My prediction is no way MMA is legal in 20 years from now

All seriousness it will probably be done by robots with AI or machines that imitate real time human movements like that movie.

That's what Hugh said in the rain digging for parts. Robots take the violence people love, even made them look like peoples
#RealSteel

That's what Hugh said in the rain digging for parts. Robots take the violence people love, even made them look like peoples
#RealSteel
Thats it! Hugh fucking Jackmans in it. Kids movie but not that bad.

All seriousness it will probably be done by robots with AI or machines that imitate real time human movements like that movie.
That boxing movie is called Real Steel
, might happen although robots controlled by AI would be hard to do all those moves not just hand fighting

The way the world is moving no way on Earth is the politics going to allow people to get punched and kicked in the head for a living very much longer...... I'd say like the NFL itll be extra extra pading and bunch of rule bs rule changes. Then the credits will begin to roll shortly after.

Violent sports just don't have a place for this world anymore in this day and age I guess :(

Impossible ...at the very core of every human has the desire for battle..its stronger in some then others..

But combat is written into our DNA...there will always be market for violence...just like there will always be a market for Sex

The band Disturbed said it best

lmao humanity is overrated ... ive been hearing the “ dont buy a car now cause in a few years they will have ridiculous mpg and might even fly ” crap ....... Things wont change dramatically in 20 years and people wont be more civilized like in Demolition man where they fucked virtually and you got a ticket for cursing.

That boxing movie is called Real Steel
, might happen although robots controlled by AI would be hard to do all those moves not just hand fighting
Talking AI is one of my favourite subjects although I'm far from an expert. Its a fun rabbit hole when Im smashed.

Yeah in 20 years it will be around but he could be right in our pussified western countries. Like fuck places such as Brazil or Dagestan will outlaw it. USA and co will have to go back underground like pre 93!
I agree
MMA may become "illegal"
I don't think it will happen to boxing, tho it may get replaced with bare knuckle boxing, same as gloved muay thai (not in Thailand) may get replaced with Lethwei
No gloves=less brain trauma

The way the world is moving no way on Earth is the politics going to allow people to get punched and kicked in the head for a living very much longer...... I'd say like the NFL itll be extra extra pading and bunch of rule bs rule changes. Then the credits will begin to roll shortly after.

Violent sports just don't have a place for this world anymore in this day and age I guess :(

I could see some countries banning it like France did, but all of them? No way. And not because it is the moral thing to do or not. Violent sports bring money/excitement since the beggining of times (gladiator arenas).

If the world really becomes that pussified, drop the nukes now and lets end civilization
You're suggesting that if cage fighting is banned, we should nuke the Planet Earth? You realize combat fighting is banned periodically during history in many places.

Some predicted it wouldn't be around after the first three UFC events. There will be endless conversations about CTE and brain injuries in football, boxing, and MMA with none of them being banned. In boxing they take many more blows to the head than in MMA. In been around forever and is not about to go anywhere. People crave contact sports. As savagery as it is they have that thirst for it and there is money to be made in it so it will continue to exist.

The world is changing. You have to realize sports were created at a time before videogames. Why would people pay to watch people throw a ball to both sides of a goal, when a videogame eventually looks the same but the players are all on steroids x100 plus they never get injured. The simplicity of sports is not enough for modern people.

You really think MMA will exist when we get the matrix and can watch Anderson silva x100? Not fighters out strengthening each other but out technique. I mean it would be awesome. Would be like real life dragonballz. Obviously something like EA UFC won't replace mma anytime soon. But when players have control like real fighters do we will see something interesting. Tornado front kick KO's. Kung fu would be back. The only steroids to worry about in athletes would be adderall

Bookmarked. Will bump.

It wouldn't surprise me

More likely than being banned though, is sports like these dying out on their own when more and more people decide that the possibility of receiving traumatic brain injuries just isn't worth the risk

Last edited:

NFL is liable because they provide protection and pretended trauma didn’t exist. There’s no hiding that mma, like boxing, is going to give you brain damage.

Is it just me or does this thread have a political stench to it?

The world is changing. You have to realize sports were created at a time before videogames. Why would people pay to watch people throw a ball to both sides of a goal, when a videogame eventually looks the same but the players are all on steroids x100 plus they never get injured. The simplicity of sports is not enough for modern people.

You really think MMA will exist when we get the matrix and can watch Anderson silva x100? Not fighters out strengthening each other but out technique. I mean it would be awesome. Would be like real life dragonballz. Obviously something like EA UFC won't replace mma anytime soon. But when players have control like real fighters do we will see something interesting. Tornado front kick KO's. Kung fu would be back. The only steroids to worry about in athletes would be adderall
Nothing beats the real thing
VR will never beat reality

If a Chris Benoit incident ever happened in MMA then it would proberly be banned.

Back