My third fight is coming up! Representing my gym and Sherdog!

Is this today? Here's hoping you get something for your highlight reel! Much respect.

UPDATE: My opponent and I are both ON WEIGHT. LFG! We got ourselves a fight! I'm also fighting first and I'm going to give it everything I got in the tank. If I'm not gassed as shit by the end of round 3, I didn't do my job. This is no "30%" game. Manage my gas for three rounds intelligently, and make sure it's spent by the end.

Just wanted to share this. I'll be taking on my third MMA opponent in a few weeks. I'll post my last two fights at the bottom of this thread. My record is 1-0-1. I'm mainly a striker but I'm a BJJ purple belt as well. He's a BJJ purple, Judo black, and no hands (according to my coach lol). I expect a tough fight and for him to try and give me the Khabib treatment, so this camp I have been focusing on take down defense, circling to the center, jabs, 1-2's, uppercuts to counter how he likes to duck his head, and leg kicks. Fundamentals all day.

PPV Link:
https://www.crowdcast.io/e/mfl-19

205338780_10218534188361591_1429811268194455489_n.jpg

First Fight:

Second Fight:

Here's my opponents last fight. He's had 3 in 2016 and none got out of the first round.

He doesn't seem to react to well to getting hit, and I'm going to try and use this to my advantage. He is a legit grappler though. We will see how this pans out and I'm excited!

Why are you sharing your gameplan on a public forum for the same sport?! Completely giving away who u are to ur opponent

Always backing a Sherbro in a competition!

Good luck man! Hope camp is well and you are healthy and rested. That's awesome you're back at it! Have fun most of all.
I wouldn't say he didn't have hands either. He closed the space with a shuffle step and did take that punch alright and was able to crack that guy with a right hook. Who knows what his timing and speed will be like after 5 years though. Guys that like to instinctually throw rights and wing it can be susceptible to a quick left hook. But fuck me and unwanted observations.
You're going to do your thing and that's all that matters!

CONGRATS @Snolla :) that's really cool! Just discovered this thread and watched the other 2 fights you posted.

Good luck man! Hope camp is well and you are healthy and rested. That's awesome you're back at it! Have fun most of all.
I wouldn't say he didn't have hands either. He closed the space with a shuffle step and did take that punch alright and was able to crack that guy with a right hook. Who knows what his timing and speed will be like after 5 years though. Guys that like to instinctually throw rights and wing it can be susceptible to a quick left hook. But fuck me and unwanted observations.
You're going to do your thing and that's all that matters!
He came out swinging haha. Kicked me in the head when I was down too lmao

Why are you sharing your gameplan on a public forum for the same sport?! Completely giving away who u are to ur opponent
My game-plan is no secret. We both knew coming in what the other had planned to do :)
I respect what your saying though.

My game-plan is no secret. We both knew coming in what the other had planned to do :)
I respect what your saying though.
Oh thats different then lol
Btw, congrats on the win, Sherbro!

edit: did this happen in a small town? Are both of you from the same area?

Oh thats different then lol
Btw, congrats on the win, Sherbro!

edit: did this happen in a small town? Are both of you from the same area?
It was in Montreal. We both drove 9 hours to get to the ring. Normally it's in the cage with a crowd, but Covid makes things less fun lol. He actually used to be on my team and was the Judo coach. I never met him back then but my manager is also his manager and he booked us to scrap lol

Back