My thoughs on JDS vs Cain 2

HC Daniel

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Hey whats up guys first of all i have to say that i might lose my account after this but it doesnt matter ive lost many before just because i really expressed myself and if a MOD considers this trolling then go ahead and hit the Ban Hammer.

I do this because i cant stand all the hate and trolling JDS is receiving after his rematch with Cain despite i predicted the outcome.

So i begin, first of all JDS was bastly overrated in this site, i had no idea why everyone was picking JDS to KTFO Cain again that easy. Go check my post historial youll see i never agreed with these people.

I was very surprised because guys with 5000 plus posts were also claiming the same thing and those guys have managed to keep their account despite talking alot of shit.

That being said lets move to the fight, IMO what caused JDS gassing in the 1st minutes was nothing but an adrenaline dump, Cain went for the takedown right away wich tells you alot about how much he respects JDS

Last edited:
JDS gameplan was too defensive. That's pretty much why Cain won. The only way JDS will beat Cain in a rematch is either if he vastly improves his defensive gameplan, or if he uses a more offensive gameplan which would be more riskier but probably suits his fighting style more. Against Cain he will probably be unable to step in with a few punches and then back out like he usually does. He will have to either commit to moving forward or like I said perfect a defensive style to deal with countering takedowns.

JDS is overrated and underrated on this site. People that refer to him as "HW GOAT" are overrating him, and people that consider him a sloppy brawler are underrating him.

... how is this a "must read"? It's your opinion, and it's effectively a repeat of countless other threads about this fight that have been posted since Saturday.

I just finished reading the TS' entire post and it's actually very bad and definitely not a must read.

I just finished reading the TS' entire post and it's actually very bad and definitely not a must read.

This. But maybe he's from Mexico?

How to beat a 1-Dimensional Striker who comes foward: Apply Pressure, Use Good Defense or Head Movement, and threaten with a TD. Rinse and Repeat.

Fedor used it on Cro Cop

Cain used it on JDS

Doesn't mean overeem will beat JDS lol Overeem would batter him. That said, JDS looked weird, dunno if he was unjured but that weird

I hate this term "adrenaline dump" there are so many quotes on energy in a fight

Second and even third wind
Gased out

I can live with these but not adrenaline dump, I just really hate it for some reason.

JDS gameplan was too defensive. That's pretty much why Cain won. The only way JDS will beat Cain in a rematch is either if he vastly improves his defensive gameplan, or if he uses a more offensive gameplan which would be more riskier but probably suits his fighting style more. Against Cain he will probably be unable to step in with a few punches and then back out like he usually does. He will have to either commit to moving forward or like I said perfect a defensive style to deal with countering takedowns.

i thought he was doing excellent until he got knocked down, he was shrugging off cain's takedowns like he was covered in butter, he just got too worried about the takedowns and got caught with his hands down and the wrong time. after the knockdown he was clearly not the same fighter throughout the remainder of the fight.

Well...

10852374did_not_read.gif

I was watching the fight with 7 friends who bought the Cain hype that was playing everyday on Fox Sports and they all went home dissapointed, the card was awful except for Lauzon vs Miller i can tell they had the time of their life watching that one and i loved explaining every thing that was going on.

You must be really annoying to be around during fights.

What a waste of time. You never trained any combat sport it's glaring through ignorance.

i thought he was doing excellent until he got knocked down, he was shrugging off cain's takedowns like he was covered in butter, he just got too worried about the takedowns and got caught with his hands down and the wrong time. after the knockdown he was clearly not the same fighter throughout the remainder of the fight.

Yeah I think what JDS could work on is captializing on Cain's failed TDs. When Cain failed the TD often he was just on the mat. JDS probably did not attack because a wrestler like Cain will still be dangerous from that position. But I mean if JDS just attacked and force Cain to pull guard from that sprawled position, it could have been a different fight. Easier said then done, but it could be very good for JDS to learn how to attack like that because his TDD is very good.

You should leave the community today, now.

Back