My OPINION: Stephen A. Smith is good if not dare I say GREAT for the sport!!!

the man is utter trash as a sports analyst, but as an entertainer I kinda get it. But keep him far away from UFC broadcasts or post fight shows. He brings nothing to them

Never been a S.A.S fan but you have to give credit when credit is do. He calls a spade a spade and pulls NO punches with his opinion whether you agree with him or not. He called the Cerrone/Conor fight exactly how it played out. He also called the Mayweather/Conor fight EXACTLY how it played out ("Expect Mayweather to placate the crowd for some rounds then finish Conor later) Mayweather/Pacquiao ("Mayweather's going to do what Mayweather does, stick the jab, throw a few power shots and not get hit and WIN") , Lomachenko/Salido ("Salido is going to give him trouble this early in his pro career, this isn't the Olympics")ETC. I hate his personality but he doesn't talk out of his ass.

Whether you personally feel he is entertaining is irrelevant. Some people don't see Conor as one of the GOATS and maybe they couldn't personally care less whether he wins, loses, or fights at all!! But what can not be denied is that when Conor fights, most people tune in. When Smith speaks, most people tune in. That's why they make what they make./QUOTE]

/QUOTE]
[
Maybe that is true for you, but as a non American he's a complete unknown, which makes his sudden appearance on the broadcast baffling to me, if you are respected in the sport you will be able to get a pass on certain things, this guy just came in dry and clearly uneducated on the sport and shat on a legend.

Back