Media Mystic Ben Askren

I’m not a Ben Askren fan, but you gotta admit he had one of the most entertaining UFC runs ever.

Thats what i will always give McG props for.... he talked a whole bunch of shit but backed it up for the most part. That’s the most difficult part.
Except for when he lost, then it was nothing but excuses.

Ben Askren > Robbie Lawler

Ben Askren > Shinya Aoki

Ben Askren > Douglas Lima

SHOW SOME @&$#% RESPECT!!!

When?

He is moving the entire time
Moving his arm out of the way of defending, off to the side for no particular reason other than losing control of your limb so he could take a full shot directly to his face with his eyes closed.... K... Lol

He shouldn't have got the win? Lol I thought it was pretty obvious....
How do you figure?

Because you think it should've been stopped means he shouldn't have gotten the win? The ref stopped the fight because he thought a fighter was out, and that fighter he thought was out was not Askren.

How do you figure?

Because you think it should've been stopped means he shouldn't have gotten the win? The ref stopped the fight because he thought a fighter was out, and that fighter he thought was out was not Askren.
Yes, I think the fight should have been stopped when Ben Askren was knocked out..... I again, thought that was obvious.

Yes, I think the fight should have been stopped when Ben Askren was knocked out..... I again, thought that was obvious.
Good thing you're not a ref because nobody was knocked out and only one fighters arm went limp.

CautiousFondArcticseal-size_restricted.gif

This must sting for you

source.gif

So keep your terrible opinion to yourself next time

Last edited:
This and I find it hilarious that anyone tries to deny that Robbie Lawler slept him with ground and pound. His arm goes limp exactly the same way it went limp when Askren sent him to another planet.

So you don't know what slept means

Moving his arm out of the way of defending, off to the side for no particular reason other than losing control of your limb so he could take a full shot directly to his face with his eyes closed.... K... Lol
How delusional can a person be?

Are you making a huge deal about Ben going out for a milisecond and the fight not being stopped? The kind of stuff happens all of the time in MMA. Lots of fighters recover from flash KOs.

Do you really love Robbie so much that you are this salty about it still?

How delusional can a person be?

Are you making a huge deal about Ben going out for a milisecond and the fight not being stopped? The kind of stuff happens all of the time in MMA. Lots of fighters recover from flash KOs.

Do you really love Robbie so much that you are this salty about it still?
Lol your logic is non existent.

I cant recall one fighter signing with the UFC and claim to look to be a gate keeper or a journey man.
Ben signed at 34 being undefeated and a champion.
He had no more time playing the humble card, he had to make waves fast and nothing better for this than trashtalking.
Even there he played it smart not going for basic slurs and gangsta mentality like most fighters.
But there are still some people not to understand that and throw ape shit to the guy.
Every one got an opinion Im okay with that but Ben was never a can or a journey man.

I've been an Askren hater from the get go, but i will say one thing about Askren that really surprised me.
He can handle a loss significantly better than i expected in addition to better than most other fighters as well.
And i don't mean that as a backhanded dig, the dude legitimately surprised me with how humble and classy he was which is the exact opposite of what i expected.

If the GIF was 5 seconds longer you would've seen Askren go limp.

I think we should be thankful for all the attention he brings to the sport. We talked a lot about him and his fights and at least there was a lot of discussion regarding him. Which makes it entertaining, and at the end of the day that’s what it’s all about

why bother man. His "fans" are in denial about his skills. Acting like he won against robbie. That shit was a gift from herb. No matter how they wanna spin it.

Askren was simply not good enough, he even said it himself. Hell, if i remember correctly he even said "if i had won the robbie fight" during his latest interview with ariel.

why bother man. His "fans" are in denial about his skills. Acting like he won against robbie. That shit was a gift from herb. No matter how they wanna spin it.

Askren was simply not good enough, he even said it himself. Hell, if i remember correctly he even said "if i had won the robbie fight" during his latest interview with ariel.
This is true.

I remeber when he explain how we didn't need to stand up because he would just not get hit . I couldn't understand for the life of me how he can justify being one dimensional .

Back