My prediction is no way MMA is legal in 20 years from now

Such a tiny percentage of the population are professional fighters.

Why would they ban an entire sport that generates huge amounts of money and promotes health/fitness on a large scale to save the brains of a few fighters?

It's best to use logic when predicting the future... Otherwise you'll sound as stupid as people who thought we'd all have flying cars and ray guns by 2010.

I think humans will still do it
But not in a cage or in a ring
In a PIT
YAMMA! NEVER DIES
The UFC will finally have achieved World Fucking Domination and matches will be held in zero gravity chambers, you goof.
<31>

If a Chris Benoit incident ever happened in MMA then it would proberly be banned.
Probably not
Pro wrestling isn't banned
Chris was also depressed after Eddie died, add steroids, severe brain trauma and loneliness
I belive that Benoit got a roid rage and killed his family
Later he realised what happened and killed himself
There are even theories about murder

The UFC will finally have achieved World Fucking Domination and matches will be held in zero gravity chambers, you goof.
<31>
With Dana? Maybe, MAYBE, the fighters pay would increase a little bit
'Zero gravity chamber' would be too expensive for uncle Dana

The world is changing. You have to realize sports were created at a time before videogames. Why would people pay to watch people throw a ball to both sides of a goal, when a videogame eventually looks the same but the players are all on steroids x100 plus they never get injured. The simplicity of sports is not enough for modern people.

You really think MMA will exist when we get the matrix and can watch Anderson silva x100? Not fighters out strengthening each other but out technique. I mean it would be awesome. Would be like real life dragonballz. Obviously something like EA UFC won't replace mma anytime soon. But when players have control like real fighters do we will see something interesting. Tornado front kick KO's. Kung fu would be back. The only steroids to worry about in athletes would be adderall

Ya, one day we'll have virtually reality and stuff and we'll be able to jump in a VR machine and just do it ourselves without any real risk of death or long term injuries

Plus we'll be able to build robots/androids whose brains will be a 100x tougher than ours and who will be built to sustain far more punishment than us in general. We can just build these things for the purpose of fighting

With robots there's no sense of danger or ramifications hence no appeal for me. I'm out on fighting robots. Now if we're talking about cyborgs that's another story.

Could always be some kind of sentient cyber-life that we enslave

Back