Nakamura - Sink Or Swim?

Amazingly he's been back for a while and behaving. I think they finally found him some meds that work.

@LuchaBear

giphy.webp

Full disclosure, I think Nak is an indy darling, flash in the pan, who will struggle on the main roster. He has zero promo skills, and a wrestling style that can merely keep up with the usual flippery-do bullshit his ilk provides on a daily basis. There is nothing special about the guy in terms of his in-ring ability.

I hear he has "charisma", but have yet to understand what "charisma" he possesses. Is it because he acts like a spastic child in the ring? Is it his leather outfits? Where does this supposed "charisma" lye?

Anyways, you know how I feel. What do you think of this overrated Japanese superstar?

EDIT - I was 100% right, dorks.
what you think every talent the wwe wastes was like that before vince mcmahon got through with them?

what you think every talent the wwe wastes was like that before vince mcmahon got through with them?

No, I just think Nak sucks, and his failure to make much of an impact had nothing to do with Vince. The ceiling is only so high for a sloppy wrestler who can't speak English.

I made that prediction right at the beginning of his WWE run, so it's not like he was already being buried by Jinder when I decided not to be impressed. I knew that guy wouldn't add up to jack shit in the WWE. His sloppy ass strong style doesn't fit in the west, and he can't speak English. It wasn't a hard prediction to make. Just another overrated smarky mark hero.

A United States title reign, Intercontinental title reign and a World Tag Team Championship reign, I'd say he's doing fine so far.

Wait so winning the Royal Rumble, headlining PPVs and having a WWE world heavyweight championship at WrestleMania is sinking....

I get it, op thinks he sucks, hell so do I.....but he's done shit alot of guys will never get close to in WWE.....so unless he was supposed to make a idk Rock like crossover......I don't know what the initial prediction was

Honestly, just because a wrestler doesn't win the world championship, doesn't make them a failure, just a midcard guy and a pretty successful one at that. I mean US champ, IC champ and Tag Team champ is not a bad resume all things considered.

49e2ek.jpg

49e2ek

Wait so winning the Royal Rumble, headlining PPVs and having a WWE world heavyweight championship at WrestleMania is sinking....

I get it, op thinks he sucks, hell so do I.....but he's done shit alot of guys will never get close to in WWE.....so unless he was supposed to make a idk Rock like crossover......I don't know what the initial prediction was

<PlusJuan>

I was very vocal during the "Swagsuke," era that he was not nor would he ever be the greatest rassler in the world...but the dude has had a decent run in WWE and saying he's sinking because he's never going to sniff Hogan levels of success is dumb.

<PlusJuan>

I was very vocal during the "Swagsuke," era that he was not nor would he ever be the greatest rassler in the world...but the dude has had a decent run in WWE and saying he's sinking because he's never going to sniff Hogan levels of success is dumb.

Some fans are so desperate for a wrestler to fail that they would make ridiculous leaps of logic in order to justify their opinions.

This thread is funny because he didn’t sink or swim. He just floated on his back collecting checks

I will allow this distinction. He sure as hell played the WWE for fools, in making them believe they signed the next big thing, only to find out they emptied the bank on Tajiri 2.0.

I'm not a huge fan of Nakamura's attire, entrance, gestures, but I like his wrestling.

that said, I think he's somewhere in the middle. he's done some things a lot more popular guys might never do, all combined, but he's not exactly upper echelon.

Back