My thoughs on JDS vs Cain 2

is the fact that they were both elite fighters and hence were able to make each other look bad in their respective strengths .That's the way it usually plays out in all competitive endeavors.
I,for one,enjoyed the fight very much and can't help but be amazed at Cain's improvement and JDS's heart:Velasquez came out with a wicked game plan based on relentless pressure and fearlesness and it fought like his career depended on it against a power striker and an athletic specimen of a fighter in 2Santos.With a heart like that I can see him coming stronger and better,I do not envy his next opponent!

So, you're explaining to your friends about mma when you clearly can't appreciate what is happening?

Didn't read, just wanted to post and say this thread sucks because the TS claimed it was a must-read.

Explain to me what happened.

A gameplan. A calculated risk. One fighter forgoing crispness, cleanness and technique and opting for volume and tenacity instead. Cain sacrificed those things and his own energy level because he banked on JDS being in a worse state. It created opportunities. Striking, scrambling, clinching opportunities. Making the fight fast and sloppy helped nullify JDS strength and gave Cain the best opportunity to win.

On JDS' part, he didn't just fight with his hands down. He was worn down. Fatigue makes fighters sloppy. Yes, he slowed fast but any HW would at the freakish pace that was set. He was bombarded. He couldn't get set much less become the aggressor. We've seen examples before of better technical strikers having trouble by getting pushed hard if they can't adjust.

The fight didn't necessarily look pretty. But it was far from lacking great skill. Cain picked a gameplan, followed it, and it worked brilliantly. Classic performance.

"To end things up i would have to say i cant wait to see a rematch between these 2 and if i get banned it was a pleasure to post in this forum because if i get banned for this i wont post here anymore im retiring from the community."

You could have just left it at that. Best of luck with retirement.

Every time someone puts "must read" in their title it triggers a large amount of b.s./hate responses. Best not to do it.

The most sure way to know something is most certainly not a must read is if it has ( must read ) in the title.

A gameplan. A calculated risk. One fighter forgoing crispness, cleanness and technique and opting for volume and tenacity instead. Cain sacrificed those things and his own energy level because he banked on JDS being in a worse state. It created opportunities. Striking, scrambling, clinching opportunities. Making the fight fast and sloppy helped nullify JDS strength and gave Cain the best opportunity to win.

On JDS' part, he didn't just fight with his hands down. He was worn down. Fatigue makes fighters sloppy. Yes, he slowed fast but any HW would at the freakish pace that was set. He was bombarded. He couldn't get set much less become the aggressor. We've seen examples before of better technical strikers having trouble by getting pushed hard if they can't adjust.

The fight didn't necessarily look pretty. But it was far from lacking great skill. Cain picked a gameplan, followed it, and it worked brilliantly. Classic performance.

This guy now own this thread and TS ass.

So i begin, first of all JDS was bastly overrated in this site.

JDS was not overrated. He knock Cain the f'ck out the first time around in quick and easy fashion. Obviously people would pick for JDS to win in the rematch.

Ive always think Cain is slow, yeah slow hes gnp is amazingly slow and it doesnt have power either if it wasnt because of that one time where he dropped big nog and finished him on the ground nobody would have nothing to say about this, his stoppage over Ben Rothwell tells you alot about his other stoppages, he would never finish Ben properly, what is properly? watch JDS finish Cain via strikes thats how you finish someone on the ground, watch Carwin finish Mir via strikes thats how real gnp looks like.

This is beyond retarded and dumb. JDS finish Cain with GnP because Cain was already done for from getting smash with the overhand.

Carwin is a monster who is naturally a Super HW. Comparing the two is idiotic. And he had hurt Mir badly from the feet before he went for GnP.

Cain has shown that he can finish people with GnP. Lesnar and Bigfoot are prime examples. He also KO Big Nog who for the first and only time in Nog's career. And also as for Rothwell, he is known for having a strong chin who can take hits. Look at his fight against Gilbert Yvel.

JDS has an amazing chin which is why he was not finished. However as the rounds went by, so did Cain's energy tank, so his power was not the same in the later rounds.

generally not a very good analysis - seems like you just want to gloat, or maybe you're annoyoed by jds 'fans' who were considering jds a lock and gave anyone picking cain a hard time

maybe next time, focus on the analysis and dont try to attack the haters or address the mods, that ruined the rest of the post, which wasnt that good either

cain is a beast and a finisher - if you dont see how much damage he did to jds, i guess, you already disqualify yourself

also, jds isnt vastly overrated, this fight was a coin toss and jds might win next time - theres just a lot more fail going on, although it does seem like you understand the strategy of fighting somewhat

JDS reminded me of Maximus after Commodus put the blade in his side.

Back