the "shoot style" you describe.

Look, I'm not going to get into some nerdy metalhead type discussion, where we discuss the minute intricacies of two nearly identical styles. Literally nobody cares. Nak is known for "strong style" and strong style is gay.

Didn't some guy just headbutt himself into retirement in NJPW?

Anyways, who cares? Let's talk more about how Nak sucks, and is going nowhere in the WWE.

Sorry dude, this post is an abortion on multiple different levels. Jeez.

How you can call Nakamura shoot style is beyond me. Just false.

How you can also not know that Shibata is "one of those guys whose been around the block" just serves to indicate that on this topic, you're way out of your depth. We should stop talking about it.

Sorry dude, this post is an abortion on multiple different levels. Jeez.

How you can call Nakamura shoot style is beyond me. Just false.

How you can also not know that Shibata is "one of those guys whose been around the block" just serves to indicate that on this topic, you're way out of your depth. We should stop talking about it.

Or I'm just not going around in circles again with you, like I did with BH. Even he eventually said the terms were disputable by folks in the biz. Whatever though. I don't really care.

We're getting off the point here though. The point being is that Nak sucks and his "strong/shoot/spaghetti/whatever the fuck style you want to say he is known for, is terrible.

Or I'm just not going around in circles again with you, like I did with BH. Even he eventually said the terms were disputable by folks in the biz. Whatever though. I don't really care.

We're getting off the point here though. The point being is that Nak sucks and his "strong/shoot/spaghetti/whatever the fuck style you want to say he is known for, is terrible.

We already had a PWD poll for this, you loooooost. Let it goooooooooo.

tenor.gif

Back