My thoughs on JDS vs Cain 2

Quite a wall of text, didn't read. Quite arrogant of you to say it's a Must Read though.

In spite of the thread title, I did not read that wall of text.

Learn to be concise with your thoughts.

What was Cain/Rothwell meant to prove to me again? That Cain has slow GNP? What I saw in that fight was a single minded domination from Cain, where he used chain-TDs to wear Rothwell out.

Cain has one problem in my mind - he doesn't hold guys down very well. Great at getting them down, but he lets guys up a little too easily. That definitely happened in the Rothwell fight, but other than that it was a one sided ass kicking for the ages.

A gameplan. A calculated risk. One fighter forgoing crispness, cleanness and technique and opting for volume and tenacity instead. Cain sacrificed those things and his own energy level because he banked on JDS being in a worse state. It created opportunities. Striking, scrambling, clinching opportunities. Making the fight fast and sloppy helped nullify JDS strength and gave Cain the best opportunity to win.

On JDS' part, he didn't just fight with his hands down. He was worn down. Fatigue makes fighters sloppy. Yes, he slowed fast but any HW would at the freakish pace that was set. He was bombarded. He couldn't get set much less become the aggressor. We've seen examples before of better technical strikers having trouble by getting pushed hard if they can't adjust.

The fight didn't necessarily look pretty. But it was far from lacking great skill. Cain picked a gameplan, followed it, and it worked brilliantly. Classic performance.

I know all of this things come into play but sometimes its not good to overanalize things and look at the obvious.

Btw people are getting the (must read) thing way to seriously i just putted it there to get more people to read the whole thread since its a little long.

i love it when people put MUST READ in the title

like this is something groundbreaking that we cant afford to miss

Btw people are getting the (must read) thing way to seriously i just putted it there to get more people to read the whole thread since its a little long.

haah come on brother you cant blame us

btw i didnt read shit but i get the feeling that you are trying to get more jds support and i agree 100% with it

I know all of this things come into play but sometimes its not good to overanalize things and look at the obvious.

Over analyzing? It was obvious what was happening. You could see Dos Santos visibly slow from the pace. You could visibly see that it was keeping him from getting any offense going and opening him up for Cain. It was clear. I don't see how anybody could miss it.

418017_313472308763894_1025120945_n.jpg

JDS bought into the cain hype and forgot that his best defensive is his offense.

Over analyzing? It was obvious what was happening. You could see Dos Santos visibly slow from the pace. You could visibly see that it was keeping him from getting any offense going and opening him up for Cain. It was clear. I don't see how anybody could miss it.

There are many factors that affect a fight outcome, skipping some obvious ones to use a more technical analizys is also a mistake.

JDS had a bad night just admmit it.

TS, tell me how a striker with great TDD is one dimensional, but a wrestler with average striking is great all around?

There are many factors that affect a fight outcome, skipping some obvious ones to use a more technical analizys is also a mistake.

JDS had a bad night just admmit it.

And there is a reason. A great fighter beat another great fighter using a particular strategy. I don't see what's so hard to get. I"m sorry if you have trouble analyzing fights. Keep watching. You should get better at it. Eventually you'll be able to actually see why a fighter has a bad night and what went wrong for them.

They should just ban u because of how many times you yourself said youd get banned

I'm glad to see someone stand up to the evil mods and be a martyr for the cause of whatever you're championing. I read your dredge and it's definitely not a MUST READ. It's your opinion and you want to feel like you're doing something great and standing up against the evil mods that are out to get you.

1) I don't think you're trolling.
2) This is just you're opinion. It's poorly worded and redundant. There's no new material here.
3) This is the furthest thing from a must read.
4) You can take your self aggrandizing opinion somewhere where someone cares. We're all minions around here. This board doesn't need another self important individual, but they continue to flood in by the day.

I'm glad to see someone stand up to the evil mods and be a martyr for the cause of whatever you're championing. I read your dredge and it's definitely not a MUST READ. It's your opinion and you want to feel like you're doing something great and standing up against the evil mods that are out to get you.

1) I don't think you're trolling.
2) This is just you're opinion. It's poorly worded and redundant. There's no new material here.
3) This is the furthest thing from a must read.
4) You can take your self aggrandizing opinion somewhere where someone cares. We're all minions around here. This board doesn't need another self important individual, but they continue to flood in by the day.

Thanks for the reply, i know i look arrogant but trust me that wasnt what i was trying to display here... You are right this is just my opinion and i think its not as bad as you point out but i respect that.

I completely disagree that Velasquez has slow GNP or that no other heavyweight could have risen from the takedowns as JDS did. Velasquez has used a multitude of GNP strategies during his fights. There is evidence of him trying to remain heavy (a la santos 2, Kongo 1st/2nd round), him opening up (Kongo rd 3, rothwell 1st rd), etc. The man is very intelligent and not overly risky while having a solid finish rate.

I agree with you about the adrenalin dump but it effected both fighters. Both men were much slower after the opening frame. Why santos wasn't opening up was a simple matter of him getting taken down. If he would have unloaded, then Velasquez would have landed in more dominate positions & be able to keep santos down. With santos playing defense, he at least was able to scramble to position he could escape from.

If santos wants to be more effect against Velasquez, he better get in better shape & do more than punch. I would focus on clinch fighting strategies...

Back