My third fight is coming up! Representing my gym and Sherdog!

Snolla

Brown Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
UPDATE 3: Here's the video:

UPDATE 2: I won this one. I underestimated his striking a little bit (though I knew he had been working on it). Here's my round by round experience (from memory as I have not yet watched the fight.)

Round 1: He came out hard and was winging hooks at me. I used footwork and takedown defense to land a bunch of leg kicks and maybe a few straights. He did take me down but I put him in guard and he didn't land any GnP. When he did get off me and I tried to get up he blasted me with and illegal head kick and follow up punches. The reff let me recover for a bit.

Round 2: Don't remember this one much haha I just remember seeing he was getting tired and I was smiling because I knew I was fine and he was gassing a bit. He came out in round 1 HARD so I had a feeling he would be gassing soon (and he was). I just kept hitting him with leg kicks and counter straights. My cornerman told me to put hands on him a bit more. I may have hit him with an illegal upkick and I think in the fight I said we were 1-1 in illegal blows and we laughed a bit lolol

Round 3: More of the same. I was still landing leg kicks and I noticed he REALLY didn't like them at this point and they were stunning him pretty bad. I felt the straight counter was there easy at this point but I let him lead. I'm a counter striker at heart and I was parrying and landing my straights. He got my back standing and sent me for a ride but he couldn't capitalize on it and I ended up on top for most of round 3.

Outcome: Close fight. Could have gone either way. My striking consistency, takedown defense, and spending most of round 3 on top of him closed it out in my favour. If he had landed on top of me in round 3, he very well could have got the decision. I just tried to stay compose and keep my hit count up throughout all his judo and pressure.

Thanks for the support guys!

UPDATE: My opponent and I are both ON WEIGHT. LFG! We got ourselves a fight! I'm also fighting first and I'm going to give it everything I got in the tank. If I'm not gassed as shit by the end of round 3, I didn't do my job. This is no "30%" game. Manage my gas for three rounds intelligently, and make sure it's spent by the end.

Just wanted to share this. I'll be taking on my third MMA opponent in a few weeks. I'll post my last two fights at the bottom of this thread. My record is 1-0-1. I'm mainly a striker but I'm a BJJ purple belt as well. He's a BJJ purple, Judo black, and no hands (according to my coach lol). I expect a tough fight and for him to try and give me the Khabib treatment, so this camp I have been focusing on take down defense, circling to the center, jabs, 1-2's, uppercuts to counter how he likes to duck his head, and leg kicks. Fundamentals all day.

PPV Link:
https://www.crowdcast.io/e/mfl-19

205338780_10218534188361591_1429811268194455489_n.jpg

First Fight:

Second Fight:

Here's my opponents last fight. He's had 3 in 2016 and none got out of the first round.

He doesn't seem to react to well to getting hit, and I'm going to try and use this to my advantage. He is a legit grappler though. We will see how this pans out and I'm excited!

Last edited:
Good luck! Glad to see the amateur scene back at it. Do you plan on going pro at any point?
I'm just racking up a bit of experience in AMA win or lose. Then ya I will be going pro. I'm 32 and I plan on being pro by late 33/early 34.

Totally realize I'm late to the game, but the way I see it... I've been training hard in kickboxing and bjj for over a decade and the only reason I want to fight pro is to actually get paid lol I fight amateur for fun but it costs me money travelling and all that.

If I can fight AND get paid that's a win win for me. I have no aspirations of being in the UFC or anything but maybe PFC/One Fc if I was able to put a win streak together.

Thinking I have until my late 30's to enjoy fighting and then continue on in BJJ or something when I'm a bit to old for the cage.

First fight was a slobbahknokkah lol

Second fight was much more enjoyable to watch - bah a draw - ya won that!

Funny story there....
First fight I was being cautious because I had no experience and I knew he was a street fighter. Street fighters are untrained but also VERY unpredictable (hence the superman punch he opened with)

The second fight though....
That man's gym sponsers MFL, the judges are his friends, AND IT WAS HIS BIRTHDAY lmao

I was brought in to lose that fight but I wasn't planning on losing that fucking fight. I believe I had rounds 1/2, he got saved by the bell in round 1, and he had 3.

Good to see the world returning to normal, especially regional MMA. All the best to you! Canadian MMA has especially been hit hard since they shut down all the gyms and events across the country. At least you are in Quebec, imagine being in Ontario.....
Haha I'm living in Ontario and I'm forced to drive 10 hours every time I want to fight!
Fucking illegal here to begin with, let alone Covid.

I'm just racking up a bit of experience in AMA win or lose. Then ya I will be going pro. I'm 32 and I plan on being pro by late 33/early 34.

Totally realize I'm late to the game, but the way I see it... I've been training hard in kickboxing and bjj for over a decade and the only reason I want to fight pro is to actually get paid lol I fight amateur for fun but it costs me money travelling and all that.

If I can fight AND get paid that's a win win for me. I have no aspirations of being in the UFC or anything but maybe PFC/One Fc if I was able to put a win streak together.

Thinking I have until my late 30's to enjoy fighting and then continue on in BJJ or something when I'm a bit to old for the cage.

That's a good way to look at it. As long as you don't expect to be the next Conor McGregor you can make the most of it and have fun at that age.

Back