My third fight is coming up! Representing my gym and Sherdog!

Just wanted to share this. I'll be taking on my third MMA opponent in a few weeks. I'll post my last two fights at the bottom of this thread. My record is 1-0-1. I'm mainly a striker but I'm a BJJ purple belt as well. He's a BJJ purple, Judo black, and no hands (according to my coach lol). I expect a tough fight and for him to try and give me the Khabib treatment, so this camp I have been focusing on take down defense, circling to the center, jabs, 1-2's, uppercuts to counter how he likes to duck his head, and leg kicks. Fundamentals all day.

PPV Link:
https://www.crowdcast.io/e/mfl-19

205338780_10218534188361591_1429811268194455489_n.jpg

First Fight:

Second Fight:

Here's my opponents last fight. He's had 3 in 2016 and none got out of the first round.

He doesn't seem to react to well to getting hit, and I'm going to try and use this to my advantage. He is a legit grappler though. We will see how this pans out and I'm excited!

Why haven’t you fought in a couple years? Was it injury related

Just wanted to share this. I'll be taking on my third MMA opponent in a few weeks. I'll post my last two fights at the bottom of this thread. My record is 1-0-1. I'm mainly a striker but I'm a BJJ purple belt as well. He's a BJJ purple, Judo black, and no hands (according to my coach lol). I expect a tough fight and for him to try and give me the Khabib treatment, so this camp I have been focusing on take down defense, circling to the center, jabs, 1-2's, uppercuts to counter how he likes to duck his head, and leg kicks. Fundamentals all day.

PPV Link:

First Fight:

Second Fight:

Here's my opponents last fight. He's had 3 in 2016 and none got out of the first round.

He doesn't seem to react to well to getting hit, and I'm going to try and use this to my advantage. He is a legit grappler though. We will see how this pans out and I'm excited!

Best of luck!

Was somebody wearing jeanshorts in your first fight? Makes it look very minor league. I'd spring for actual MMA looking compression shorts.

GOOD LUCK, we will all be cheering for you.

Was somebody wearing jeanshorts in your first fight? Makes it look very minor league. I'd spring for actual MMA looking compression shorts.

GOOD LUCK, we will all be cheering for you.
That guy was a dummy smokin' cigs before and after the fight. And yes, looked like trash and I'm happy I made him tap to strikes. My coach got me a bum to see what would happen, then he gave me a real fighter for the second one and it was WAY more fun.

Covid made it illegal to hold amateur competitions. I had no choice but sit out like all the other amateurs in the country.
COVID and the governments reaction to it, (kept reopening and closing) fucked up the MMA scene. I was supposed to have a fight in Feb 2020 and haven't had one since that got cancelled and it's been an almost 2 year lockdown. I have a good paying career instead so it was no loss but my condolesces to anyone who wanted to make MMA their career in Canada.

Still to this day who really fucking knows when we will reopen lol. Ford is really trying to put the screw into the province, we are the only place in North America still not fully open even tho we have pretty good vaccination rates and the vast majority have gotten it (70%)

I'm genuinely not gonna be surprised if we reopen for the winter or they might lockdown after the whatever numbered wave comes with the winter months. My university graduation got cancelled since last year and I just got a diploma lol after they just said fuck it

UPDATE: My opponent and I are both ON WEIGHT. LFG! We got ourselves a fight! I'm also fighting first and I'm going to give it everything I got in the tank. If I'm not gassed as shit by the end of round 3, I didn't do my job. This is no "30%" game. Manage my gas for three rounds intelligently, and make sure it's spent by the end.

PPV Link:

First Fight:

Second Fight:

Your second opponent was not half bad - I'm surprised you are in the same weight class, he's way better built and a lot stronger as well. I'd say he won that fight, so it's a good thing you got a tie.

Your second opponent was not half bad - I'm surprised you are in the same weight class, he's way better built and a lot stronger as well. I'd say he won that fight, so it's a good thing you got a tie.

Fair enough. I kicked him very hard twice in the first round, none of his punches landed TOO clean as I was defending and forcing them to glance off my shell, scored a takedown, pass to half guard, pass to mount, and a bunch of unanswered punches to the face in mount (saved by the bell). I controlled him against the fence for the majority of the second and knee'd him. He got on top of me after landing a good overhand that stunned me in the third.

I think I won 2-1 out of the rounds but fair play to you.

Last edited:
COVID and the governments reaction to it, (kept reopening and closing) fucked up the MMA scene. I was supposed to have a fight in Feb 2020 and haven't had one since that got cancelled and it's been an almost 2 year lockdown. I have a good paying career instead so it was no loss but my condolesces to anyone who wanted to make MMA their career in Canada.

Still to this day who really fucking knows when we will reopen lol. Ford is really trying to put the screw into the province, we are the only place in North America still not fully open even tho we have pretty good vaccination rates and the vast majority have gotten it (70%)

I'm genuinely not gonna be surprised if we reopen for the winter or they might lockdown after the whatever numbered wave comes with the winter months. My university graduation got cancelled since last year and I just got a diploma lol after they just said fuck it
Quebec and Ontario got seriously fucked with government imposed lockdowns. I think this whole covid situation is a wake up call to everyone, especially those who thought they lived in free and sane nations. Freedom, as it turns out, is just an illusion. When the safety of a few overrules the freedom for all, you know you are in trouble. Heck, even now, when all of the vulnerable have been vaccinated, some restrictions remain. An even bigger problem is that nearly every country has turned into a police state, so there's no where to run - other than the forest/jungle - far from the government reach, perhaps.

UPDATE: My opponent and I are both ON WEIGHT. LFG! We got ourselves a fight! I'm also fighting first and I'm going to give it everything I got in the tank. If I'm not gassed as shit by the end of round 3, I didn't do my job. This is no "30%" game. Manage my gas for three rounds intelligently, and make sure it's spent by the end.

PPV Link:

First Fight:

Second Fight:

Good luck today, Sherbro!

Back